Malfunctioning website vs. malfunctio...

Malfunctioning website vs. malfunctioning political party

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

IrishMN

Ireland

#1 Oct 24, 2013
... In the grand scheme of things, a malfunctioning Web site is more understandable and less consequential than a malfunctioning political party.

... The Republican Partyís conduct during this period in the countryís history will get the same sober, thorough judgment from history as the health care law, and that judgment is not likely to be kind.

History will record that this is the moment that the party camped out in its own graveyard, hastening the demise of its national viability; that it gave up on America, while constantly reminiscing about America as it once was; that its thought leaders were replaced by crusade leaders and the Grand Old Party saw its grandeur subside; that it came to realize that it couldnít forever be the party of intransigence in a nation of progress, without being burned by the friction inherent in those two warring concepts.

... The Republican Party isnít going away, but it is going down, and it seems unable and unwilling to stop the sinking.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/24/opinion/blo...
Arch on Larch

Detroit, MI

#2 Oct 24, 2013
I like THIS IrishMN better than the green one. This one makes sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bye bye Betsy...Bye bye Betsy 6 hr Bad COP No dognut 16
News Warrant: Woman 'slapped' squad car before polic... 7 hr Bad COP No dognut 2
Liberals are trying to destroy america 9 hr Bad COP No dognut 66
Trump Derangement Syndrome TDS 9 hr Space ace 37
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 13 hr John 37,131
Somalian Refugees 15 hr cowboy chris 2
Somali brutaliy beats Woman 16 hr Bubba 89

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages