Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

These tics live on deer, dummy... Without a host, the disease is toast.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lyme disease comes from Deer Ticks, not Deer themselves. Less deer doesn't mean less ticks.
looks like the steattle troll does not realize that the ticks in urban areas are more likely to live on the animals that inhabit the area. animals like mice, cats, dogs, etc...
in rural areas, cattle, horses, etc...
and it is easier for mice to carry deer ticks, since the adults are about the size of a poppy seed
http://www.uri.edu/ce/factsheets/sheets/deert... but will also attack cattle, horses, dogs, etc
The risk of being bitten by a deer tick infected with Lyme disease is greatest in the summer months of June and July when the nymph stage is active. This is the time of year when people (and notably children) are most active outdoors.
http://www.tickencounter.org/prevention/mouse... Mice are the primary culprits for producing infected ticks!
Most studies support the notion that white-footed mice (Peromyscus leucopus) are the main reservoir host for Lyme disease spirochetes, Babesia protozoa, and Anaplasma bacteria; in most settings, mice are the primary culprits for producing infected ticks. These mice are common and often quite abundant in rural, suburban, and semi-urban settings across much of the eastern United States.
Dead Perp Wrestling

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

but will also ...Most studies .....

Sorry hon, all the name calling doesn't mean when their preferred host is gone, the tics aren't diminished...

Oopsie....
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
looks like the steattle troll does not realize that the ticks in urban areas are more likely to live on the animals that inhabit the area. animals like mice, cats, dogs, etc...
and it is easier for mice to carry deer ticks, since the adults are about the size of a poppy seed
http://www.uri.edu/ce/factsheets/sheets/deert... but will also attack cattle, horses, dogs, etc
The risk of being bitten by a deer tick infected with Lyme disease is greatest in the summer months of June and July when the nymph stage is active. This is the time of year when people (and notably children) are most active outdoors.
http://www.tickencounter.org/prevention/mouse... Mice are the primary culprits for producing infected ticks!
Most studies support the notion that white-footed mice (Peromyscus leucopus) are the main reservoir host for Lyme disease spirochetes, Babesia protozoa, and Anaplasma bacteria; in most settings, mice are the primary culprits for producing infected ticks. These mice are common and often quite abundant in rural, suburban, and semi-urban settings across much of the eastern United States.
Svengoolie has has sex with many an Urban Buck. She has balled a few that had Chronic Wasting Disease. Now Sven has Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. The Prions are slowly eating holes in her brain.
Facts

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

40 oz-Less deer doesn't mean less ticks.

Studies have shown that if you reduce the deer density to about 10 per square mile, you dramatically reduce the tick abundance, and Lyme disease is dramatically reduced also.

Are you ever intelligent AT ALL ?

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
In my neck of the woods, ticks are thick and I always saturate my clothes with Permethrin which will repel and kill ticks before stepping into the woods during the summer.
Some people I know will buy some chickens(Guineas) and let them loose in their yards. They will eventually eat every insect on your property, ticks, mosquitoes, spiders, slugs, even Mice. After riding the property of ticks, they still keep a few Guineas around to keep the property clean.
http://www.motherearthnews.com/organic-garden...
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
In my neck of the woods, ticks are thick and I always saturate my clothes with Permethrin which will repel and kill ticks before stepping into the woods during the summer.
Some people I know will buy some chickens(Guineas) and let them loose in their yards. They will eventually eat every insect on your property, ticks, mosquitoes, spiders, slugs, even Mice. After riding the property of ticks, they still keep a few Guineas around to keep the property clean.
Another way to keep ticks from attaching themselves to your body is to tuck your pant bottoms into your socks. The ticks will still crawl up your leg but you can flick them off your legs.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

40 oz-Less deer doesn't mean less ticks.
Studies have shown that if you reduce the deer density to about 10 per square mile, you dramatically reduce the tick abundance, and Lyme disease is dramatically reduced also.
Are you ever intelligent AT ALL ?

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Wade Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
Another way to keep ticks from attaching themselves to your body is to tuck your pant bottoms into your socks. The ticks will still crawl up your leg but you can flick them off your legs.
True, and if you wear white pants, you can see them better. Problem is that deer ticks are much smaller than regular ticks and harder to see on clothes/skin.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Played cards, moved some money, and went out...

Been here waiting for a "date", huh bYtch ??? LMAOROFU~!!!!

Poor crapass = Mrs Lonely... LMAOROFU~!
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to take a weedwacker to that bush of yours. I can't tell if you're sporting Pthirus pubis or Ixodes scapularis.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

You just want the hairs.... as close as you've been since YOU were pooped out...
Schmahl Spew

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

That was rather Schmahl of you.

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
True, and if you wear white pants, you can see them better. Problem is that deer ticks are much smaller than regular ticks and harder to see on clothes/skin.
yep. the adults about the size of a poppyseed. which is the size of the D on a dime's backside.
the babies, or nymplets as they are sometimes called. are even smaller.about the size of period on a book page.

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

DFL Waste wrote:
Deer are being sited all over the metro area. There is a shortage of the medicine used to treat lyme illness.
Yet the DNR restrictes deer hunting to small areas of public property. Hunting could be allowed using bait and uncontrolled hunting can be allowed on private property.
Lyme illness is a serious sickness with shortage of meds to treat it.
It's time to get rid of metro deer!
DNR where is your sense of urgency?
you sound in many ways like that one idiot lady who complained about those road signs warning about deer in the area.
http://www.webpronews.com/donna-the-deer-lady... Enter Donna the Deer Lady. The morning show hosts of Fargo, North Dakota’s Y94 radio station were left gobsmacked when a woman called in to complain about deer crossing signs on the highway. The woman seems to think that deer look for deer crossing signs when attempting to cross the road.

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
part of that is the fact chickens are omnivores. and that is why you do not see insects and rodents around them.....
DFL Waste

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
you sound in many ways like that one idiot lady who complained about those road signs warning about deer in the area.
http://www.webpronews.com/donna-the-deer-lady... Enter Donna the Deer Lady. The morning show hosts of Fargo, North Dakota’s Y94 radio station were left gobsmacked when a woman called in to complain about deer crossing signs on the highway. The woman seems to think that deer look for deer crossing signs when attempting to cross the road.
IMHO the threat of lyme illness with the shortage of meds to treat it makes a case to reduce the threat of lymes illness.

You want lymes with no meds?

Deer are neat animals but lyme's is NOT a neat illness, ask anyone who has it.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

CRASSUS wrote:
<quoted text>You need to take a weedwacker to that bush of yours. I can't tell if you're sporting Pthirus pubis or Ixodes scapularis.
I'm surprised you want to give the slew a run for his money, I'll start taking bets on the biggest douche on topix, could be close.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

DFL Waste wrote:
<quoted text>
IMHO the threat of lyme illness with the shortage of meds to treat it makes a case to reduce the threat of lymes illness.
I know several people with Lyme, and you are correct, it's nothing to mess around with.
Let the tree/bear/wolf/deer huggers get wind of your plans and you'll start receiving threats pronto.

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

DFL Waste wrote:
<quoted text>
if you need to deal with the meds. best folks to talk to is your doctor where ever you go. and have them talk to who ever is the company or companies that make the meds. in order to make sure there is enough for this season.
also, doctors have in most cases, knowledge of the tests needed to test for the disease.
as for deer. they are not responsible for the ticks, nor are they responsible for the meds.
as for your own self. take the precautions of what was stated by folks on the thread here to make sure you do not get attacked by the ticks that carry the bacterium. it helps to have a person help out in spotting any ticks in areas you can not see on your body.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of72
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance