Vote him out

Minneapolis, MN

#62 Aug 18, 2014
DLN wrote:
If Franken won't play with the Baggers, the Baggers will have to keep playing with themselves.
this liberal is going to lose and lose BIG to the working class people in Minnesota that are sick of increased TAXES and no direction by the left wing nut jobs in Washington.
dfl joke

Minneapolis, MN

#63 Aug 19, 2014
DLN wrote:
If Franken won't play with the Baggers, the Baggers will have to keep playing with themselves.
his actions speak louder than is stupid lies. Hey liberal pay your taxes !!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#64 Aug 28, 2014
Finding Al Franken

The comedian-turned-senator is running an unusually low-key reelection campaign, trying to avoid scrutiny. Will Republicans get the last laugh?

When I asked about the political mood in Minnesota, Franken said, "I'm not sure if people are completely pinpoint exactly why [they're upset at Washington], and that's going to be part of the campaign. We can do better. Even though we have a lower unemployment rate than the rest of the country, people are still feeling squeezed in the middle class, and so many of the new jobs aren't high-paying jobs." Franken said he had some "disagreements" with President Obama over how to best approach the economy, but he praised the president's stimulus and proposed 2011 jobs package. And he emphasized he was focused on "middle-class jobs" and infrastructure spending, while also supporting unnamed "smart cuts."

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/findi...
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#65 Aug 28, 2014
"The Franken campaign strategy is, they've got a lot of money, lot of infrastructure, and that there's a downside to too much exposure," said Carleton College political science professor Steven Schier. "In his prior career, he was known for explosive sarcasm. I think they're keeping him under wraps for good reason. The hostility to Washington is as high in Minnesota as it is anywhere."
Roger Edgar

Encino, CA

#66 Aug 28, 2014
Come on folks. You can't expect common sense from a State that settles for Franken as their Senator. MN voters have a civic death wish. Maybe they just don't have much of an emotional connection to their children and their grand children. That might explain Franken.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#67 Sep 3, 2014
Agreeing with Michele Bachmann, Senator Al Franken writes a letter to the Department of Justice (DOJ) asking them to address recruitment efforts of the terrorist group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).
Sen. Franken said in the letter that the DOJ needs to take action to prevent Americans from joining ISIL, and also to prevent Americans from reentering the country if they have fought with ISIL.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/09/03/fran...
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#68 Sep 3, 2014
Is Al starting to sweat a little?

Senator Franken sent a letter to Attorney General Holder Tuesday in which he was critical of President Obama's handling of the response to ISIS.

"I was troubled by the President's recent suggestion that the Administration has not yet developed a comprehensive strategy to address the growing threat of ISIL's activities in Syria," Franken writes. He adds, "We must act diligently and responsibly to prevent Americans from taking up arms with ISIL, or from reentering our country if they do."

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/09/03...
goose

Hinsdale, IL

#69 Sep 3, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
Is Al starting to sweat a little?
Senator Franken sent a letter to Attorney General Holder Tuesday in which he was critical of President Obama's handling of the response to ISIS.
"I was troubled by the President's recent suggestion that the Administration has not yet developed a comprehensive strategy to address the growing threat of ISIL's activities in Syria," Franken writes. He adds, "We must act diligently and responsibly to prevent Americans from taking up arms with ISIL, or from reentering our country if they do."
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/09/03...
Election year!!!!!

Do not take anything take anything Fraken says seriously until you check his record!
A good thing to do for ANY politician running.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#70 Sep 9, 2014
Al is just starting to flex his muscle(war chest of cash) in the form of McFadden attack ads. Funny how CBS thought enough about the ad to run it in one of their "Reality Check" segments:

Reality Check: Franken’s Ad On McFadden’s "Tax Inversion" (just like Medtronic)

The ad marks a new Franken campaign strategy: directly attack McFadden for his business dealings.

-the ad may overstate McFadden’s Bermuda connection when it says that his business is based in Bermuda.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/09/05/real...

When I watched this live report live, they had much more to say about the ad - such as "dubious at best".
goose

Park Ridge, IL

#71 Sep 9, 2014
Aug 3, 2014 - In 2008, Brodkorb discovered that Democratic Senate candidate Al Franken owed about $70,000 in back taxes and had a $25,000 judgment .

Just one of the things in Franken closet!

Too funny about Franken, and Dems in gerneral, talking about companies moving out of country when they are the very ones that created the incentives to do it!
Slewer

Saint Paul, MN

#72 Sep 9, 2014
goose wrote:
Aug 3, 2014 - In 2008, Brodkorb discovered that Democratic Senate candidate Al Franken owed about $70,000 in back taxes and had a $25,000 judgment .
Just one of the things in Franken closet!
Too funny about Franken, and Dems in gerneral, talking about companies moving out of country when they are the very ones that created the incentives to do it!
Add in that Dayton's hundreds of MILLIONS are invested in South Dakota to reduce taxes, of course in a blind trust he has no control over. Makes no difference the fact of the matter is the top 1%s ALL take advantage of tax loopholes.

It's truly sad the 99%s have to pick up the slack and can't have tax loopholes of their own. We are lower mid income and can't take any deductions because we never have enough deductions, ain't got that much money.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#73 Sep 9, 2014
Slewer wrote:
<quoted text>
Add in that Dayton's hundreds of MILLIONS are invested in South Dakota to reduce taxes, of course in a blind trust he has no control over. Makes no difference the fact of the matter is the top 1%s ALL take advantage of tax loopholes.
It's truly sad the 99%s have to pick up the slack and can't have tax loopholes of their own. We are lower mid income and can't take any deductions because we never have enough deductions, ain't got that much money.
I agree with you with the exception of "99% have to pick up the slack". Since a good portion of the population pay little or no income tax, the 99% number should be more like 49%.
Slewer

Saint Paul, MN

#74 Sep 9, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you with the exception of "99% have to pick up the slack". Since a good portion of the population pay little or no income tax, the 99% number should be more like 49%.
Agree!

Ideal world everyone would work and pay taxes instead of drawing from the tax revenue without contributing to it.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#75 Sep 11, 2014
Franken's new strategy: Wait until McFadden talks about an issue, then pretend that he has been on top of that issue all along.

In a statement released Wednesday, McFadden maintained his stance against sending ground troops to the Middle East to combat the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS or ISIL). He remains in favor of U.S. airstrikes.

Al has made 2 statements on the issue - all withing the last month.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/stateloca...
cowboy chris

Minneapolis, MN

#76 Sep 11, 2014
Slewer wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree!
Ideal world everyone would work and pay taxes instead of drawing from the tax revenue without contributing to it.
Ideal world, I would work, pay about 10% in taxes and the government would quit flushing my money down the toilet and stop welcoming freeloaders into the country.
Boots on the ground

Saint Paul, MN

#77 Sep 11, 2014
cowboy chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Ideal world, I would work, pay about 10% in taxes and the government would quit flushing my money down the toilet and stop welcoming freeloaders into the country.
You are 100% nuts on.

A study on what our taxes would be if everyone worked and payed some taxes. Actually even if at some income level employees would pay NO income taxes, sliding scale, that is a vast improvement because they would be having nothing to do and get in trouble and they would be drawing FROM the tax revenue of those working paying taxes. If there is no work there should be no new citizens allows in the door. Wait for the lier in chief to decide about immigration AFTER the midterm elections. He will make another bad decision.

Ideal world will never happen but we can dream.
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#78 Sep 16, 2014
Franken, McFadden agree to three debates, despite McFadden wanting six.

I guess when you have the huge war chest to spread outright lies, and they are effective according to the polls, you really don't have to do much else.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/stateloca...
cowboy chris

Minneapolis, MN

#79 Sep 16, 2014
Why debate when you can spend millions of dollars for one-sided lying ads on TV and the low-information voters won't bother to investigate whether or not they are true.
pulling out of mn

Minneapolis, MN

#80 Sep 16, 2014
DLN wrote:
If Franken won't play with the Baggers, the Baggers will have to keep playing with themselves.
here you go freak al, your casting vote will be a victory for The Conservative Republicans of MN

PreferredOne, the insurance company with the lowest rates and most customers is pulling out of MNsure
Read more here: http://kare11.tv/1s5c6IW

HIGHER COST ARE ON THE WAY $$$
cowboy chris

Saint Paul, MN

#81 Sep 17, 2014
pulling out of mn wrote:
<quoted text>
here you go freak al, your casting vote will be a victory for The Conservative Republicans of MN
PreferredOne, the insurance company with the lowest rates and most customers is pulling out of MNsure
Read more here: http://kare11.tv/1s5c6IW
HIGHER COST ARE ON THE WAY $$$
MNsure is a disgrace,$150 million and not one penny of that went to health care. I tried to sign up my X, who is seriously bi-polar, 7 times. They got all her info, then a message popped up saying "WE ARE NOT ABLE TO CONTINUE WITH YOUR APPLICATION AT THIS TIME" 7 times. She had good insurance until Obamacare came along , then it was canceled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mall of America Protest 32 min Sunshine 2
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr LIbEralS 33,453
GRUBER gate 1 hr LIbEralS 10
Muslims are a threat 13 hr Sheriff Joe 19
Minneapolis schools superintendent FIRED 21 hr Sunshine 8
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 23 hr American_Sons 10
Man Shoots Self After Leading Mankato Police On... Wed DILF 49
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:37 pm PST

ESPN 1:37PM
Pack name playoff captains before clinching
Bleacher Report 5:51 PM
Green Bay Packers vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
Bleacher Report 8:03 PM
Breaking Down Green Bay's Game Plan
Bleacher Report10:52 PM
Vikings vs. Dolphins: Breaking Down Minnesota's Game Plan
NBC Sports 4:01 AM
Bryan Bulaga "looks great" after Sunday's concussion