Former KARE weather guy Ken Barlow co...

Former KARE weather guy Ken Barlow coming back ... to Channel 5

There are 64 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 12, 2011, titled Former KARE weather guy Ken Barlow coming back ... to Channel 5. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Former KARE meteorologist Ken Barlow coming back to the Twin Cities - but not to Channel 11.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

dave

Minneapolis, MN

#26 May 12, 2011
Nice wrote:
Why was he let go?
he was caught sending hate mail to belinda!
fashant

Jordan, MN

#27 May 12, 2011
Great, I've always liked him, very down to earth and he also knows Minnesota extremely well. Welcome back Ken!!!!

Since: Dec 10

Stillwater, MN

#28 May 12, 2011
KSTP IS THE BEST. Joe for sports is okay now only. He is getting old and his jokes are lame. Rosen is still the SPORTS KING in Minnesota.
Dennis Feltgen

Saint Paul, MN

#29 May 12, 2011
Oh goody, another lispy, metrosexual meteorologist!
Ted

United States

#30 May 12, 2011
Not Chikage Windler! I'm still getting over the loss of Jo Bender.
driscoll

Eden Prairie, MN

#31 May 12, 2011
Chikagie was unwatchable. This is a huge improvement
bud kraehling

Mankato, MN

#32 May 12, 2011
Dave Dahl needed someone to see the rotations in the clouds and hook echoes before the national weather service reports it during the next storm.
THE TRUTH HURTS

Burnsville, MN

#33 May 12, 2011
Barlow must be desparate for a job if he's going to work for the Hubbards.

That place has been a revolving door of employees getting out.
Jim Guy

Minneapolis, MN

#35 May 12, 2011
Nice wrote:
Why was he let go?
Because I wanted that job!
Marcia Fleurdelis

Minneapolis, MN

#36 May 12, 2011
pss wrote:
This is probably the reason he was let go in Boston - getting too old looking.
<quoted text>
And your point is?
Barry Zevan

Cottage Grove, MN

#37 May 12, 2011
You know, these pretty boys certainly aren't entertaining, and they can't hit the forecast any better than I ever could.
Cheeto

Minneapolis, MN

#38 May 12, 2011
dang. he look olllllld.
mel jazz

Saint Paul, MN

#39 May 12, 2011
You have a good job now.
Dave

Saint Paul, MN

#40 May 12, 2011
I am so glad that Chikage is gone! When she came on to do the weather, I turned the channel. Welcome back Ken.
Huh

Saint Paul, MN

#41 May 12, 2011
He kinda looks like Robert Downy Jr. Needs a moostache though. He seems like a nice guy.

Hey, good luck, Ken. Knock it outa the park.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#42 May 12, 2011
thank god wrote:
<quoted text>
she was the most annoying person on tv- may I'll start watching channel 5 again
I have to agree,a caffiene issue,I think.Although she's easier to look at,than Doofus Dave,even with her silly posturing!
Bel

Saint Paul, MN

#43 May 12, 2011
Ken looks great. He'll appeal to the baby boomers. Maybe Paul Majors will come back too.
Not Too Far Off

Minneapolis, MN

#44 May 12, 2011
MOM of 3 wrote:
So disappointed that KSTP let Chikage leave. I'm sure if she were a man and wanted an adjustment to her hours KSTP would have made it work. Dave Dahl has a HUGE ego and wouldn't let someone as articulate and beautiful as Chikage steal any of his thunder.
I know they loved having her as sub on Good Morning America and national exposure usually result in promotions since this is a second-tier news market. KSTP is notorious for not recognizing or developing its talent. That award winning morning team on WCCO (Davis & Binkley) is evidence of this.
Historical Anomoly

Watertown, MN

#45 May 13, 2011
Ken wasn't gay enough for Boston. He refused to marry his partner on the local tv station. The gays in Minnesota look forward to constructively criticizing Ken's runny makeup during summer thunderstorms.
Roy Finden

Saint Paul, MN

#46 May 13, 2011
Not Too Far Off wrote:
<quoted text>
I know they loved having her as sub on Good Morning America and national exposure usually result in promotions since this is a second-tier news market. KSTP is notorious for not recognizing or developing its talent. That award winning morning team on WCCO (Davis & Binkley) is evidence of this.
So she goes from the 15th market to the 27th? More likely she left because she didn't want double-shifts anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Purple Faith: Prince's Life as a Jehovah's Witness 2 hr Shell from WI 854
Tara Ketola 3 hr Ppbw4 1
Somalians 6 hr UncleSam 32
our hero donald trump 7 hr space ace 5
Vicente Fox Caves, Kneels at Trumps Feet 7 hr space ace 4
fema camps ready 8 hr Another Black kil... 6
White waitress refused tip by 'Rhodes Must Fall' 12 hr DSM Local 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages