EU calls on Armenia to close nuclear plant

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

I hope it BLOWS

Ankeny, IA

#1 Mar 21, 2013
The European Union has called on Armenia to halt operations at the country’s Metsamor nuclear plant due to safety concerns.

“We are still concerned about the use of the nuclear power plant. We have appealed to the government of Armenia, asking it to develop a program. We are ready to negotiate the alternative solutions on how to ensure its energy security after the plan is shut down,” said Traian Hristea, the head of the European Union Delegation in Armenia, said in a recent report titled “European Neighborhood Policy on Armenia.”

Hristea said the issue of the use of the Metsamor nuclear power plant was one of the main issues on the agenda of Armenia-EU relations.

The plant was built in 1970 and is situated in an earthquake zone just 25 kilometers from the Turkish border. Metsamor is a major concern for neighboring countries, and analysts say Turkey, Iran and Azerbaijan would be the most affected by an accident at the plant.

The nuclear plant was closed in 1988, during the Soviet era, after a devastating earthquake centered on Gyumri killed around 25,000 people. Metsamor resumed operations in 1995.
I hope it BLOWS

Ankeny, IA

#2 Mar 21, 2013
Afterwards I hope these neighboring countries attack Armenia with a bloodlust for their very souls and upon realizing that the armenaling has sacrificed their soul for the Sake of Lenins' dream their very existence..... Armenia is a godless nation and deserves to be wiped off the map
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#3 Mar 21, 2013
Moronic postings ? CHECK !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the NON affordable care act (Oct '13) 16 min Go Blue Forever 261
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr No no no and no 32,762
Elizabeth warren 14 hr Space ace 5
Fall colors in the Twin Cities: where to find them 15 hr Blackbama 1
And they thought Bush was a war monger. 16 hr Blackbama 7
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 18 hr BIG_STEVIE 26,296
Pohlads' $250 million tax showdown with IRS beg... 18 hr cowboy chris 2

Minneapolis Jobs

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]