Dem mayors to 'grade' gun-makers

There are 2 comments on the Jan 20, 2013, Politico story titled Dem mayors to 'grade' gun-makers. In it, Politico reports that:

If certain gun manufacturers refuse to address public safety concerns about firearms and ammunition, dozens of Democratic mayors intend to take their business elsewhere.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Politico.

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#1 Jan 21, 2013
From the article, a quote from the Boy Mayor of Minneapolis pushing for a boycott of gun manufacturers that don't cower to the threats of the Democrat Mayors Mob:

“It’s especially galling, paying money from our police departments to produce loopholes that allow illegal handguns into my communities that could be used against police officers.”

This is Mayor Archie's first step in seeing that law abiding citizens have their 2nd Amendment Rights trashed.

He is practicing for his next job as the Gun Czar for Barack Hussein Obama.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#2 Jan 21, 2013
Public safety is WRONG ?? Maybe you're "reading" something into this I'm missing ?? LMAOROTFU~! Poor TrashyLiar....

Amid a nationwide push for new gun regulations, members of the National Conference of Democratic Mayors have decided to launch an initiative grading gun manufacturers on their compliance with public safety goals. The companies that are least supportive may find it harder to sell their wares to police departments across the country.

Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak, who heads the Democratic mayors group, said the initiative grew out of an epiphany this week: that cities spend millions of dollars a year as customers of these companies, even while their agendas clash on Capitol Hill.

“When we were lobbying on Capitol Hill, it became clear that our goal of trying to pass laws that make it easier to make our communities safe was going to be opposed by the gun and ammunition manufacturers. We recognize as mayors, we help fund that, because we are one of the largest purchasers of guns and ammunition in the country,” Rybak told POLITICO in an interview Saturday morning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 2 hr Whiny1 222
NHL playoffs!!! 4 hr space ace 16
Message For (MSP) St.Paul , Minnesota Police De... 8 hr space ace 9
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Sat Fair Game 34,194
Somali mother puzzles over son's arrest Sat OgadenPrincess 15
Brown Family Lawsuit Sat LIbEralS 12
All Transgenders will go to hell !!! Apr 24 space ace 22
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE