Shooting victim found dead in car in ...

Shooting victim found dead in car in Cedar/Riverside neighborhood

There are 59 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 12, 2008, titled Shooting victim found dead in car in Cedar/Riverside neighborhood. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minneapolis police responded to a call of a shooting about 9:15 p.m. Friday in the area of Sixth Street South and Cedar Avenue South in the Cedar/Riverside neighborhood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sue

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Apr 12, 2008
Authorities haven't identified the man. But a Somali community spokesman said the family identified the victim as Abdulahi H. Abdi, 18, a student.

Star Tribune

Last update: April 12, 2008 - 11:56 AM
scuba

Spring Hill, FL

#3 Apr 12, 2008
I bet he was just a outstanding person doing nothing wrong, a perfect little angel and someone just thought hey I think I'm going to just shoot someone for the heck of it.
linokid

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Apr 12, 2008
scuba wrote:
I bet he was just a outstanding person doing nothing wrong, a perfect little angel and someone just thought hey I think I'm going to just shoot someone for the heck of it.
innocent people do get killed ya know. YOU know what happens when you assume.
MR UPDATE

Duluth, MN

#5 Apr 12, 2008
Sue wrote:
Authorities haven't identified the man. But a Somali community spokesman said the family identified the victim as Abdulahi H. Abdi, 18, a student.
Star Tribune
Last update: April 12, 2008 - 11:56 AM
Your comments have been the truth & correct . Also enjoy reading your comments & Thanks for keeping your comments clean.
Bob

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Apr 12, 2008
Copy and paste "murder in Minneapolis"

Consistent

Since: Mar 08

Zimmerman, MN

#10 Apr 12, 2008
If the Politicians would make murder illegal it would stop!!!

Oh wait....nothing....

10,000 years ago.....1.5% of people were bad.

In 10,000 years..... 1.5% of people will be bad.

Today..... 1.5% of people are bad.

So whats the answer?

Education, Wealth, Jobs, There is no answer, some things are just defective, including us humans.

More laws won't stop the 1.5%. More jails wont house all of the 1.5%. More Enforcers will not catch more of the 1.5%.

I know!!! How about if we change the 1.5% after we take away their rights.
Most people do not want to be in that 1.5% but do not know how to make better choices.

We can spend our wealth treating and changing people....or we can build more cages for them, pay more enforcers to come around after the crimes of the 1.5%, waste more wealth on the non- productive Lawyers for the 1.5% and continue to loose our rights out of fear of the 1.5%.

Radical eh?
Undergrad

Muscatine, IA

#11 Apr 12, 2008
Ignatious Reilly wrote:
They ought to at least post a first name or race so we know if these are drug related shootings or actual crimes that the rest of us need to care about.
Whaaaaaaat?! A name or a race lets you know if it's drug related or actual crimes? UGH. What is wrong with people??????????
Undergrad

Muscatine, IA

#12 Apr 12, 2008
Celebrate Diversity wrote:
Oh Joy!!!! We can't thank the Somali's for bringing a little piece of Mogadishu for all of us to enjoy! I look forward to more killing and violence in the near future!!! Entertainment for us all!!!
RACIST
Chang Wangoloski

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Apr 12, 2008
I bet you the killer is from chicago.
Bill Moyers

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Apr 12, 2008
MY PROSTRATE IS THE SIZE OF A GRAPEFRUIT!
Carrie

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Apr 12, 2008
Xing Pheng wrote:
I'll bet he smells better dead than alive.

Congratulations for having the most worthless post.
Kacy

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Apr 12, 2008
Hey PP - WHY do you allow this to continue? These racist cowards hide behind a computer and type this hate, and you allow it to happen. Why? How do you think this young man's family and friends feel reading this garbage? It's truly disgusting and it makes MN look like Mississippi.
are_you_serious

Tualatin, OR

#20 Apr 12, 2008
nice post kacy-until you fell into the same trap - what exactly is wrong with Mississippi?
Cyclist

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Apr 12, 2008
This is a really sad event. I biked by it last night- there were a lot of police tape and many officers milling about. I knew something horrible had gone down.

My heart goes out to his family.
calvin

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Apr 12, 2008
i'll bet dollars to donuts that this was not a random shooting and that there was gang activity involved. welcome to little Mogadishu of MN.
Hmmmmm

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Apr 12, 2008
Ignatious Reilly wrote:
They ought to at least post a first name or race so we know if these are drug related shootings or actual crimes that the rest of us need to care about.
So, knowing a first name or a race would somehow tell you whether or not it's a drug-related crime? And if it's a certain type of name, or a certain race, nobody should care? Nice.
love_UAbdullahi

Farmington, MN

#27 Apr 12, 2008
Ignatious Reilly wrote:
First off all whenever anyone dies it's news worthy.....What if this was your little brother or sister who passed away....and someone said well should we even care!!!! Name and race doesn't matter......U r the type of person that is just ignorant and needs GOD!!! And by the way he was a wonderful person and no this wasn't a drug related crime....he was a loving, smart, and a kind person...very ambitious and had a bright future ahead of him...he was like a little brother to me!!

Since: Apr 08

White Bear Township, MN

#29 Apr 12, 2008
love_UAbdullahi wrote:
<quoted text>
FAnd by the way he was a wonderful person and no this wasn't a drug related crime....he was a loving, smart, and a kind person...very ambitious and had a bright future ahead of him...he was like a little brother to me!!
How do you know? Do you know who killed him and why? It seems that in situations like this the family of the victim comes out and says how great he was and how he was such a good boy, but they never seem to be able to answer the question of why was he killed in a gang related killing if he was so good. Not that i am saying that in this case that it is gang related. However odds are in favor of someone not being too happy with him and killing him for some reason. Most murders are not random. It is sad that he was killed, but lets not jump to conclusions of the circumstances of this murder with out knowing the evidence. Even the best of people can make the worst of mistakes, ir gangs, drugs and the family never knows until its too late.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#30 Apr 12, 2008
love_UAbdullahi wrote:
<quoted text>And by the way he was a wonderful person and no this wasn't a drug related crime....he was a loving, smart, and a kind person...very ambitious and had a bright future ahead of him...he was like a little brother to me!!
Please accept my condolences at your loss. My thoughts are with his family at this most difficult time. Your words to describe your fallen friend are tender and kind, he was lucky to have such a friend as you.
Chinese murderer

Minneapolis, MN

#33 Apr 13, 2008
Xing Pheng wrote:
I'll bet he smells better dead than alive.
How is the raping and murdering of innocent tibetans going lately. You loser! I hope the Bejing games are a disaster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John mccain stabs GOP in back 1 hr Space ace 2
I love waking up to a Trump presidency 3 hr Davycrockett 36
Trump Bans Trans Military 3 hr Davycrockett 30
News Mohamed Noor is Proof That "Blue Lives" are a F... 3 hr Minneapolis KILLE... 2
Liberals are trying to destroy america 6 hr Cat Man 78
Bye bye Betsy...Bye bye Betsy 6 hr Davycrockett 18
Zero Point SH|T 14 hr cowboy chris 7

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages