the NON affordable care act

the NON affordable care act

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
a liberal mess

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Oct 1, 2013
Less than one in five Americans say their families will be better off under the new health care law, according to a new poll.

But a CNN/ORC International survey released Tuesday morning also indicates a majority say the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare, will help some people, with 37% saying the law, which is gradually starting to kick in, won't help anyone.

According to the poll, four in 10 say the new law will make their families worse off, while 41% believe it will have no effect.

Seventeen percent think the measure will be a good thing for themselves or their families.

The poll's release comes on the same day as a key element of the health care law takes effect, as Americans without insurance can begin enrolling in state insurance exchanges.

And it comes hours after the shutdown of the federal government courtesy of a bitter partisan battle over the new health care law.

According to the poll, 36% say they won't benefit from the new law but other families will. If you add to that the 17% who believe Obamacare will help them personally, the survey indicates that most Americans see some good coming from it. Some 37% say no one in the country will benefit from the measure.

As the exchanges open for business, 52% say the health insurance system created by Obamacare is a disaster waiting to happen, with 45% saying the system will eventually work.

The poll was conducted for CNN by ORC International September 27-29, with 803 adults nationwide questioned by telephone. The survey's overall sampling error is plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.

Judged:

24

23

23

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#2 Oct 1, 2013
Employers are already beginning to drop or drastically cut back health care for their employees. In some cases they have figured out it is cheaper to pay the fines than provide health care. Why does Obama and Congress want to make such a drastic cut to the compensation packages of millions of people? Do they hate non-union workers? These crazy bastards really do want to create the "Brave New World".

Judged:

22

22

22

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Nov 21, 2013
"The White House is exerting massive pressure on the industry, including the trade associations, to keep quiet,"

Sources: White House told insurance execs to keep quiet on Obamacare.

White House officials have pressured insurance industry executives to keep quiet amid mounting criticism over Obamacare's rollout, insurance industry sources told CNN.

Sebelius:'I apologize, I'm accountable' for Obamacare website flaws

After insurance officials publicly criticized the implementation, White House staffers contacted insurers to express their displeasure, industry insiders said.

Multiple sources declined to speak publicly about the push back because they fear retribution.

http://us.cnn.com/2013/10/30/politics/obamaca...

Judged:

15

15

15

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Hey

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Nov 21, 2013
Is Obama directing the industry OR the industry directing the Obama?

One thing certian: the industry directed Dayton to NOT extend the Obama mandated end of existing healthcare plans in Minnesota.

Follow the $$$$, the cash flows from industry TO Government, elected officials.

Judged:

14

14

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Nov 23, 2013
NOT affordable.
NOT accessible.
NOT available.

Back in April, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius told a congressional subcommittee that any individual making under that $45,960 threshold -- or four times the poverty level of $11,490 for an individual -- would qualify for "an upfront tax subsidy."

"Somebody who's making $25,500 would definitely qualify for a subsidy if he or she is purchasing coverage in the individual market," Sebelius added.

One of the basic tenets of Obamacare is that the government will help lower-income Americans -- anyone making less than about $45,900 a year -- pay for the health insurance everyone is now mandated to have.

But a CNN analysis shows that in the largest city in nearly every state, many low-income younger Americans won't get any subsidy at all. Administration officials said the reason so many Americans won't receive a subsidy is that the cost of insurance is lower than the government initially expected. Subsidies are calculated using a complicated formula based on the cost of insurance premiums, which can vary drastically from state to state, and even county to county.

That doesn't change the fact that in Chicago, a 27-year old will receive no subsidy to help offset premiums of more than $165 a month if he makes more than $27,400 a year.

In Portland, Oregon, subsidies for individuals making just $28,725 a year phase out for those younger than 35 years old.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/22/politics/obamac...

Judged:

14

14

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dutch

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Nov 23, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
NOT affordable.
NOT accessible.
NOT available.
Back in April, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius told a congressional subcommittee that any individual making under that $45,960 threshold -- or four times the poverty level of $11,490 for an individual -- would qualify for "an upfront tax subsidy."
"Somebody who's making $25,500 would definitely qualify for a subsidy if he or she is purchasing coverage in the individual market," Sebelius added.
One of the basic tenets of Obamacare is that the government will help lower-income Americans -- anyone making less than about $45,900 a year -- pay for the health insurance everyone is now mandated to have.
But a CNN analysis shows that in the largest city in nearly every state, many low-income younger Americans won't get any subsidy at all. Administration officials said the reason so many Americans won't receive a subsidy is that the cost of insurance is lower than the government initially expected. Subsidies are calculated using a complicated formula based on the cost of insurance premiums, which can vary drastically from state to state, and even county to county.
That doesn't change the fact that in Chicago, a 27-year old will receive no subsidy to help offset premiums of more than $165 a month if he makes more than $27,400 a year.
In Portland, Oregon, subsidies for individuals making just $28,725 a year phase out for those younger than 35 years old.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/22/politics/obamac...
The only states that having a problem with the ACA are Red States
that are sabotaging the federal exchange network,look how well that the ACA is working in Blue states that have their own exchanges.

Fear is all that you have and the only is scare is you and your koolaide drinkers were getting this done what suggestions do you republicans he?

Judged:

14

14

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Nov 23, 2013
Dutch wrote:
<quoted text>
The only states that having a problem with the ACA are Red States
that are sabotaging the federal exchange network,look how well that the ACA is working in Blue states that have their own exchanges.
Fear is all that you have and the only is scare is you and your koolaide drinkers were getting this done what suggestions do you republicans he?
OBAMA's Administration bungled Obamacare long before GOP had power to obstruct:

In the memo, dated May 11, 2010 and sent to top administration economic official Larry Summers, Harvard professor and health care expert David Cutler, a supporter of the administration's efforts, wrote that "the early implementation efforts are far short of what it will take to implement reform successfully." Cutler continued: "For health reform to be successful, the relevant people need a vision about health system transformation and the managerial ability to carry out that vision. The President has sketched out such a vision. However, I do not believe the relevant members of the Administration understand the President's vision or have the capability to carry it out."

Cutler laid out a set of problems: 1) poor leadership at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, a key organization in creating Obamacare; 2) clueless management at the Department of Health and Human Services on the subject of setting up exchanges; 3) an ineffective effort to work with insurers in implementing reform; and 4) general incompetence. "The overall head of implementation inside HHS, Jeanne Lambrew, is known for her knowledge of Congress, her commitment to the poor, and her mistrust of insurance companies," Cutler wrote. "She is not known for operational ability, knowledge of delivery systems, or facilitating widespread change."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/memo-administra...

Judged:

14

14

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Don Joe

Maple Grove, MN

#14 Nov 24, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
OBAMA's Administration bungled Obamacare long before GOP had power to obstruct:
Really??? How long do you think the GOP has had power to obstruct. I would argue the GOP has been obstructing since Obama was first elected. Remember the meeting they had during Obama's oath of office where they said the only job of the GOP was to obstruct Obama on everything, no matter what.

Judged:

14

14

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Nov 24, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??? How long do you think the GOP has had power to obstruct. I would argue the GOP has been obstructing since Obama was first elected. Remember the meeting they had during Obama's oath of office where they said the only job of the GOP was to obstruct Obama on everything, no matter what.
Yes, but that happens all the time no matter what. You must agree that there was far more of that in W's 2 terms in office...

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Don Joe

Maple Grove, MN

#16 Nov 24, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but that happens all the time no matter what. You must agree that there was far more of that in W's 2 terms in office...
?? Are you insane??? The democrats all fell in line for bush's bull. Perhaps you have forgotten the dems wouldn't even investigate the bush criminality even when he openly admitted it. Perhaps you forgot bush lied to congress over and over, and the dems wouldn't even stop the most egregious bills bush wanted, like the Pat Act. In fact the dems fell in line so well, that even after bush left office they kept most of his policies, like extending the Pat Act.

I do remember Pelosi, before she even became speaker of the house, saying oversight of bush was off the table. He could do anything he wanted and there would never be any investigation at all.

All we heard when bush was president was that elections had consequences and he could do whatever he wanted. And he pretty much did. He got his needless wars. He decimated the middle class. He transferred trillions of dollars from the people to a few rich families.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Nov 25, 2013
NOT affordable & NOT SAFE

Officials overseeing the Vermont Health Connect website confirmed Friday there was a security breach on the system last month in which one user got improper access to another user’s Social Security number and other data.

Of course, when asked about it THE FIRST TIME on Nov 5th, Mark Larson, commissioner of the Department of Vermont Health Access, said his department had investigated one such complaint and it had proven unfounded.

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2013/11/24/ve...
remember 911

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Nov 25, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??? How long do you think the GOP has had power to obstruct. I would argue the GOP has been obstructing since Obama was first elected. Remember the meeting they had during Obama's oath of office where they said the only job of the GOP was to obstruct Obama on everything, no matter what.
remember muslims tried to destroy America on 911, not Christians. Remember Barry soetoro changed his born name to ( Barack Hussein Obama II ) do not trust anything that this socialist , muslim dictator on any issue.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#19 Nov 25, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
?? Are you insane??? The democrats all fell in line for bush's bull. Perhaps you have forgotten the dems wouldn't even investigate the bush criminality even when he openly admitted it. Perhaps you forgot bush lied to congress over and over, and the dems wouldn't even stop the most egregious bills bush wanted, like the Pat Act. In fact the dems fell in line so well, that even after bush left office they kept most of his policies, like extending the Pat Act.
I do remember Pelosi, before she even became speaker of the house, saying oversight of bush was off the table. He could do anything he wanted and there would never be any investigation at all.
All we heard when bush was president was that elections had consequences and he could do whatever he wanted. And he pretty much did. He got his needless wars. He decimated the middle class. He transferred trillions of dollars from the people to a few rich families.
That's because the dems refused to stand their ground for fear of being labeled unpatriotic. And so did the repubs who objected to the patriot act and the wars. So worried about hanging on to their phoney baloney jobs they were afraid to defy W's PR campaign. Obama pulls the same crap only instead of being accused of being unpatriotic, his PR machine bandies about words like elitist and racist. Which is why people need to wake the eff up and stop voting for democrats and republicans and especially, incumbents.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Nov 25, 2013
remember 911 wrote:
<quoted text>
remember muslims tried to destroy America on 911, not Christians. Remember Barry soetoro changed his born name to ( Barack Hussein Obama II ) do not trust anything that this socialist , muslim dictator on any issue.
Yea, bush told us the Muslims did it. How can we question such a fantastic authority? Next the Muslims in your neighborhood are coming after you. Ya gotta stand your ground. Of course bush immediately started a war against Iraq to prove we were willing to kill innocent people in our search for the guilty. Oh yea, and don't forget Obama was not an American. He was born somewhere overseas. Oh and don't forget Bengazi. I know Bengazi looks tiny compared with 9/11 but bush started a war, and Obama didn't. Do you realize how much money the industrial military complex lost by not starting a war?
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Nov 25, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because the dems refused to stand their ground for fear of being labeled unpatriotic. And so did the repubs who objected to the patriot act and the wars. So worried about hanging on to their phoney baloney jobs they were afraid to defy W's PR campaign. Obama pulls the same crap only instead of being accused of being unpatriotic, his PR machine bandies about words like elitist and racist. Which is why people need to wake the eff up and stop voting for democrats and republicans and especially, incumbents.
Hard to disagree. I haven't voted for either party for quite a few years now.
Dutch

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Nov 25, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
OBAMA's Administration bungled Obamacare long before GOP had power to obstruct:
In the memo, dated May 11, 2010 and sent to top administration economic official Larry Summers, Harvard professor and health care expert David Cutler, a supporter of the administration's efforts, wrote that "the early implementation efforts are far short of what it will take to implement reform successfully." Cutler continued: "For health reform to be successful, the relevant people need a vision about health system transformation and the managerial ability to carry out that vision. The President has sketched out such a vision. However, I do not believe the relevant members of the Administration understand the President's vision or have the capability to carry it out."
Cutler laid out a set of problems: 1) poor leadership at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, a key organization in creating Obamacare; 2) clueless management at the Department of Health and Human Services on the subject of setting up exchanges; 3) an ineffective effort to work with insurers in implementing reform; and 4) general incompetence. "The overall head of implementation inside HHS, Jeanne Lambrew, is known for her knowledge of Congress, her commitment to the poor, and her mistrust of insurance companies," Cutler wrote. "She is not known for operational ability, knowledge of delivery systems, or facilitating widespread change."
http://washingtonexaminer.com/memo-administra...
Why waste your time with them teabagger sites to convince me and us that your an idiot? The ACA will work and you obstructionist will fail again and it's the RIGHT thing to for ther people and not for the Kock Bros. and other corporate interest fool and tell your bosses that we do not fear you scums and will will keep moving forward Rome was not built in a day idiot so shut up with your nonsense the sky is not falling on no one but you losers.
Dutch

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Nov 25, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because the dems refused to stand their ground for fear of being labeled unpatriotic. And so did the repubs who objected to the patriot act and the wars. So worried about hanging on to their phoney baloney jobs they were afraid to defy W's PR campaign. Obama pulls the same crap only instead of being accused of being unpatriotic, his PR machine bandies about words like elitist and racist. Which is why people need to wake the eff up and stop voting for democrats and republicans and especially, incumbents.
Another idiot who only have the race card to play!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#25 Nov 25, 2013
Dutch wrote:
<quoted text>Another idiot who only have the race card to play!
Ah yes, the old lefty staple, the race card.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#26 Nov 25, 2013
Dutch wrote:
<quoted text>Another idiot who only have the race card to play!
Thanks for living up to expectations.
By the way, if you're going to start calling people names, the least you can do is learn to construct a sentence. It helps lend some degree of credibility to your arguments.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#30 Nov 26, 2013
LIbEralS wrote:
The "Nuclear Option" was all about Enabling Democraps To Ensure One-Party Authoritarian Control of Health Care:
The nuclear option does enhance the ability of the president and his party to control the health care sector well after he leaves office.
Here’s where things get scary.
ObamaCare mandates certain procedures that Congress must follow if it wants to overrule IPAB’s, ahem,“proposals.” The people’s elected representatives must clear certain hurdles — some as high as IPAB wishes to set them — if they want to retain their authority as the ones who write laws regarding health care.(The Congress that enacted ObamaCare had no lawful power to enact such requirements, but no matter. George F. Will writes that Diane Cohen and I “well described” IPAB as “the MOST ANTI-constitutional measure ever to pass Congress.”)
http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelcannon/201...
LOL, Like any republican would even consider the constitution in anything. That is why they always demand that the supreme court justices have no knowledge of the constitution. Look at everyone they have appointed. Complete morons. Even Scalia can't write ten words of his opinion without contradicting himself. Then to quote the likes of George Will and Rupert Murdoch, so they can try to tell us what we should be thinking. No thanks, I will think for myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Third Term for Obama ? 19 min cowboy chris 2
patriot mobile first bumper sticker 1 hr cowboy chris 8
News Kinky Boots National Tour Begins Run Tonight at... 2 hr cowboy chris 1
News Chemical-free swimming pool to open in North Mi... 2 hr cowboy chris 33
Another white boy shooting innocent people again 10 hr crunch 27
Sun Country pilots picket MSP airport over pay 10 hr Spirit of 1776 4
Trump is a hero 11 hr nancy 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages