Should Circus Animals Be Banned?

Full story: KARE Minneapolis

Today, the Minneapolis City Council is set to decide whether to ban wild animals from circuses in town.
Comments
161 - 177 of 177 Comments Last updated Jan 9, 2013
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Manny From Mpls

Minneapolis, MN

#209 Apr 11, 2010
Icouldusesomehel p wrote:
<quoted text>
OUTSTANDING IDEA!
They could balance balls on their giant red boozy noses...
Include illegal Mexicans and bike riders, too.:)
pa kettle

United States

#211 Apr 12, 2010
In the bedroom? Yes!!
Officer Fife

Minneapolis, MN

#212 Apr 13, 2010
I could use a sheep.
Mar

Cyprus

#213 Apr 17, 2010
i think that animals going to the circus should be banned because they have a right to be free and do what they want with their life just like humans that is why animals are always trying to escape espaecially elephants because the bigger the animal the meaner they are to it. (they also show this in cartoons that all the animals are tryin to escape)
Mar

Cyprus

#214 Apr 22, 2010
Thank u all soooo much 4 helping me with my P.S.H.E homework!!:):D i had to make a speech about a subject and teacher gave us options and i picked Should we ban the keeping of animals in circuses? and i say we should!!!!!!:):D
Amealia

New Zealand

#216 Jun 13, 2010
Some people are insane when they say its all alright and circus animals arent being treated badly, because reality is they ARE. Im sure im not the only one when I say circus animals should be banned. We have acrobats, jugglers, clowns, tighrope walkers etc. We dont need to harm these poor creatures just for our entertainment. These animals have only a short life in the circus life as they are harmed a lot. Why wreck their life and fill it with pain and misery. They are trained, whipped and zapped. I feel extremely sorry for them and I want to tell the government to wake up. Ban animals in circuses. It is CRUELTY.
luis

Englewood, CO

#217 Jun 21, 2010
hi pll
tanisha

Australia

#218 Jul 19, 2010
: isnít a zoo like a circus Ö. Some awesome lion shows, holding snakes, tiger shows or isnít a circus like sea world dolphin shows, seal shows... We don't ban the zoo from containing animals or sea world for the dolphins. yet we want to ban animals from the circus

please dont ban the animals from the circus
goldie77

Saint Paul, MN

#219 Jul 23, 2010
I think they should ban circuses that allow performers to perform without a safety net... I've said it before & I'll say it a thousand times: what they do is amazing even if it's not life threatening! No kid or person should ever have to be exposed to seeing someone fall to their death for the sake of entertainment!!! Vote on mine instead!!! Save the people!!! Who's with me?!=D
lavraj singh

Delhi, India

#220 Oct 4, 2010
i think animals shold be banned in circus because every animal wants to live in a free and more space.it is cruel that the use of animals in circus and another entertainment programes because there animals torcher physicaly to trend them.
jessica pittman

Wauchula, FL

#221 Oct 5, 2010
fact animals werent put on this earth for our entertainment they were here be for us so mabe we were put here for there entertainment. who knos i think this whole thing is stupid animals are fun loveing careing creatures just like some humans are but who puts hate into them humans
monkey lover

Baltimore, MD

#222 Feb 24, 2011
u should ban animals from the cicus bacuase whould u like to BE TIED UP AND PUT IN A CAGE TO SLEEP no i dont think so oh if u think u would enjoy that uve gone NUTS
HaCkEr X

Winsford, UK

#223 May 24, 2011
My friend Cameron lives in a Dung beetle zoo!
Rafael Williamson

Richmond, Australia

#224 May 30, 2012
Nancy Welch wrote:
All of those liberal atheists who try to teach our children we grew from muck and monkeys are the same ones behind this ridiculous law. The lord God gave us these creatures do with what we want and what I want is to bring my child to see these animals perform at a family friendly circus. If Joseph and Mary were around with the little baby Jesus they would most certainly be in the front row enjoying the show with me. Elephants are vile beasts that wouldn't hesitate to kill every one of us if they had the chance. I feel much safer knowing they are chained and highly trained. I am going to write a letter of praise to my councilman and I suggest you do as well. May god bless us all.
You're a religious tool. If it's god's will for animals to be mistreated and controlled by humans then why are many of them naturally stronger than us. It's people like you who make me want to be Atheist. You treat your interpretation of religion like it's the only true thing in the world. When if you thought about it for a second you'd realize that the Bible was written by humans. You're the kind of person who would condone someone just for being gay and maybe even drive them to suicide.

I'm all for animals being in circuses but only because in some cases they're treated well. You're a pathetic, cowardly person who would wish misery on others just so they can feel safer.

You make me sick.
Ayushi Sinha

Lucknow, India

#225 Jan 9, 2013
Sometimes it is good just for r entertainment bt not always trobling animals is right.so i thing it should be banned.
Consistent

Minneapolis, MN

#226 Jan 9, 2013
BaaahayahahayahhahaaaaahOuchno tthebuttuncle daddyaaaaahhahaha!
Amused SLew

Seattle, WA

#228 Jan 9, 2013
When you're happy--I will know you finally got laid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama: "no strategy" on Isis. 30 min goose 2
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Advertisment 26,226
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr SpaceBlues 32,474
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 3 hr Einer Joe Hansen ... 63
Cambridge Mace's Lane Middle School Teacher on ... 3 hr cantmakeitup 17
DHS considering new security measures to interc... 3 hr cantmakeitup 3
ISIS eyes Mexican border, says bulletin 4 hr Capt Crunch 4
Dem senator claims male colleague told her: Don... 4 hr Einer Joe Hansen ... 27
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000