Rank choice voting leaves many still ...

Rank choice voting leaves many still undecided

There are 6 comments on the KARE-TV Minneapolis story from Nov 3, 2013, titled Rank choice voting leaves many still undecided. In it, KARE-TV Minneapolis reports that:

The fight to become Minneapolis mayor could be waged on doorsteps in the final hours.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KARE-TV Minneapolis.

The Authority

Grantsburg, WI

#2 Nov 4, 2013
I must say, that all of the 30 Mayoral Candidates in Minnesota's Preeminent Urban Cesspool, do seem to be yer typical "Rank" Demokrat Pliticians.

Every vote is "Rank"!

("Rank", Slang, adjective)

Unpleasant

The standard adjective (its original meaning was overbearing or excessively strong) has been adopted as an all-purpose vogue term of disapproval by teenagers in the USA and in Britain, where it probably originated in black usage.

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#3 Nov 4, 2013
This will be a lot of fun to watch.

35 candidates.
3 choices per voter.
Anticipated turnout of 50%.
Over 6,800,000 potential ballot variations.

Rumor has it that the legal teams are already lined up for Jackie Cherryhomes and Mark Andrew in order to file lawsuits to contest the election.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#4 Nov 4, 2013
IrishMN wrote:
This will be a lot of fun to watch.
35 candidates.
3 choices per voter.
Anticipated turnout of 50%.
Over 6,800,000 potential ballot variations.
Rumor has it that the legal teams are already lined up for Jackie Cherryhomes and Mark Andrew in order to file lawsuits to contest the election.
irish! what the hell? i thought yo had left...

being one of the last intelligent commentors on this page, i pretty much stopped posting when you left, as there was no point anymore with all mindless idiots .

glad to see you are back. i just drop in in the winter when i'm bored...

hope all is well with the family and such...

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#6 Nov 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>irish! what the hell? i thought yo had left...
being one of the last intelligent commentors on this page, i pretty much stopped posting when you left, as there was no point anymore with all mindless idiots .
glad to see you are back. i just drop in in the winter when i'm bored...
hope all is well with the family and such...
Hello my friend, thanks for the kind words. Everything is good. Nice of you to ask. Hopefully all is well with you and yours. Still up in Grand Marais?

Thanks to Gov GoogleyEyes and his merry band of bandits, I have finally made the decision to spend enough time outside of MN to no longer be a MN resident. There are lots of places in this great nation that do not have the punitive mindset the Democrats in Minnesota have for those that actually pay taxes in this state.

Plus, warmer weather most of the year is not a bad thing.

I do hope our paths cross again. You are a worthy adversary. One of the few that can put together a cogent thought and a complete sentence.

Take care...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#7 Nov 4, 2013
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello my friend, thanks for the kind words. Everything is good. Nice of you to ask. Hopefully all is well with you and yours. Still up in Grand Marais?
Thanks to Gov GoogleyEyes and his merry band of bandits, I have finally made the decision to spend enough time outside of MN to no longer be a MN resident. There are lots of places in this great nation that do not have the punitive mindset the Democrats in Minnesota have for those that actually pay taxes in this state.
Plus, warmer weather most of the year is not a bad thing.
I do hope our paths cross again. You are a worthy adversary. One of the few that can put together a cogent thought and a complete sentence.
Take care...
just closing up the southern homestead and getting ready to head north for the winter...

hope you enjoy your time in the sun. i just helped my folks get their winter house in AZ ready...got to play some golf in the late october sun.

i do get the going south for winter thing, but i still like my winters in the woods!

take care!
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Nov 4, 2013
It will be interesting to see what the voter turnout is. Instant-runoff voting was supposed to increase interest and increase voter turnout in elections. I do not believe those claims. I will predict less than 30% of eligible voters in Minneapolis will actually vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Confirmed: trump was wiretapped 1 hr Hillary Blames ot... 4
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... 1 hr EdmondWA 63
cowards! 4 hr Cat Fan 9
Maggies Move to Minnesota 7 hr Irish 6
Who's Your Favorite Actress? 7 hr Irish 3
Irish: I'm Back 7 hr Irish 2
Racism: Tips & Tools for White People 7 hr Irish 11

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages