Did an Armenian convert radicalize the bombers?

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Apr 26, 2013
1776 Defender

Ankeny, IA

#1 Apr 23, 2013
Did an Armenian convert radicalize the bombers?

Of all the strange aspects of the tragic Boston Marathon story, this may turn out to be the strangest:

Both Tamarlan Tsarnaev's uncle Ruslan Tsarni, and his former brother in-law have told the Associated Press that he was radicalized in the Boston area by a Muslim convert of Armenian origins named Misha. This happened in 2008 or 2009, after which Tamarlan became an ardent reader of jihadist websites and gave up writing and playing music, according to his relatives.

“I heard about nobody else but this convert,” Tsarni told AP.“The seed for changing his views was planted right there in Cambridge.”
We all know that converts can be more zealous than those born to a faith, but an Armenian native who converted to a radical brand Islam? As the world knows, Armenian Christians suffered their own holocaust at the hands of Muslim Turks early in the 20th century, during the break-up of the Ottoman Empire.

AP has been trying to find Misha for several days but no success yet.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/trudy-rubi...
Another View of Story

Ankeny, IA

#2 Apr 23, 2013
A Bald, Red-Bearded Exorcist Named Misha May Have Radicalized Tamerlan Tsarnaev

While Dzhokhar Tsarnaev claims that his older brother Tamerlan was the inspiration for the attack on the Bosotn Marathon, who was the inspiration for Tamerlan? According to reports by the AP and Daily Mail, family members point the finger at a man identified only as Misha, a friend whom Tamerlan knew through a local mosque. Misha is described as a bald, red-bearded, 30-year-old Armenian convert to Islam who "claimed to be an exorcist who is fighting with demons." Tamerlan's uncle, the famously pissed off Ruslan Tsarni, as well as Tamerlan's former brother-in-law Elmirza Khozhugov, say Misha's teachings took a hold over the deceased terror suspect:

"When Misha would start talking, Tamerlan would stop talking and listen. It upset his father because Tamerlan wouldn't listen to him as much," Khozhugov said. "He would listen to this guy from the mosque who was preaching to him."

Anzor became so concerned that he called his brother, worried about Misha's effects.

"I heard about nobody else but this convert," Tsarni said. "The seed for changing his views was planted right there in Cambridge."

Tamerlan lost an interest in music because Misha said it was un-Islamic. He started to read Al Qaeda's Inspire magazine — which happens to have promoted the very same type of pressure cooker bomb used in the Boston attack — and Infowars, the insane conspiracy theory website run by Alex Jones.("I've seen this before," Jones tells Buzzfeed. "The federal government trying to connect me to tragedies.")

Misha's full identity has yet to be revealed, but it shouldn't take long. There can't be that many bald, red-bearded Armenian Muslims in the Cambridge area.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/04/...
1776 Defender

Ankeny, IA

#3 Apr 23, 2013
Armenalings are trouble every where you go
Misha is not Armenian

India

#4 Apr 23, 2013
This story is ridiculous. Where is this 30-year-old, bald, red-bearded Armenian convert to Islam nameed Misha in the Cambridge area? Have they found this friend that Tamerlan knew through a local mosque?

The shootout Thursday night was in the Armenian neighborhood of East Watertown, and the Armenian Genocide Commemoration at the Massachusets State House had to be cancelled on Friday. Armenians have been victims of this heinous crime, not the inspiration for Tamerlan's attack on the Bosotn Marathon.

Tamerlan's uncle must be the exorcist fighting with demons to explain the actions of his nephews.
Grich

Sherman Oaks, CA

#5 Apr 25, 2013
They got it all wrong. He was not a bald, red bearded Armenian Muslim Exorcist, but the Santa Clause converted to an Amish Electrician.
Tey

Lawrence, MA

#6 Apr 26, 2013
Not just uncle, but another relative claims the role of that Armenian muslim convert. This has to be investigated.

Strangely, if this is come out to be true it will not be the first time. In the early 1980's Turkish consul was murdered by Armenian terrorist in Boston.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men who don't like football 23 min Adrian P 8
The 1% Should Pay Their Fair Share in Taxes 40 min Go Blue Forever 33
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) 1 hr Wannabe swpa guard 71
Happy Labor Day. Are Unions Dead? 1 hr Chuck 1
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 14 hr SpaceBlues 32,489
Obamacare More Unpopular Than Ever 18 hr Sadie 9
Obama: "no strategy" on Isis. 19 hr Wendall 12
•••
•••
•••