Should Circus Animals Be Banned?

Should Circus Animals Be Banned?

There are 177 comments on the KARE Minneapolis story from Sep 21, 2007, titled Should Circus Animals Be Banned?. In it, KARE Minneapolis reports that:

Today, the Minneapolis City Council is set to decide whether to ban wild animals from circuses in town.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KARE Minneapolis.

nocircus

New York, NY

#185 Apr 20, 2009
Nancy Welch wrote:
All of those liberal atheists who try to teach our children we grew from muck and monkeys are the same ones behind this ridiculous law. The lord God gave us these creatures do with what we want and what I want is to bring my child to see these animals perform at a family friendly circus. If Joseph and Mary were around with the little baby Jesus they would most certainly be in the front row enjoying the show with me. Elephants are vile beasts that wouldn't hesitate to kill every one of us if they had the chance. I feel much safer knowing they are chained and highly trained. I am going to write a letter of praise to my councilman and I suggest you do as well. May god bless us all.

Nancy Welch, you are a sick and ignorant bitch. Your lord God preaches compassion and empathy for creatures who don't share our common understanding, and it is our job to CARE for and take RESPONSIBILITY for them, not to use them for our own entertainment. Joseph and Mary would sure as hell not take their little baby Jesus to one of these sick excuses of entertainment, and you scorn the entire basis of religion when you make a dumb and uneducated remark like that. I suggest you do one of two options; acquire some decent education, and learn to understand that yes, animals to have feelings, and are living and breathing creatures, or keep your fucking ill-bred and idiotic mouth shut. Sick bitch.
nocircus

New York, NY

#186 Apr 20, 2009
I forgot to mention, by the way, I feel bad for your children if they're being raised by a compassionless imbecile like you.
Bree

Tarneit, Australia

#187 Apr 23, 2009
I'm doing an english project based on wether or not animals should be banned from circuses and i think that they should. I own lots of animals as i live on a dairy farm. I have 3 horses, 3 dogs a cat a rabbit and lots of cows, calfs and bulls. I treat all my animals with the respect that they deserve and they respect me and treat me the same. All animals don't want to be hit, whacked, cut,whipped ect for show/circus reasons. I think they shouldn't have to be in those situations and should be set free. It's like stanardbred horses. I own one and the race trainers as soon as they think they aren't good enough for the track they cut them up for meat. It's disgusting and cruel. Luckily mine i brought off the trainer before that happened and it nearly did. All animals in circuses should be set free and given a better lease on live.
thalia

Orlando, FL

#188 Apr 29, 2009
yes animals shhould be banned cause just like people animals need their personal space and i dont think it's right how they have bad days and still have to put a show on tp please other people
Dahir Mumin

Minneapolis, MN

#189 Apr 29, 2009
In my native land of Ethiopia, we see animals living in their natural habitat. They are hungery, disease ridden, injured, murderous, and mangy. It is not at all like a Disney movie where animals talk and have a wonderful life. The animals I see in zoos i.e. Addis Ababa Zoo are well treated, well medicated, and live a very comfortable life. Circus animals should be treated as well as zoo animals. If the circus cannot maintain their animals, then they should not be able to display them, making it more lucritive for circuses that do care for their animals appropriately.
fdgvfdv

Auckland, New Zealand

#190 May 4, 2009
there is no reason 2 sware
jake cameron

Los Angeles, CA

#191 May 20, 2009
me and my partneer could not agree more with you peps. They are mistreated and need a real life. THIS MATTER IS INHUMANE
tek

Norwalk, CA

#192 Jul 22, 2009
most of us agree that the circuses should be banned because of it's cruel & inhuman acts that are brought upon these animals.If you want entertainment for your children take them to the zoo where they actually care for the animals not just trying to make a quick buck....
IDK

Bellflower, CA

#194 Aug 1, 2009
yes i defeintely think that circus animals should be ban they were meant to be free and run wild in the jungle empasize the word WILD not be locked up in chains abused with bullhooks and kept in small cages for our entertainment the circus can still have a GREAT show without animal acts most countries today are banning the use of animals in circuses as we speak and the US should do the same thing and some people want to talk about "tradition" yeah the "tradition" of beating these poor creatures into submission to perform these treats that they do these treats dont come naturally BAN THE CIRCUS its 2009 people we have other forms of entertainment now and these old fashioned conseravative republicans need to get with the times THE CHANGE IS COMING ITS INEVITABLE
vivek

Indore, India

#195 Sep 9, 2009
yes animals should be banned in the circus because as human beings they also have only one life and we should not keep them in cages and let them live their lifes they also have some rights
Binky-357

New Prague, MN

#196 Sep 9, 2009
They should only be banned in my fast food, unless McDonalds is willing to disclose exactly how much tiger and elephant meat is in my kids happy meal.

Mmmmmmmm... elephant meat...
Shannon

Mudgeeraba, Australia

#197 Oct 18, 2009
As a child i believe animals SHOULD stay in the circus as they are the magical part of the circus. I'm so passionate that i am doing a persuasive writting task on this, however i cannot find any evidence
jeaide

Saint Paul, MN

#198 Oct 18, 2009
You are a lunatic
Nancy Welch wrote:
All of those liberal atheists who try to teach our children we grew from muck and monkeys are the same ones behind this ridiculous law. The lord God gave us these creatures do with what we want and what I want is to bring my child to see these animals perform at a family friendly circus. If Joseph and Mary were around with the little baby Jesus they would most certainly be in the front row enjoying the show with me. Elephants are vile beasts that wouldn't hesitate to kill every one of us if they had the chance. I feel much safer knowing they are chained and highly trained. I am going to write a letter of praise to my councilman and I suggest you do as well. May god bless us all.
juls

Warminster, PA

#199 Oct 28, 2009
that is sooo mean animals shuld be banned
Only Me

Alameda, CA

#201 Dec 16, 2009
Nancy Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
Nancy Welch wrote:
And I would feel much safer knowing people like this were behind bars or in padded rooms.
jesse

Markham, Canada

#202 Jan 19, 2010
YES! animals should be banned from circuses! useing animals for entertainment is cruel! Do you have any idea whats going on behind the curtains?! There is no humane way to train a wild animal! Do you think by waving a fruitloop in front of an animal will make it ride a unicycle, tight rope, balance on a ball and walk on its back legs? of course not! abuse is obviously used!!!!
Shanna

Derry, UK

#203 Feb 11, 2010
I think animals shoudn't be allowed in circuses, eating the poor things is one thing, but to torture and abuse them for peoples entertainment is just SICK !!
Get the animals out of circuses and make them illegal !
Sidney

Wyncote, PA

#204 Mar 8, 2010
Well think about this...
Imagine, youíre forced out on to a stage with hundreds of people staring at you. Then your force them to these confusing and physically uncomfortable tricks, while this person keeps using whips, electric prods, for you to do this. You think this is harsh? This is a regular day for animals in the circus. When the elephants were brought behind the curtain, the trainer began verbally abusing and hitting the elephant. You would be in horror as he swung a stick with all his force and struck you in the back of the leg. Didnít that hurt!?
This is a prime example of why you should want animals to be band from the circus. Maybe you think they should they should have stricter rules maybe...? Well currently most circus dont have any rules saying that you canít hit an Animal because it there property i personal that is just an excuses to justify what they do. As humans, we all have good days and bad days. I had a horse, and he had bad days as well. Some days he just doesn't want to be ridden, and I have to respect him enough to allow him to have that bad day. When these circus animals have bad days and don't want to cooperate, are the trainers leaving them alone or are they pushing them because they have a show to put on? Animals should be cared for based on the needs of the animals, not on the needs of the show schedule or the financial gain of the human. And think about this arenít we just using this animals for our own selfish means of entertainment? Animals arenít put on the earth for us to use as tools.
teah

Westminster, CA

#205 Apr 11, 2010
animals shoould be ban becaause they are being mistreated
Manny From Mpls

Minneapolis, MN

#207 Apr 11, 2010
Get rid of all circuses. Dress up the homeless and bums instead, like elephants and monkeys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charges: St. Paul Teacher Touched Student Inapp... 2 min Hello 8
Sick freak bruce jenner 40 min space ace 4
rand paul raising hell! 5 hr space ace 10
communists will be purged! 5 hr space ace 3
Black people almost 9 times more likely to be a... 5 hr FOVR 11
george soros paying trolls 5 hr space ace 3
Black St. Paul Teacher Claims Retaliation for C... 6 hr Little Boy Blue 36
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE