Charley Walters: Look for Vikings to ...

Charley Walters: Look for Vikings to trade their first-round pick in April's NFL draft

There are 40 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 26, 2011, titled Charley Walters: Look for Vikings to trade their first-round pick in April's NFL draft. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The guess here is that the Vikings, who are without a third-round pick for the April 28-30 NFL draft and have several significant holes to fill, will trade down in the first round with their No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Friends call me Jim

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Feb 26, 2011
Once again, Charlie, Roseau is a fine hockey town, but Neil Broten is from Roseau, Henry Boucha is from Warroad.
fracas

Tucson, AZ

#2 Feb 27, 2011
MEMO TO RALPH: ROFLMAO

Since: Sep 08

Farmington, MN

#3 Feb 27, 2011
lose vikings
fred

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Feb 27, 2011
the only nfl team at weber's pro day will be the vikings!and that will be the secretary!
fmc651

United States

#5 Feb 27, 2011
The is a reason Adam weber wasn't invited. He doesn't belong there. He should be playing flag football next fall on a rec team in Mpls.
Free Jeff Dubay

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Feb 27, 2011
Sampson to consider entering the NBA draft. Am I reading the funny pages? He couldn't even dominate a good high school team. What a major disappointment he has been in college. McHale once said that "you can't coach height" well he's is right in RS III's case.
Mark

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Feb 27, 2011
I stopped reading at "The guess..."

Only two words in and Walters lets you know there is no basis for what he's saying. It's just his own "Oh gee, makes sense to me."

What a waste of ink.
LEON joe CROOKS

Lees Summit, MO

#8 Feb 27, 2011
tHE MINNESOTA VIKINGS NEED TO DRAFT A QUARETERBACK AND SIGN DONOVAN MCNABB TRADE THIER NUMBER 12 PICK AND GET TWO PICKS LATE FIRST ROUND AND A SECOND ROUND PLUS THE SECOND ROUND OUT ON THE THIRD ROUND BECAUSE OF MOSS. WOULD GIVE THME 7 PICKS WITH A QB PICK AND 6 LEFT DRAFT A DEFENSIVELINEMAN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN AND A RECIEVER SIGN SIDNEY RICE CORNERBACK SAFETY DEFENSIVELINMEN
Matt

Saint Bonifacius, MN

#9 Feb 27, 2011
Charlie - you do realize there is no body part called the achilles heel. There is an achilles tendon that someone could have surgery on. Achilles heel has nothing to do with the human body.
Scruffy

Canton, MI

#10 Feb 27, 2011
Mark wrote:
I stopped reading at "The guess..."
So did I!
Bikerr

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Feb 27, 2011
LEON joe CROOKS wrote:
tHE MINNESOTA VIKINGS NEED TO DRAFT A QUARETERBACK AND SIGN DONOVAN MCNABB TRADE THIER NUMBER 12 PICK AND GET TWO PICKS LATE FIRST ROUND AND A SECOND ROUND PLUS THE SECOND ROUND OUT ON THE THIRD ROUND BECAUSE OF MOSS. WOULD GIVE THME 7 PICKS WITH A QB PICK AND 6 LEFT DRAFT A DEFENSIVELINEMAN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN AND A RECIEVER SIGN SIDNEY RICE CORNERBACK SAFETY DEFENSIVELINMEN
Stop Yelling, it's rude.
vincent l

Eden Prairie, MN

#12 Feb 27, 2011
Sampson to the NBA-this kid is clearly delusional
vincent l

Eden Prairie, MN

#13 Feb 27, 2011
Sampson to the NBA??? Give me a break!!

“Great place to live”

Since: Jan 09

Grand Rapids, MN

#14 Feb 27, 2011
Achilles Heel? Future prospect? How can this guy be called a journalist? I'm sorry but I can't take it anymore. I will no longer read this stuff.
andy g

Chicago, IL

#15 Feb 27, 2011
Sampson3 in the league??? Not hardly, too lazy. Doesn't move well and stands around too much...he should pay admission.
Mbakwe would be the guy if anyone on this team is a candidate.
The Gophers lack of a point guard could have them being a one and done in the NIT. Hopefully they can salvage some pride in a season ravaged by injury in the NIT and use that as a springboard to a decent year next year...if they learn how to put a boot across an opponents throat in the last five minutes of a game that is....
Wahoo McDaniel

Rochester, MN

#16 Feb 27, 2011
"A little birdie says former Gophers associate women's golf coach Katie Brenny is seeking about $160,000 from the University of Minnesota with her sexual bias lawsuit."

You lick 'em Katie!
mike

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Feb 27, 2011
Bikerr wrote:
<quoted text> Stop Yelling, it's rude.
are you a woman that does internet dating? it's happened to me.

Since: Sep 08

Farmington, MN

#18 Feb 27, 2011
oh yeah trade down.im sure the 3rd round pick is a lot more important then your first round pick

Since: Feb 08

Rochester, MN

#19 Feb 27, 2011
If the Gophers are doing push ups and running for missing free throws, we should be the strongest and best conditioned team in the country. So why are we so soft and can't seem to get back on defense to stop the parade of fast break dunks?

Ralph III to test the draft waters? In what league -- intramurals? That's laughable. Of course he could take Williams with him too. Rodney is very athletic, at least we're told that 10 times a game. He just has a little trouble with the dribbling, shooting, rebounding and defense parts of the game.
sandi

Escondido, CA

#20 Feb 27, 2011
rose bowl turf dying, haha. as dead as the UofM chances of EVER playing in Pasadena in early January.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BLM urge rioting over OSU SHOOTING 4 hr Drumpf 16
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 19 hr texas pete 628
Get Over It! Sat Evil Roy Slade 10
Obama & BLM mourn monstor Fidel Castro Fri Protesters CAN WORK 50
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Fri Squirtzzz3971 35,607
Child sex ring>Pizzagate>Clinton's>Obama's>FBI ... Dec 1 Georgia 1
News Cops To Drunk Drivers: We'll Make You Listen To... Nov 30 Ferrerman 20

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages