Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#64 Jan 21, 2013
Looks like a child's switched monikers ...
ist

Duluth, MN

#65 Jan 21, 2013
NRA Carnage wrote:
So certainly you'd agree that the cost should be paid by a user tax on guns and ammunition.
According to the National Center for Education Statistics, there were 98,817 public schools during the 2009-2010 school year.
A typical salary with fringe benefits and employer taxes would be somewhere around $40,000 per year for an armed security guard.
98,817 times 1.25 (you'd need more than 1 guard per school to cover vacation, training and sick days) times $40,000 equals 4.94 billion dollars per year.
The are 270 million firearms held by civilians in the US. 4.94 billion divided by 270 million gives an annaul tax of $18.30 per gun per year.
Of course, I didn't add inything ion for uniforms and additional insurance needed for having armed guards on the premises, and administering the new tax.
http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/unit...
Gun deaths 32,163
gun homicides 11,101
270,000,000 guns owned
.00011 gun deaths for every gun owned
.0000411 gun homicides for every gun owned

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/cats/t...
33,800,000 traffic fatlities
246,283,000 motor vehicles in US
.1372 fatalities for every vehicle in the US

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...

Thanks to the tireless efforts of the NRA, among others, crime in the US has DECREASED as private gun ownership and taxable sales of weapons has INCREASED in the past 15 years.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#66 Jan 21, 2013
Nothing you wrote, proved any part of your "conclusion" ??? Ps- Using a biased site, REALLY ???
Lawton

Minneapolis, MN

#67 Jan 21, 2013
ist wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/unit...
Gun deaths 32,163
gun homicides 11,101
270,000,000 guns owned
.00011 gun deaths for every gun owned
.0000411 gun homicides for every gun owned
http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/cats/t...
33,800,000 traffic fatlities
246,283,000 motor vehicles in US
.1372 fatalities for every vehicle in the US
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
Thanks to the tireless efforts of the NRA, among others, crime in the US has DECREASED as private gun ownership and taxable sales of weapons has INCREASED in the past 15 years.
You are from Duluth, that is a blue town. What are you doing opposing Obama's desire to ban all guns.
ist

Duluth, MN

#68 Jan 21, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Nothing you wrote, proved any part of your "conclusion" ??? Ps- Using a biased site, REALLY ???
Moron, all three are statistical, government offered sites. Hardly biased. Try again. I know you hate facts, but try harder.
ist

Duluth, MN

#69 Jan 21, 2013
Lawton wrote:
<quoted text>
You are from Duluth, that is a blue town. What are you doing opposing Obama's desire to ban all guns.
Yeah come see what liberalism does to a community. This town is a dump.

Listen to what the Brits, Australians and Canadian gun owners, or former gun owners, warn us. Don't give them up. Its a mistake.
ist

Duluth, MN

#70 Jan 21, 2013
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#72 Jan 21, 2013
ist

Duluth, MN

#73 Jan 21, 2013

From 2007, after Virginia Tech, the last time liberals tried this failed tactic and the media tried to follow suit until statistics and common sense won out. Give up.
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#74 Feb 1, 2013
We had an armed guard in the Atlanta school where one student shot and killed another yesterday.

The student is still just as dead as he would have been with no armed guard at the school.
Philo Beddoe

Mesa, AZ

#75 Feb 1, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
We had an armed guard in the Atlanta school where one student shot and killed another yesterday.
The student is still just as dead as he would have been with no armed guard at the school.
Either you're a liar, an idiot, or more likely, both. The armed guard disarmed the shooter. The shooting victim was only slightly injured and was released from the hospital last night.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/...
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#76 Feb 1, 2013
Philo Beddoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you're a liar, an idiot, or more likely, both. The armed guard disarmed the shooter. The shooting victim was only slightly injured and was released from the hospital last night.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/...
Actually, you are correct, it appears the story I read was incorrect. The student that was shot in the back of the head WAS released from the hospital this morning. I stand corrected.

My point remains - having an armed guard at the school did not prevent this shooting.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#77 Feb 1, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
No one died, the shooter was disarmed by an arm guard after wounding one person. Get your story straight Bob/Lawton/Consistent!!
Philo Beddoe

Mesa, AZ

#78 Feb 1, 2013
Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you are correct, it appears the story I read was incorrect. The student that was shot in the back of the head WAS released from the hospital this morning. I stand corrected.
My point remains - having an armed guard at the school did not prevent this shooting.
Of course the armed guard prevented students getting shot, you need to read up on this story. If only one student was shot, and the armed guard disarmed the shooter, then the armed guard did exactly what was expected of him. The real question is, how did the student get the gun past the metal detectors that were at the school.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#79 Feb 1, 2013
He prevented students getting short ??

Gee, one was shot, GOOD "WORK" ???
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#80 Feb 1, 2013
He prevented students getting shot ??

Philo Beddoe

Mesa, AZ

#81 Feb 1, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Yes, the armed guard made sure all of the students were at least 6 feet tall. You're an idiot.

How's your 'orangutang' doing?
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#82 Feb 1, 2013
She misses you and the rest of her family, how's your banana ?

He prevented students getting shot ??

Amused Slew

Minneapolis, MN

#83 Feb 1, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Oh no Slewsie! My gay Spell Check Queen made a spelling error. Oh, the embarrassment of telling the world that my husband is not as smart as a 2nd grader.
liBeRALs

Minneapolis, MN

#84 Mar 5, 2013
Protect children not guns!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 3 hr Hannah Sera 158
Obama state of the b#llsh!t 7 hr Joe Mauer 35
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 11 hr Mothra 33,753
Tiger Woods Looks Blacker Without the Tooth 13 hr Pequot 40 23
Obama's Muslim Friends Behead a Jap 14 hr Answer 4
Obama Threatens The Jews 17 hr Capt Crunch 4
Mitt romney is a sellout joke 18 hr LIbEralS 40
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:22 pm PST

ESPN 1:22PM
Matthews fined $22K for block on QB Wilson
Yahoo! Sports 1:24 PM
What trick will Belichick pull from his hoodie sleeve next?
Bleacher Report 6:54 PM
Why Vikings Must Draft CB Quinten Rollins
Bleacher Report 5:47 AM
Dez Must Top Vikings' FA Wish List
NBC Sports 6:14 AM
Michael Bidwill on Larry Fitzgerald: We'll get this worked out