Next Last

Smart Liberal

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#1 Nov 8, 2012
Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees

November 7, 2012 11:09 PM

LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas)— A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

“David”(he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

Here’s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that [I] made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

“I explained to them a month ago that if Obama gets in office that the regulations for Obamacare are gonna hurt our business, and I’m gonna have to make provisions to make sure I have enough money to cover the payroll taxes, the additional health care I’m gonna have to do, and I explained that to them and I said you do what you feel like in your heart you need to do, but I’m just letting you know as a warning this is things I have to think of as a business owner.

“Well unfortunately, and most of my employees are Hispanic — I’m not gonna go into what kind of company I have, but I have mostly Hispanic employees — well unfortunately we know what happened and I can’t wait around anymore, I have to be proactive. I had to lay off 22 people today to make sure that my business is gonna thrive and I’m gonna be around for years to come. I have to build up that nest egg now for the taxes and regulations that are coming my way. Elections do have consequences, but so do choices. A choice you make every day has consequences and you know what, I’ve always put my employees first, but unfortunately today I have to put me and my family first, and you watch what’s gonna happen. I’m just one guy with 114 employees — well was 114 employees — watch what happens in the next six months. The Dow alone lost 314 points today. There’s a tsunami coming and if you didn’t think this election had consequences, just wait.”

Hear the rest of David’s call by clicking here:

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/11/07/vegas...
Sure

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Nov 8, 2012
Half the people on Topix also CLAIM to be business owners. There is no way to verify who this guy is or if his story is true.

Smart Liberal

Former MN Tax Payer

#3 Nov 8, 2012
Sure wrote:
Half the people on Topix also CLAIM to be business owners. There is no way to verify who this guy is or if his story is true.
So you are saying that the CBS station out there fabricated this story? If so, you are making quite the foolish claim.

Also, I know of only a few people on Topix who claim to be business owners. In reading what they say and what their perspective is, you can tell fairly quickly whether that guy signs the paychecks or receives one.
Sure

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Nov 8, 2012
I'm saying that if he remains anonymous we have no way of knowing if the story is true or false.

Smart Liberal

Former MN Tax Payer

#5 Nov 8, 2012
Sure wrote:
I'm saying that if he remains anonymous we have no way of knowing if the story is true or false.
Are you saying that you don't believe the CBS station that reported this? They obviously needed to check out the story before they would put it on TV.
Sure

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Nov 8, 2012
Let me explain it a different way: it's sort of like the "unskewed polls" that you trumpeted up until two days ago.....

Not everything you read on the Internet or see on TV is true.
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#7 Nov 8, 2012
How sad

Smart Liberal

Former MN Tax Payer

#8 Nov 8, 2012
Sure wrote:
Let me explain it a different way: it's sort of like the "unskewed polls" that you trumpeted up until two days ago.....
Not everything you read on the Internet or see on TV is true.
Hey numb nuts, unlike you, I utilize sources that are reliable and authentic. As for you saying I trumpeted the unskewed polls, I'd love for you to point to where I used them as a source. Like all your other claims, you can not prove a god damned thing.
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#9 Nov 8, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey numb nuts, unlike you, I utilize sources that are reliable and authentic. As for you saying I trumpeted the unskewed polls, I'd love for you to point to where I used them as a source. Like all your other claims, you can not prove a god damned thing.
When a liberal can't argue they call you facist, then they argue the source, then they resort to out of sight out of mind tactics

Smart Liberal

Former MN Tax Payer

#11 Nov 8, 2012
Sure wrote:
You regularly whined that the polls were skewed and oversampled Democrats.
You were wrong then and you are wrong now.
Isn't that interesting? You are changing your story now to conveniently fit your argument.

When you make false accusations, you show your dishonesty - and you do that shit all the time.

And...I sure did say the polls over sampled Dems. Most based their model voter on 2008 rather than 2010 or current surveys of trends.
DSM Local

Ankeny, IA

#12 Nov 8, 2012
Sure wrote:
You regularly whined that the polls were skewed and oversampled Democrats.
You were wrong then and you are wrong now.
When a liberal can't argue they call you facist, then they argue the source, then they resort to out of sight out of mind tactics
1776 Defender

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Nov 11, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees
November 7, 2012 11:09 PM
LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas)— A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.
“David”(he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”
Here’s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:
“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that [I] made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.
“I explained to them a month ago that if Obama gets in office that the regulations for Obamacare are gonna hurt our business, and I’m gonna have to make provisions to make sure I have enough money to cover the payroll taxes, the additional health care I’m gonna have to do, and I explained that to them and I said you do what you feel like in your heart you need to do, but I’m just letting you know as a warning this is things I have to think of as a business owner.
“Well unfortunately, and most of my employees are Hispanic — I’m not gonna go into what kind of company I have, but I have mostly Hispanic employees — well unfortunately we know what happened and I can’t wait around anymore, I have to be proactive. I had to lay off 22 people today to make sure that my business is gonna thrive and I’m gonna be around for years to come. I have to build up that nest egg now for the taxes and regulations that are coming my way. Elections do have consequences, but so do choices. A choice you make every day has consequences and you know what, I’ve always put my employees first, but unfortunately today I have to put me and my family first, and you watch what’s gonna happen. I’m just one guy with 114 employees — well was 114 employees — watch what happens in the next six months. The Dow alone lost 314 points today. There’s a tsunami coming and if you didn’t think this election had consequences, just wait.”
Hear the rest of David’s call by clicking here:
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/11/07/vegas...
Clearly the more liabilities associated with employees the more automation will be used by companies. This WILL REDUCE the number of employees!!

Oh who cares about jobs anyway?
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#15 Nov 11, 2012
Clearly this story is crap, that's all Stupid Liar posts, putz. LMAOROTFU~!

Want to meet at Sea-Tac Hertz and discuss it holding hands ?? LMAOROTFU~!

Drive your "clown car" so I'll recognize you... LMAOROTFU~!
Come on ThunderChild

Columbiana, OH

#16 Nov 11, 2012
More proof, if you need it, that the problem with our economy comes directly from Wall St.
1776 Defender

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Nov 11, 2012
A relative owns a lawn care company.

He recently bought a $7,000 piece of equipment to reduce the number of workers he needs.

Unemployment ticks up.
1776 Defender

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Nov 11, 2012
Forgot to 'splain to you sheepie, the $7,000 piece of equipment doesn't need ObamaCare.

Get it now??
Seth

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Nov 11, 2012
1776 Defender wrote:
A relative owns a lawn care company.
He recently bought a $7,000 piece of equipment to reduce the number of workers he needs.
Unemployment ticks up.
He can reduce the number of lawn care workers he needs with a $7,000 piece of equipment? What did he buy, a mower?

$7,000 in wages doesn't "tick" anything. Sounds like a Casey story to me.
Casey

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Nov 11, 2012
Have a business owner friend that is buying a $.50 piece of equipment to cut his work force in half. It's Obama's fault. Had Romney been elected he would have kept the higher payroll. Figure it out sheeple!
1776 Defender

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Nov 11, 2012
Seth wrote:
<quoted text>
He can reduce the number of lawn care workers he needs with a $7,000 piece of equipment? What did he buy, a mower?
$7,000 in wages doesn't "tick" anything. Sounds like a Casey story to me.
The equipment is a leaf blower and will reduce the number of people needed to walk around with backpack blowers cleaning golf courses and yards.
Seth

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Nov 11, 2012
1776 Defender wrote:
<quoted text>
The equipment is a leaf blower and will reduce the number of people needed to walk around with backpack blowers cleaning golf courses and yards.
Okay. What does that have to do with Obama?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zero Point SH|T 1 hr watchHiMwalk 5
Trump Bans Trans Military 4 hr TAAM 6
News Warrant: Woman 'slapped' squad car before polic... 5 hr Ben 6
Liberals are trying to destroy america 7 hr Cat Man 70
Somali brutaliy beats Woman 8 hr oleMississippi 91
News Mohamed Noor, Somali American cop who allegedly... 8 hr cowboy chris 78
Somalian Refugees 9 hr Space ace 4

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance