Soledad O'Brien Calls Out 'White Peop...

Soledad O'Brien Calls Out 'White People' Over 'Black In America'

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

CRASSUS

Neenah, WI

#1 May 15, 2013
Why is this beach still alive?

Soledad O'Brien addressed criticism from "white people" about her documentaries about race in America in a new video.

"First of all, it's only white people who ever said that --'if we could just see beyond race. If only people didn't see race, it would be such a better place, and you are responsible for bringing up these icky race issues, Soledad, you should just let sleeping dogs lie,'" O'Brien said.

She continued, "I was like, again,'OK, white person, this is a conversation you clearly are uncomfortable with, and I have no problem seeing race, and I think we should talk about race."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/13/sole...
Gooey Slew

Columbus, OH

#3 Nov 29, 2013
CRASSUS wrote:
Why is this beach still alive?
Soledad O'Brien addressed criticism from "white people" about her documentaries about race in America in a new video.
"First of all, it's only white people who ever said that --'if we could just see beyond race. If only people didn't see race, it would be such a better place, and you are responsible for bringing up these icky race issues, Soledad, you should just let sleeping dogs lie,'" O'Brien said.
She continued, "I was like, again,'OK, white person, this is a conversation you clearly are uncomfortable with, and I have no problem seeing race, and I think we should talk about race."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/13/sole...
Let's go knock out some woods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marshawn Lynch's Mom Fires Back At President Trump 52 min Minnesota miserable 8
CBS, PBS star Charlie Rose suspended after sexu... 2 hr Cat Fan 5
Trump on UCLA basketball players: 'I should hav... 2 hr The Lumber Jack 2
Will This Finish Off The NFL? 4 hr LIbEralS 25
News Al Franken's record, sized up (Oct '14) 5 hr OprahsFriendGayle 93
Why is Minnesota so liberal 5 hr OprahsFriendGayle 13
Another Lib busted for sexual harassment- Charl... 5 hr Libby 1

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance