Young People Push Back Against Gender Categories

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Jul 18, 2013

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

This is so stupid on so many levels. Most people really don't care or want to know what someones "chosen gender pronoun" is. Bottom line, there is only male and female, he and she, him and her.
No matter what you wear, how many surgeries you have or hormones you take, you can't change DNA. Chromosomes don't know from LBGT.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dead teenager wrote:
But But But, didn't the Legislature just pass a law making new genders?
We now have males who are really females and females who are really males. And then there are...
Oh forget it, the USA is running amuck!
If you're confused now, wait until someone invents the technology to change XX to XY and back again.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 17, 2013
 
Scientifically speaking there is only male and female, he and she, him and her.

No matter what you wear, how many surgeries you have or hormones you take, you can't change DNA. Chromosomes don't know from LGBT.

And since the percentage of people who fall in to this "category" is around 10% of the population, the rest of us really don't care about your silly new classifications and don't really want to know.

Someone better tell these college students that when they are out in the world and interviewing for jobs, they might want to keep their "gender pronoun preference" to themselves. At least until they actually get hired.
Why?
Because it's a pretty good bet that if you sachet in to an interview declaring your right to be referred to with specific gender pronouns right off the bat, there's a good chance that will be the last you hear from that company.
Ben

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 17, 2013
 
cantmakeitup wrote:
Scientifically speaking there is only male and female, he and she, him and her.
No matter what you wear, how many surgeries you have or hormones you take, you can't change DNA. Chromosomes don't know from LGBT.
And since the percentage of people who fall in to this "category" is around 10% of the population, the rest of us really don't care about your silly new classifications and don't really want to know.
Someone better tell these college students that when they are out in the world and interviewing for jobs, they might want to keep their "gender pronoun preference" to themselves. At least until they actually get hired.
Why?
Because it's a pretty good bet that if you sachet in to an interview declaring your right to be referred to with specific gender pronouns right off the bat, there's a good chance that will be the last you hear from that company.
HMMMMM so... does that mean Chaz or whateverthehell its name is is still a female BWahahahhahahahhahahha guess that was a waste of a surgery and money Bwahahahahahahha I bet Cher and dead Sonny are so proud !!!!!! Bwahahahhahahhaha

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 17, 2013
 
Ben wrote:
<quoted text> HMMMMM so... does that mean Chaz or whateverthehell its name is is still a female BWahahahhahahahhahahha guess that was a waste of a surgery and money Bwahahahahahahha I bet Cher and dead Sonny are so proud !!!!!! Bwahahahhahahhaha
Genetically speaking, at the cellular level, yes. Chaz is still a girl.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Guy with no heart,....blathers. Does a bear poop in your face ?

Dead family seem familiar !??? LMAOROFU~!

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 17, 2013
 
cantmakeitup wrote:
This is so stupid on so many levels. Most people really don't care or want to know what someones "chosen gender pronoun" is. Bottom line, there is only male and female, he and she, him and her.
No matter what you wear, how many surgeries you have or hormones you take, you can't change DNA. Chromosomes don't know from LBGT.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...
then what do you classify those who are technically BOTH genders with BOTH sets of DNA?
.
also, the person might be noticing that they might have some form of chromosome irregularities like Turner Syndrome, Klinefelter syndrome, Triple-X syndrome, XYY syndrome, intersexed,
.
http://anthro.palomar.edu/abnormal/abnormal_5... The high frequency of people with sex chromosome aberrations is partly due to the fact that they are rarely lethal conditions.
.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/artic...
46, XX Intersex. The person has the chromosomes of a woman, the ovaries of a woman, but external (outside) genitals that appear male.
46, XY Intersex. The person has the chromosomes of a man, but the external genitals are incompletely formed, ambiguous, or clearly female.
True Gonadal Intersex. Here the person must have both ovarian and testicular tissue. This may be in the same gonad (an ovotestis), or the person might have one ovary and one testis. The person may have XX chromosomes, XY chromosomes, or both.
Complex or Undetermined Intersex Disorders of Sexual Development. Many chromosome configurations other than simple 46, XX or 46, XY can result in disorders of sex development.
.
.
thing is, it is not as simple as you think things are. and I am NOT going to get into where those who are human chimeras also might have parts of the aforementioned chromosomal disparities.
.
remember that the next time you look or glance at someone, that person may not be what you think they are on the inside as in genetics as they appear on the outside......
Sam Allie

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 17, 2013
 
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
then what do you classify those who are technically BOTH genders with BOTH sets of DNA?
.
also, the person might be noticing that they might have some form of chromosome irregularities like Turner Syndrome, Klinefelter syndrome, Triple-X syndrome, XYY syndrome, intersexed,
.
http://anthro.palomar.edu/abnormal/abnormal_5... The high frequency of people with sex chromosome aberrations is partly due to the fact that they are rarely lethal conditions.
.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/artic...
46, XX Intersex. The person has the chromosomes of a woman, the ovaries of a woman, but external (outside) genitals that appear male.
46, XY Intersex. The person has the chromosomes of a man, but the external genitals are incompletely formed, ambiguous, or clearly female.
True Gonadal Intersex. Here the person must have both ovarian and testicular tissue. This may be in the same gonad (an ovotestis), or the person might have one ovary and one testis. The person may have XX chromosomes, XY chromosomes, or both.
Complex or Undetermined Intersex Disorders of Sexual Development. Many chromosome configurations other than simple 46, XX or 46, XY can result in disorders of sex development.
.
.
thing is, it is not as simple as you think things are. and I am NOT going to get into where those who are human chimeras also might have parts of the aforementioned chromosomal disparities.
.
remember that the next time you look or glance at someone, that person may not be what you think they are on the inside as in genetics as they appear on the outside......
You do have a nice pair of test tick alls

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 17, 2013
 
Sam Allie wrote:
<quoted text>You do have a nice pair of test tick alls
as far as I know it, I was born with female DNA. part of that is due to the fact I saw my medical records once.
.
as for balls, I admit have a set, but in my case they are called ovaries. something a former boss of mine pointed out to me. I miss working for him and his family at the factory they used to own.
Bushwacker

Saint Petersburg, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 18, 2013
 
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
as far as I know it, I was born with female DNA. part of that is due to the fact I saw my medical records once.
.
as for balls, I admit have a set, but in my case they are called ovaries. something a former boss of mine pointed out to me. I miss working for him and his family at the factory they used to own.
I love it when young people push back.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 18, 2013
 
Bushwacker wrote:
<quoted text>I love it when young people push back.
so my 52 years of age is young to you?????
.
Thanks/
Bushwacker

Saint Petersburg, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 18, 2013
 
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
so my 52 years of age is young to you?????
.
Thanks/
I think I love you.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jul 18, 2013
 
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
then what do you classify those who are technically BOTH genders .
Rare genetic mutations. And we still don't have the technology to safely modify those chromosomes. At least, not that I am aware of.
Bushwacker

Saint Petersburg, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jul 18, 2013
 
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Rare genetic mutations. And we still don't have the technology to safely modify those chromosomes. At least, not that I am aware of.
I like older men with hairy arms.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jul 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Rare genetic mutations. And we still don't have the technology to safely modify those chromosomes. At least, not that I am aware of.
About 1 in 2000 births are intersexed. meaning both genders in one person.
.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/intersex-childre... An estimated 1 in 2,000 children born each year are neither boy nor girl -- they are intersex, part of a group of about 60 conditions that fall under the diagnosis of disorders of sexual development (DSD).
.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/6994580/ns/health-c... Itís the first question new parents hear: girl or boy? But hundreds of babies are born each year where the gender isnít clear. Prompt surgery to assign one was once the norm.
.
most end up being the victim of the scalpel before they are a day old. and most do not find out. meaning the male parts are cut away from them and they are in most cases, raised as female.
.
one family who had adopted a intersexed child. they were planning on letting the child grow up with both. so the child later on could go with the gender the child felt was that child's real gender. but their doctor removed that choice from the kid and the family by having the kid's male parts removed.
.
there have been several cases on where the doctor decided for the family and the child in question. and it was brought to court.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jul 18, 2013
 
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
About 1 in 2000 births are intersexed. meaning both genders in one person.
.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/intersex-childre... An estimated 1 in 2,000 children born each year are neither boy nor girl -- they are intersex, part of a group of about 60 conditions that fall under the diagnosis of disorders of sexual development (DSD).
.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/6994580/ns/health-c... Itís the first question new parents hear: girl or boy? But hundreds of babies are born each year where the gender isnít clear. Prompt surgery to assign one was once the norm.
.
most end up being the victim of the scalpel before they are a day old. and most do not find out. meaning the male parts are cut away from them and they are in most cases, raised as female.
.
one family who had adopted a intersexed child. they were planning on letting the child grow up with both. so the child later on could go with the gender the child felt was that child's real gender. but their doctor removed that choice from the kid and the family by having the kid's male parts removed.
.
there have been several cases on where the doctor decided for the family and the child in question. and it was brought to court.
As usual, it depends on who you ask:

Prevalence

The prevalence of intersex depends on which definition is used. According to the ISNA definition above, 1 percent of live births exhibit some degree of sexual ambiguity.[9] Between 0.1% and 0.2% of live births are ambiguous enough to become the subject of specialist medical attention, including surgery to assign them to a given sex category (i.e. male or female). According to Fausto-Sterling's definition of intersex,[10] on the other hand, 1.9 percent of human births are intersex.[10] She writes,
ď While male and female stand on the extreme ends of a biological continuum, there are many bodies [...] that evidently mix together anatomical components conventionally attributed to both males and females. The implications of my argument for a sexual continuum are profound. If nature really offers us more than two sexes, then it follows that our current notions of masculinity and femininity are cultural conceits.

[...] Modern surgical techniques help maintain the two-sex system. Today children who are born "either/or-neither/both " ó a fairly common phenomenon ó usually disappear from view because doctors "correct" them right away with surgery.[10]
Ē

According to Leonard Sax the prevalence of intersex "restricted to those conditions in which chromosomal sex is inconsistent with phenotypic sex, or in which the phenotype is not classifiable as either male or female" is about 0.018%.[11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jul 18, 2013
 
Writing to your other moniker ??? LMAOROFU~!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••