Fla. congressman compares Tea Party t...

Fla. congressman compares Tea Party to Ku Klux Klan

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Smart Liberal

Newark, NJ

#1 Oct 22, 2013
Democratic Rep. Alan Grayson of Florida sent a fundraising pitch equating the Tea Party to the Ku Klux Klan, which includes an image of a burning cross for the letter "T."

The fundraising e-mail plays off an interview Grayson did last week with Al Sharpton on MSNBC after the federal government reopened following a 16-day shutdown. "The Tea Party is no more popular than the Klan," Grayson said in that interview a transcript of which the Florida lawmaker posted on Twitter Monday night, along with link to a donation page.

"Ask yourself this: Who else in American public life today is as honest and as blunt as this? Congressman Alan Grayson deserves your support, like no one else," reads the end of Grayson's message. "He, and only he, is saying the things that you are thinking, and so much need to be said."

Read more: http://www.usatoday.com/story/onpolitics/2013...

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Oct 22, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
Democratic Rep. Alan Grayson of Florida sent a fundraising pitch equating the Tea Party to the Ku Klux Klan, which includes an image of a burning cross for the letter "T."
The fundraising e-mail plays off an interview Grayson did last week with Al Sharpton on MSNBC after the federal government reopened following a 16-day shutdown. "The Tea Party is no more popular than the Klan," Grayson said in that interview a transcript of which the Florida lawmaker posted on Twitter Monday night, along with link to a donation page.
"Ask yourself this: Who else in American public life today is as honest and as blunt as this? Congressman Alan Grayson deserves your support, like no one else," reads the end of Grayson's message. "He, and only he, is saying the things that you are thinking, and so much need to be said."
Read more: http://www.usatoday.com/story/onpolitics/2013...
That idiot has the guts to say that. When the starters of the kkk were members of the demoncrats.
As well as thorough out the years the kkk has existed, many other prominent demoncrats like david duke, Sen. Robert Byrd, Sen Theodore Gilmore Bilbo,
In many ways the kkk was and still is the 'strong' arm of the demoncrat party.
http://www.zianet.com/web/dimterror.htm Ku Klux Klan was a Democrat invention to win by terror what they could not win through politics or war..
http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com/index... History shows that the Ku Klux Klan was the terrorist arm of the Democrat Party.
goose

Lombard, IL

#3 Oct 22, 2013
I think you are a few decades off. While the KKK was populated by Southern Democrats in the 1950's and 1960's, for the last few decades the KKK has drawn almost all its membership from the ranks of Republicans.

So if you want to talk about many decades ago, you are correct.

If you want to talk about recent history, you are completely wrong.
Arch on Larch

Detroit, MI

#4 Oct 22, 2013
Leave her alone - she heard it on Faux News so it must be right in her mind.

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Oct 22, 2013
Arch on Larch wrote:
Leave her alone - she heard it on Faux News so it must be right in her mind.
I dare you to point out where I used Fox News. I did not use them.
Arch on Larch

Detroit, MI

#6 Oct 22, 2013
My kind of girl - brains and beauty.

No wonder Crassas went gaga over her.

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Oct 22, 2013
Black Betty wrote:
<quoted text>Will you be my date to the next rally? Bam a Lam?
Nope.
I'm a married woman. My husband is the only one I will be seen with on a date.
Stabbings dont make news

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Oct 22, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
I dare you to point out where I used Fox News. I did not use them.
You can't have a logical exhange with a libertard. Their last ditch response is "you are a racist".

They say that because if you oppose Obama whom is black you must be a racist. So you can't attack the Obama Admin policy without being called racist. Libs are so phocking ignorant....
Tommy the Gut

Columbus, OH

#14 Oct 24, 2013
cantmakeitatall wrote:
Why give a loser wing nut ANY attention ??
Oh right, drunks-r-u DEMANDS it ???
Thanks for the sauna last night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Devin nunes revelation 2 hr Space ace 6
The Quit Cash Challenge - Quit Smoking and Win ... (Sep '11) Wed Donna rhoda 32
Ellison Topix's Favorite Loser! Tue Davycrockett 2
Depressed space ace finds comfort in fact he is... Tue cowboy chris 2
Trump's ICE Declined Detainer Report Tue cowboy chris 2
Minneapolis warming winters by 5 degrees in 20 ... Tue cowboy chris 3
The tragic story of Minneapolis Mar 20 Phineous 9

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance