George Soros Reports 7.9% Passive Stake in J.C. Penney

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Capt Crunch

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Apr 25, 2013
Source: Bloomberg News

J.C. Penney Co.(JCP) rose in extended trading after billionaire investor George Soros disclosed a passive stake in the retailer.

Soros Fund Managementís stake is equal to 7.9 percent of J.C. Penney, according to a filing today. The investment makes him the fourth-largest holder based on equity stakes, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

J.C. Penney is trying to rebound from a 25 percent drop in sales and a net loss of $985 million last year under the leadership of Ron Johnson, who was replaced as chief executive officer by Myron Ullman earlier this month. Ullman, who left the CEO role in 2011 for Johnson, has already tapped the companyís credit line and is seeking to raise more cash.

J.C. Penney rose 6.2 percent to $16.19 at 4:16 p.m. in New York.

Read more: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-25/geor...

Uh oh. Where will right wingers buy their clothes now??? But the last time JC Penney annoyed the nuts (with the father's day ad with the two gay dads) did NOT cause much damage to the company profits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eye Tunes 2 hr space ace 2
Hillary Camp Threatens Journalists 3 hr TAAM 4
What sucks about the affordable care act? (Oct '13) 3 hr TAAM 21
After co-pilot's deliberate act, families ask why? 10 hr Crassus 11
The United States is Pathetic 10 hr Crassus 42
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 11 hr Billionaire Dayton 329
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 11 hr Earthling-1 34,110
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]