Mass Shootings in 2012: Who Are the 151 Victims?

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
More NRA Carnage

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Mass Shootings in 2012: Who Are the 151 Victims?

Though 2012 marked victories and milestones for public figures such as President Obama, Gabby Douglas and Jay-Z and Beyoncé, it has also proved tragic beyond words for Sikh worshippers at a temple in Oak Creek, Wis.; the families of elementary school children and educators in Newtown, Conn.; and Batman fans in Aurora, Colo.

Mother Jones profiles some of the 151 victims of mass gun violence in a year that has been marred with the most mass gun violence ever in the U.S.:

The media coverage tends to linger on the killers. But as the nation mourns the excruciating losses in Newtown -- and finally begins to confront an epidemic of mass shootings amid the worst year for them in modern US history -- it is equally important to bear witness to the victims. What follows are portraits of 151 people physically wounded or killed in the rampages of 2012. In addition to the victims of this year's seven mass shootings, we've included the victims of similar but less lethal rampages in a Portland shopping mall, a Milwaukee spa, and a Cleveland high school.

The total number of lives devastated by these attacks far exceeds 151, of course, starting with survivors who narrowly escaped physical harm, such as the unidentified six-year-old girl who played dead and walked out of Sandy Hook Elementary School against all odds. Mother Jones has only included photos of those injured and killed that were shared publicly by the families or survivors themselves, or for which we were granted specific permission ...

Read more at Mother Jones - http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/m...
jerry

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Really, more to the point, who are the killers?
More NRA Carnage

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

jerry wrote:
Really, more to the point, who are the killers?
Th real killers are all the NRA members. Put everyone of them in jail.
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Freedom is a scary thing to people that have spent decades interned at an Asylum because Freedom was a scary thing for them.

It all begins with "Responsibility".

Sadly this word too is scary for the children. Sine they never learned to be Responsible, they are frightened by the Freedom of others who can be Free and enjoy Liberty because "Others" did learn Responsibility.

In 2012 the Sheeple crawled under the fences and made it to Polling Places on the ACORN Buses and Re Erected their Iconic Image of a Messiah who will protect the Demokrat Children from the Grown Ups who demand that the kids become responsible.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Con DA DRUNK CRAZY LOSER'S SPAM & EGGS "time"
Remember when you ran away and I got on my knees and begged you not to
leave because I'd go berserk?? Well...
You left me anyhow and then the days got worse and worse and now you see
I've gone completely out of my mind.. And..
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa
To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be
happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're
coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
Lowell

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Consistent wrote:
Freedom is a scary thing to people that have spent decades interned at an Asylum because Freedom was a scary thing for them.
It all begins with "Responsibility".
Sadly this word too is scary for the children. Sine they never learned to be Responsible, they are frightened by the Freedom of others who can be Free and enjoy Liberty because "Others" did learn Responsibility.
In 2012 the Sheeple crawled under the fences and made it to Polling Places on the ACORN Buses and Re Erected their Iconic Image of a Messiah who will protect the Demokrat Children from the Grown Ups who demand that the kids become responsible.
How right you are.

And many of the Sheepie are Hmong and other recent imports who only understand something for nothing.

They were bussed to polling places with absentee ballots and swung the election. The 2012 election was a fraud. Maybe in 4 years the country will wake up and hear the birds sing and vote a president who will do what's best for the Country NOT what's best for those who are simply on the dole.

If not the defecit will destroy the USA as we know it. BTW Obama would be OK with that.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Lowell wrote:
<quoted text>
How right you are.
And many of the Sheepie are Hmong and other recent imports who only understand something for nothing.
They were bussed to polling places with absentee ballots and swung the election. The 2012 election was a fraud. Maybe in 4 years the country will wake up and hear the birds sing and vote a president who will do what's best for the Country NOT what's best for those who are simply on the dole.
If not the defecit will destroy the USA as we know it. BTW Obama would be OK with that.
I too, worry about your mental "defecit", but since your points are as poor as your spelling....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Minneapolis Discussions

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 27 min joey 31,844
The truth about arab aggression against israel 2 hr Captain Yesterday 17
Global cooling 'undeniable,' scientists say 2 hr Captain Yesterday 10
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr EASTER 26,172
The Impeachment Delusion 6 hr Seattle Slime 9
Get away from the cities and all the crime 9 hr Bellweather 4
Springtime in Chicago 9 hr Bellweather 28
•••
•••