Police discover body of missing 4-yea...

Police discover body of missing 4-year-old boy

There are 87 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 10, 2008, titled Police discover body of missing 4-year-old boy. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Police have recovered the body of a 4-year-old boy who disappeared from his Minneapolis home in the company of a family acquaintance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
CLee

United States

#2 Feb 10, 2008
Oh My God. How can someone be so sick as to do this to a Child. May Gods Arms and Angels Wings protect him and help with the Grief his Family is going through.
Rest in Peace Lil' One
Mike

Saint Michael, MN

#3 Feb 10, 2008
They did issue an amber alert. Then, for some reason, they took it back. I'm guessing someone will have to answer to this. The worst part is, why did a 4 year old have to be a victim for whatever was going on between the woman and the family?
He was only a baby

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Feb 10, 2008
Dear God. What do you want to bet that he's been lying dead in that house since Wednesday? TOO many unanswered questions here. Time will tell and the truth will be told.
Joe

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Feb 10, 2008
Very, very sad! My question is; why did it take several days to issue the amber alert in the first place. Based on the news stories, this was a very suspicious "disappearance" from the beginning.
Free sorta

Zimmerman, MN

#7 Feb 10, 2008
What does an Amber Alert have do with the death of this poor child.
I have an idea...how about mourning for the short life and probable awful death of this baby.
How about if we lament the poor choices of his biological parents and the circumstances he was left to in his life.
How about if we do not resort to blaming the state for not applying this "Feel Good" tool every time a parent makes a bad choice.

The state is not responsible, and the phony attempts to blame anything other than his biological parents choices, takes responsibility away from the real culprits...His family.

God rest this childs poor suffering soul.
It Is What It Is

Cottage Grove, MN

#8 Feb 10, 2008
This just breaks me heart; that poor child. He and his family members will be in my prayers.

But this also makes me furious! I heard and read about it earlier in the week, saw the amber alert issued, and then heard and read yesterday it was cancelled.

WHY? I believe I heard local newsreports indicate it was because they didn't have a description of a vehicle, a family acquaintance may have been involved, etc.

Since when does that criteria mean whether or not to issue an Amber Alert? Seriously? I remember others in the past when these pieces of info weren't available.

I winced when I heard it was cancelled, as well as wondered why it wasn't issued immediately to begin with. I hope it's not because of racial biases and because it's been public information this week, we all deserve an explanation without double-speak.

How awful.
Free sorta

Zimmerman, MN

#9 Feb 10, 2008
It Is What It Is

Thank you....Exactly why phony Nanny State policies are a waste. They do not stop bad behavior, and they do not save anyone from someone intent on bad will.

I may find a prayer for this childs family..it will be for them to change. The "Family" should only be mentioned in this story with contempt.

I can see it now...A victim class person is going to come forward and demand Monetary Compensation (that is dollars) from the public because the rest of us didnt stop her and her family from making bad choices.
Racial?..here comes the boogey man...we just didnt care enough about this little boy!!

Do not look within your own culture for an answer to your problems...look outside. As a victim you can find someone other than yourself to blame.
Paying attention

Buffalo, MN

#10 Feb 10, 2008
Kay:

The poor child was staying with relatives so he could visit his father in prison. According to a news story on Friday night, the mother was still in Chicago (continuing to work)
Kacy

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Feb 10, 2008
Let the poor child rest in peace without bringing welfare and politics into it. We don't know all the circumstances, nor are we in a position to judge. I feel so sad for this poor little guy. He didn't deserve it.
Free sorta

Zimmerman, MN

#12 Feb 10, 2008
So let me get this straight. The childs parent(s) and extended family thought it was a good idea to bring this baby to prison to see the guy that impregnated the boys biological mother.

He was in the care of this extended family, but somehow he was able to leave the loving and responsible arms of his loving family and go with somebody who had bad intent or were uncaring toward him (unlike his loving family that was bringing him to prison to see his BabyDaddy).

Where were the Amber Alerts!!!!...It has become almost surreal.
DaBroad

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Feb 10, 2008
Amber alert wouldn't have made a difference - he never went anywhere.
Anon

Maple Grove, MN

#14 Feb 10, 2008
"WHY?"

Try reading the article. It explains about the Amber Alert. There seems to be a misconception that an Amber Alert is somehow magic- it's not. If there's no info to broadcast it can't do any good. What were the authorities supposed to work with? "Missing- young black male" That really narrows it down.
Steve - Cottage Grove

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Feb 10, 2008
DaBroad wrote:
Amber alert wouldn't have made a difference - he never went anywhere.
Exactly. Kare11 is reporting the child's body was found at the same address he was reported missing from (3118 Morgan Ave. N).

What a sad story. I feel terrible for the little guy.
Bach- Sick Of This

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Feb 10, 2008
The media usually turns high-profile child murders into a an event.

Now we'll hear lawyers try to turn the attention to the spineless murderer and how they've been such a tragic victim of life. Aside from the outcome of the trial, the murderers should get no media whatsoever.

Alfonso Rodriguez received as much (if not more) publicity than a rock star during the Dru Sjodin trial. We shouldn’t have to go through the legal gymnastics of what it took to get the (thankfully) terminal Rodriguez sentenced to death for the rape and murder of that poor girl.

The laws need to change for this most hideous of crimes. It’s an outrage and a tragedy.

The victims are the ones who are important and the survivors shouldn’t be forced to live the event over and over again when irrefutable proof is already there.

Once this kind of infection on mankind is forensically convicted of wantonly abducting and killing a child (and authentic insanity has been organically ruled out) they should get an automatic death sentence (by statute) imposed and carried out in 30 days or less.

No appeals, no more wasting of taxpayer money housing these animals, no cow-towing to the religious lobby about what their idea of what "G-d" wants.

If the religious groups are so against capital punishment in these child murder/child sex murder cases, let them use their tax-free collection plate dollars to pay for the lifetime support of the child murderers. Then lets see how generous the church executives and their congregations are.

If the individual citizen disagrees then let them check a voluntary box on their taxes to pay an extra tax towards housing child/pedophile murderers.

----------

We've discovered nothing meaningful over the years about pedophile killers that can do anything to stop them once they decide to act our their anger or fantasy.

If a society is to be truly compassionate and protective, we can’t turn a blind eye to things that cannot be changed.

This isn’t written in anger nor is it a cry for blood lust. Such child murders are cobras running free to prey on our most helpless victims. Putting a cobra in a cage it isn’t going to change the nature of a the snake.

Some people are inherently evil and will never be swayed. Many don’t want to be changed because they like what they do. Once they deliberately kill a child (and commit all the nightmarish acts they do to the child before the child actually dies) they should give up their rights to live in an ordered society and should pay with their life.

We know the death sentence doesn’t deter others; however, we can be positive that once this ilk of animal is dead, they can never harm another child.

Like any cancer that threatens the rest of the host, it needs to be cut out and destroyed.

Albeit disturbing, that’s a reality that I can sleep with. It means less real boogieman that will never, EVER hurt another child.
BIG EARL

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Feb 10, 2008
DANG IT I KNEW IT, THE STORY DIDNT MAKE SENSE, THEY KILLED THIS CHILD, AND NOW PD HAS TO REALLLY BE ON IT OR IT JUST ANOTHER DEATH FOR 2008.
IDONT HAVE TO SAY WHAT KINDA PEOPLE ,CUS U ALL KNO THE WORDS IM USING BUT CANT WRITE...
Jenny

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Feb 10, 2008
My heart goes out to this little boy. However, I wonder why people are blaming the lack of an amber alert and the boy's mother and father. To me, it seems the person at fault is the cold-hearted killer.

I do not know enough about the family to judge but very few, if any, families are without problems and issues. A poor choice by a family member does not excuse the damn killer ... I mean ... please.

It seems like the public is always looking for someone to blame and judge ...
Steve - Cottage Grove

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Feb 10, 2008
Without knowing anything about this case other than what's been released in the news, I'm going to speculate on what happened...

The babysitter (caretakers) of the little boy may have killed him because he was crying too much or misbehaving. They formulated the "kidnapping" to cover their tracks. The Minneapolis cops didn't buy the story, but didn't have enough evidence to rule out a kidnapping at the time. Therefore, the cops released the missing person information while performing their own parallel investigation.
Free sorta

Zimmerman, MN

#20 Feb 10, 2008
Bach- Sick Of This

Dude..dont be doing this to me.
I believe the most despicable act done in my name is for the Government to put to death, anyone...regardless of their offense.

That said...I cannot argue with your logic.
Maybe I need to re think my beliefs.

I do believe in sumary execution, and public corporal punishment, and i believe a victims family should have more say in the punishment a perpetrator recieves. And if my Government is gonna kill in my name..do it in the public square...have some honor.

But those that kill children...I can see a public execution for them. I believe you are right. As humans we all do what we do because of our experiences. Unfortunately, we may become so damaged by our experiences, that we do not deserve to live in this world, we are to much a danger to the innocents.

Thanks dude, not the sorta soul searchin i was lookin for on a Sunday afternoon.
Naomi

United States

#21 Feb 10, 2008
Kay wrote:
Very sad for that little guy, he didn't stand a chance. Who knows where the mother is and the fathers in prison. Just keep handing out those welfare checks so these losers can continue to have kids they don't care about..
It takes a sick person to say something like this while a four year old is dead. If this racist state would have issued an amber alert he would of stood a chance.
pure ignorance
jo mom

Stillwater, MN

#22 Feb 10, 2008
So what? Move on to more worthy searches like, WHERE'S BRUTIS?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 1 hr Mutant-cucumber 690
CNN = Fake News 2 hr Davycrockett 20
Liberals caught planning violence for inauguration 5 hr Space ace 23
Wikileaks: dossier "bogus" 5 hr Space ace 19
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 8 hr Speaking For daOt... 35,847
Flaming Liberal on ACA healthcare 14 hr Merry Moosmas 1
John Lewis is NOT a civil rights hero! He's a c... 14 hr Zephyrus 3

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages