Should Circus Animals Be Banned?

Sep 21, 2007 Read more: KARE Minneapolis 177
Today, the Minneapolis City Council is set to decide whether to ban wild animals from circuses in town. Read more
EasyMark_ MPLS

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Sep 21, 2007
-- PLEASE take note! I have an unlisted unpublished phone number. I never got calls, but signed up for the "do not call list" anyway as soon as I did that every charity began to call. Now it the list expires it appears I just gave tem all my unlisted number, I have had this same number since 1984. so If you do not get calls now do not add your name to that list.
Oh, and if you happen to donate once.... they call again and again
Chris

AOL

#23 Sep 21, 2007
I went to the circus when I was a kid. I think that banning the animals from the circus is denying future generations to enjoy the same show that we did when we were kids.
Glen St Louis Park

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Sep 21, 2007
Doug wrote:
YOU have got to be kidding! This is political correctness gone way to far. glad I don't live in Liberapolis any more. My God don't the council members have better things to do than consider ideas from a bunch of kooks. Plus the circus brings revenue to the city. I am sure the circus takes real good care of their revenue sources.
I couldnt agree more. these are not even animals really. they were born and bred for the circus and are the circuses propety, who gives a darn if the aren't treated to your standards or if a trainer has to hit them a little to train them. thats how you train things and we should be glad that they do because kids love it and thats what circuses are all about. go back to your doobies and rap music liberals and let the grown ups make the important decisions.
Mary J

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Sep 21, 2007
If they listen to PETA or whatever organisation is behind this my three children will be heartbroken. If nobody is willing to use common sense can we at least think of the children? This is what we've come to? Childrens happiness is less important than a big, dumb creature? That is ludicrous. My kids deserve to see these animals perform just as I was able to when I was young. Frankly I could care less if they abuse the animals my kids are worth it and so are yours.
yogibehr

Farmington, MN

#27 Sep 21, 2007
who are the morons that are trying to stop this?????????? when was the last person that got sick?????????? how many circus shows go on in the world???? it's quite obviuos that some people have nothing better to do than spoil other peoples fun
Gay Bunch-Hulse

AOL

#28 Sep 21, 2007
Glenda wrote:
I am sure in this day and age the circus is not going to harm animals. It will be sad to see this happen and hope the council does not go forward with banning the circus. This is one of the great shows for children to enjoy.
" in this day and age" The killing of the animal trainer in Honolulu took place in 1994. The elephant had a history of being beaten repeatly. Furthermore,the elephant killed the trainer during a show in front of hundreds of children. He then charged toward the spectators with floor seats. They escaped by passing their children to others in the seats above. THe elephant then left the indoor arena and went out into the streets of Honolulu. He was finally shot by a Honolulu Police Officer. Had the elephant not been killed others in the crowded street would surely have been injured.
Animal Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#29 Sep 21, 2007
Circus Animals should not exist.Circus' animal trainers are losers.Ever notice the strict facial expressions on the trainers?I never look at animals that way.People know better.But many of us deny the truth and move along just to see a silly Circus.What a waste of time.The children have no idea.Peoeple that take children to these silly Cirsus shows,never tell the children how the animals are trained.Look into the animals' eyes to,you can see the terror.Cage-Show-Terror... that is an animals life in the Silly Circus Shows.Circus Animal Trainers I know you don't know any better....get a Job!
Fred Flinstone

United States

#30 Sep 21, 2007
Awe, come on now. Next your going to tell me that it's not natural for a tiger to jump through a ring of fire, sit up pretty and roll over? How about a bear to balance on an oversized beach ball, like that doesn't happen in the woods? Well, then don't tell me that you can't ride a zebra !
Big Bear

Buffalo, MN

#31 Sep 22, 2007
I think the Minneapolis City Council was correct in placing more oversite on animal care and treatment ratherthen banning them from being a part of the circus. mistreatment has probably happened but by certain individules, not specific groups. besides, whats a circus without lions & tigers,elephants and horses.
littlmissmoppt

Litchfield, MN

#33 Sep 22, 2007
I have a great question for you all. I have tried to go onto the blog section for dianna and it wont let me. How can I get through to see what is on your page. It says that your(dianna) page can not be displayed at this time. I have tried several times. I finally gave up.
littlmissmoppt

Litchfield, MN

#34 Sep 22, 2007
I agree that the circus should not take away the animals. What crazy person would not come to see it then?
littlmissmoppt

Litchfield, MN

#35 Sep 22, 2007
I have a question for the body and soul page. I have been eating healthy and I walk a lot with my little dog. I am trying to lose weight so I can fit back into some nice jeans and other pant outfits. I have gone from a size 9 to a size12 in 3 weeks. How can I get back into shape and get mysself fit again? I have gone from 115 pounds to 145 in the 3 weeks. PLEASE HELP me I am very flustered about going up instead of down!!!!!!!!!! ANY TIPS?
tina

Glendale, AZ

#37 Sep 22, 2007
Is training an animal to do something it would not do naturally bad? I think it depends on the methods used in training the animal.
remenem

UK

#38 Sep 24, 2007
its cruel and nasty
lindsay

Saint Paul, MN

#40 Oct 1, 2007
i am a true animal lover at heart and the thought that people would PAY to see a circus is beyond me. animals are abused in the training process, kept in tiny cages and chained when not in a cage. what kind of a life is that for a WILD animal? and if it is all about child enjoyment, then get your kid off their rear end and take them outside to play. kids need to learn that animals are not to be treated cruely, maybe then we would have less animal abuse in domestic animals like dogs and cats.
Annie

Leeds, UK

#41 Oct 2, 2007
i think the circus would be good if they treat the anilmals with care , if they do not then the circus should be banned and the animals should be set free to lead there own life... we lead ours by our self why carnt they lead theres by them selves with no one getting in there way?
Diva

Roseau, MN

#43 Oct 3, 2007
Glenda wrote:
I am sure in this day and age the circus is not going to harm animals. It will be sad to see this happen and hope the council does not go forward with banning the circus. This is one of the great shows for children to enjoy.
Glenda,
Wake up to reality! In this day and age?!?!? Where have you been? This is the worst.....Children don't get it that the treatment is so bad for animals used to entertain them...Teach your kids some ethical treatment. You really don't believe those animals "just learn" how to do those tricks for a biscuit do you? Come on!
Diva

Roseau, MN

#44 Oct 3, 2007
remenem wrote:
its cruel and nasty
Agree! They need to ban the circus acts! Animals are to be free and live their lives..not with a chain around their ankles and pokers prodding them and thier eyes jabbed to perform tricks for a biscuit.
cassie

UK

#45 Oct 4, 2007
these animals can still feel! so why shoud we be in control? it hurts them and thats just animal crulety :(
animal lover

Narre Warren, Australia

#46 Oct 4, 2007
Jessie said he wants to shoot a tiger don't you know that tigers are endangered we've already lost some species of them because of moronic hunters LEAVE TIGERS ALONE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago 4 min Not so 5
News Woman Shot By Robbinsdale Officer Charged With ... 5 min Go Blue Forever 26
Every year since 2002, Minnesota has been losin... 3 hr Not so 10
NHL playoffs!!! 8 hr Muttin 13
America Deserves Hillary Clinton 14 hr FOVR 15
Scott Pelley 19 hr FOVR 11
America doesn't need Hillary Clinton!!!! 22 hr pic pine treez 1
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]