The bill is titled the “Safe and Supportive Minnesota Schools Act”(House File # 826 and Senate File # 783). It is also known as the anti-bullying bill. Now this sounds like a nice bill, but it’s anything but that!
This bill seeks to impose state mandated political/social diversity training on public and private, religious school children across Minnesota regarding “sexual orientation” and “gender identity and expression.” There is an agenda with this legislation!
We are attaching an ALERT TO PRIVATE CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS. We invite you to take action, please tell your legislators to oppose this bill!! There is a link included in the “Alert” so you as parents can easily find your legislators, get their contact information and either call, email or mail a letter in opposition to this legislation!
When contacting your state representative and senator, be sure to ask them to oppose this legislation, then include some facts (found on the “Alert”) and feel free to share your opinion as well.
ALERT TO PRIVATE CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS!
Call your state senator and representative and urge them to oppose the “Safe and Supportive Minnesota Schools Act” bill (S.F. No. 783/H.F. No. 826) which seeks to impose state mandated political/social diversity training on public and private, religious school children across Minnesota regarding “sexual orientation” and “gender identity and expression.”
• Uses the power of the state to indoctrinate school-age children regarding family structure and sexuality.
• Would require all schools to report bullying data—by “protected class”—to the Minnesota Department of Education.
• Contains vague and subjective language that will label more children as bullies.
• Favors certain protected classes such as “sexual orientation” and “gender identity and expression”(boys and girls who want to dress or behave as the opposite sex).
• Opens the floodgates to K-12 homosexual endorsement programs.
• Gives State endorsement and support to homosexual clubs.(GSAs)
In short, this bill represents a gross intrusion on parental autonomy and religious freedom in both public and private schools. And, will create an administrative nightmare for school officials, and impose burdensome and confusing legal responsibilities on teachers, school staff, and volunteers.
WE INVITE YOU TO CONTACT YOUR LEGISLATORS
Here is a link to find your state legislators:
AND TELL THEM TO OPPOSE THIS BILL!