Menagha man's monster muskie missing

Menagha man's monster muskie missing

There are 22 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 11, 2009, titled Menagha man's monster muskie missing. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Minnesota man wants his monster muskie back. Butch Cole of Menagha is offering a reward for the return of his trophy muskie.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Phillup Macrevis

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jun 11, 2009
come on return the fish and be done with it
andrew zimmern

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jun 11, 2009
I bet you cant say" Menagha mans monster muskie missing" ten times fast.
Ironic dont you think

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jun 11, 2009
sounds fishy
FIN

Ashburn, VA

#4 Jun 11, 2009
One of the reasons for the decline of newspapers is that they can't keep up with news fast enough - i.e., 24 hour news channels, the internet, etc. This much can't be disputed. My opinion is that another reason would be how displaced the print media is from it's consumers. Not only do we not know who the people are who write articles, stories, headlines,etc. it is obvious that they don't know us. I can just see the conversation between this AP writer and his/her editor. "Hey, should we go with this cute little crime piece from up north?" "Absolutely... how do you spell that town? Menaga, Menega, Mahnahgah?"

No, you idiots it is MENAHGA!

Please, we get it... Menahga is in the middle of nowhere, but at least do us a favor and Google the name of the town if you don't know how to spell it.
picklesnorkie

Scottsdale, AZ

#5 Jun 11, 2009
here fishy fishy fishy!!! likely some teen prank........give him back his fishy!!!

“SAY WHAT ???????????????”

Since: Mar 09

BULLRUSH

#6 Jun 11, 2009
give a man that filet-o -fish give a man that fish,if it was you hanging up on this wall you wouldn't be laughing at all.ooooohhhhhhhhhhhh.
bensauke

Rockford, MN

#7 Jun 11, 2009
What if it was you hanging up on that wall?
Now Butch Hall isn't laughing at allll!.

Oh God, sorry.
bensauke

Rockford, MN

#8 Jun 11, 2009
Clam, you beat me to it!! lol
Lolly Caveflow

Alexandria, MN

#9 Jun 11, 2009
For small towns like Menahga and Park Rapids there is stealing all the time and the police very seldom solve crimes because most of the people there only think for themselves. In the Cenex station in Menahga there's a sign that says "No more than four teens at a time in the store."

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Jun 11, 2009
Has Mr. Cole tried praying to Saint Urho yet? I heard there's a St. Urho shrine there. He should be out there on his knees instead of whining to the press.
Lisa

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jun 11, 2009
Probably stolen by the same loser who took the Ruby Slippers from a museum in Grand Rapids.
Phillup Macrevis

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Jun 11, 2009
when the smelt run the salmon come in
FIN

Ashburn, VA

#13 Jun 11, 2009
Lolly... That's an awesome take coming from someone that lives less than an hour away and from a town about the same population as Menahga and Park Rapids. There is a reason they built the new road AROUND Staples... no one wanted to go through it!
Charlie Tuna

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jun 11, 2009
what's the best tuna chicken of the sea......tellem Charlie sent ya
PETA

Shakopee, MN

#15 Jun 11, 2009
The Pretenders will never go there, you cruel *******! Hanging dead fish on your walls!
Chemical Ali

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jun 11, 2009
and the fish was just turning it's life around
SunShine

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Jun 11, 2009
I put hooks on it, and I'm using it to troll for Marlin.
Menahga Muskie

Sebeka, MN

#18 Jun 15, 2009
Busker Bill wrote:
Has Mr. Cole tried praying to Saint Urho yet? I heard there's a St. Urho shrine there. He should be out there on his knees instead of whining to the press.
Hey, numnutz, you ever lose anything? My guess is no, cuz you more than likely have nothing. Bet you'll never even see a 50 inch muskie, let alone catch one. Get a job and leave the typing rude comments to children, sorry, judging by your comment, you are a child. By the way, I'm not "whining" to the press, they got this info off of Craigslist, moron.
Menahga Muskie

Sebeka, MN

#19 Jun 15, 2009
Hmmm, sounds like most of you don't have jobs. Too much time to sit in front of a computer and kick people when they are down. Hope you never end up the subject on one of these, could get ugly. Just for the record, I didn't "whine" to anyone over this. I simply put an ad on Craigslist, THE MEDIA took over from there. I've had 20 calls from radio, newspapers and television stations, even saw the picture on KSAX news. So what if they want to run the story? Does that hurt YOU at all? I'm VERY appreciative of them taking the ball and running with it, any/all exposure I can get on this is awesome. My cousin (now passed away) was with me on this fishiong trip, that's why it is so important to me. Hope you never lose anything or anyone, hate to see you end up here getting "bashed". Have a great day!

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Jun 15, 2009
Menahga Muskie wrote:
<quoted text> Hey, numnutz, you ever lose anything? My guess is no, cuz you more than likely have nothing. Bet you'll never even see a 50 inch muskie, let alone catch one. Get a job and leave the typing rude comments to children, sorry, judging by your comment, you are a child. By the way, I'm not "whining" to the press, they got this info off of Craigslist, moron.
I'm guessing St. Urho didn't come through for you. Maybe you have to be Finnish.

I did lose something once. It was a 15 pound corn-fed squirrel that I shot up around Lindstrom (take a right at the Dairy queen). It was a real trophy and I was going to have it stuffed. While I was in the bathroom, though, Mom dressed it and had it in the frying pan before I could stop her. It fed eight people. Mom tried to make it up and told me where I could find more that size. They turned out to be woodchucks, though, and didn't taste nearly as good as that squirrel.

I hope you find your fish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don't talk to commies 2 hr Space ace 1
News From reissues to reunions: What Prince fans can... 14 hr @Real Kelly 3
#Dump Betsy Hodges! Apr 21 All libertards got 10
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Apr 21 UidiotRaceMakeWor... 36,891
Happy 420! Apr 20 TruDat 2
Fox news haha Apr 19 Davycrockett 1
U.S. Troops To Somalia! Apr 19 Davycrockett 7

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages