Wet road, driver error cited in St. L...

Wet road, driver error cited in St. Louis Park pond crash

There are 4 comments on the Star Tribune story from Dec 3, 2013, titled Wet road, driver error cited in St. Louis Park pond crash. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

Final results of the investigation into the St. Louis Park accident that killed two children probably won't be released for several weeks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

“A Frog's Worst Nightmare”

Since: Oct 13

West Monroe, La

#1 Dec 4, 2013
Hey, Bob, I hate to say it, but I T U S.
DeBilly

New York, NY

#3 Dec 4, 2013
Hey wrote:
The barrier less ramp, no reduced speed, no warning of a curve signs, hidden yield sign, no curbing, etc contributed to the deaths of 2 kids and serious injury of 3 others.
Don't forget this pond has had over a car a year end up in it for the past 5 years.
I'd blame driver error because you can't sue a pond.
Remember every time a vehicle hits a barrier a life might have been saved. Think of all the miles of cable barriers MnDOT has installed in order to prevent accidents.
Why no barrier in front of this KILLER POND?
I agree. But we also need to put road signs up in Spanish, so people can read them.
JamieZ

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Dec 4, 2013
Signs in Spanish??? you have to be kidding...this is THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA & our official language is ENGLISH.
She was driving illegally :-(
And who stuffs 5 kids and 2 adults in a sedan that size?:-( Un restarained no less!:-(
Tragic but oh so preventable!:-(
I use that exit twice a day and have NEVER seen a problem...so lawyers go chase a different ambulance!:-(
DeBilly

New York, NY

#5 Dec 4, 2013
JamieZ wrote:
Signs in Spanish??? you have to be kidding...this is THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA & our official language is ENGLISH.
She was driving illegally :-(
And who stuffs 5 kids and 2 adults in a sedan that size?:-( Un restarained no less!:-(
Tragic but oh so preventable!:-(
I use that exit twice a day and have NEVER seen a problem...so lawyers go chase a different ambulance!:-(
5 kids and 2 adults is nothing. I've seen 30 Mexicans fit comfortably in the back of a pick up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Tue FaIth Breeds Stup... 35,579
Statewide protective agency (Oct '15) Mon Troy 34
News Fmr. Prior Lake Youth Pastor Charged With Havin... Mon Paris Hilton 24
Sick hillary Sun LIbEralS 11
News Ramsey County / Meth dealer's motives in sting ... (Aug '08) Sep 24 Lynnhollenbeck 13
Hillary will lose! "EmailGate" NOT WORTHY TO BE... Sep 24 cantmakeitup 5
Don't vote for Hillary! Sep 24 cantmakeitup 7

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages