Happy Labor Day. Are Unions Dead?

Happy Labor Day. Are Unions Dead?

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Chuck

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Sep 1, 2014
Yes. And good riddance.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Sep 1, 2014
Chuck wrote:
Yes. And good riddance.
Unfortunately many are still around. In fact home health workers recently voted to be a part of a union.
.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/union-wins-ele... The Service Employees International Union scored a victory Tuesday as home health-care workers in Minnesota voted to be represented by the labor group, even as it faces a legal challenge from opponents who say the 27,000 workers involved shouldn't be forced to join a union.
cowboy chris

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Sep 1, 2014
I have no problem with private unions, but public unions should be a thing of the past. This new baby-sitters union is an outrage. They are already getting $12 an hour for unskilled labor, mostly paid by the taxpayers, who are the ones who should have gotten to vote.
UncleSi

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Sep 1, 2014
cowboy chris wrote:
I have no problem with private unions, but public unions should be a thing of the past. This new baby-sitters union is an outrage. They are already getting $12 an hour for unskilled labor, mostly paid by the taxpayers, who are the ones who should have gotten to vote.
Oh look, some welfare sucking troll voted your comment down! Here's an idea, if you can't afford your own child care don't have kids!
Funny how the government pays over market price for everything. LOL

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#5 Sep 2, 2014
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately many are still around. In fact home health workers recently voted to be a part of a union.
.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/union-wins-ele... The Service Employees International Union scored a victory Tuesday as home health-care workers in Minnesota voted to be represented by the labor group, even as it faces a legal challenge from opponents who say the 27,000 workers involved shouldn't be forced to join a union.
Agree! No one should be forced to join a union or to pay union dues even though they are not members or receive no benefits from said union. Unions will soon die if they don't change their greedy ways. So many union laborers are on the brink of being replaced by machines. WHen that happens, only the lawyers and union mob bosses will profit.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Sep 2, 2014
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree! No one should be forced to join a union or to pay union dues even though they are not members or receive no benefits from said union. Unions will soon die if they don't change their greedy ways. So many union laborers are on the brink of being replaced by machines. WHen that happens, only the lawyers and union mob bosses will profit.
In many ways the unions are getting as bad as the families of the syndicates. When something becomes mandatory to pay for, then the person is working for two or more bosses.
.
They were a great idea at first. But then the unions stopped in many ways for looking out for the lil person aka worker. And started to worry more about their own pockets. That is when they started to enforce syndicate rule about mandatory payment aka 'protection' money.
Einer Gulbransen

Green Bay, WI

#7 Sep 2, 2014
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately many are still around. In fact home health workers recently voted to be a part of a union.
.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/union-wins-ele... The Service Employees International Union scored a victory Tuesday as home health-care workers in Minnesota voted to be represented by the labor group, even as it faces a legal challenge from opponents who say the 27,000 workers involved shouldn't be forced to join a union.
That's important. It won't be long before a union worker is wiping your backside. Maybe you can get Slew to do it.
http://www.nursinghomepatientrights.com/minne...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Megyn Kelly's mysterious Olympics benching by N... 1 hr Me Too 7
MeToo 1 hr MeTooSlew 1
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr Into The Night 37,736
Liberals crying over trump comments again 9 hr FBI Dirty - Trump... 37
Woodward and Bernstein? 18 hr Watergate 2
Libs behind Hawaii fake alert 23 hr FBI Dirty - Trump... 11
Obama tries to suck up to Prince Harry Mon Seattle Slew 70

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages