Shooter Now: T. Denny Sanford's gift ...

Shooter Now: T. Denny Sanford's gift puts U over stadium fund goal

There are 16 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 21, 2009, titled Shooter Now: T. Denny Sanford's gift puts U over stadium fund goal. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

As expected, University of Minnesota grad T. Denny Sanford was announced this morning as the $6 million donor that moves the Gophers past their $86 million TCF Bank Stadium fundraising goal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

“Don't Say Like Dat”

Since: May 08

Jerusalem

#1 May 21, 2009
are these fact's ? or speculations Shooter ?
truth hurts

Minneapolis, MN

#2 May 21, 2009
6 mill, no problem. I'll just raise peoples interest rates on their credit cards for no reason. Ohh, and I can raise the late fees on a 500 dollar card to 39 bucks. Gettin rich is easy!!
No way

Saint Cloud, MN

#3 May 21, 2009
Is this the guy who moved to SD because they have no taxes or services, charges 29% interest on his credit cards,and pledged 35 mil for the Gopher stadium in 03 but backed out when he couldn't dictate construction procedures? What happened to the old days when people just gave anonamously without expecting anything in return, no recognition, just the feeling of doing something good?
nstpaul

Minneapolis, MN

#4 May 21, 2009
I will give a hundred dollars to have a bathroom stall named after me!
Jesse Ventura

Stillwater, MN

#5 May 21, 2009
Wild sucks just like the North Stars
Doc T

Daytona Beach, FL

#6 May 21, 2009
AJ can remain on the ballot - it just won't matter. He was a decent player, but not good enough to be an all-time anything. Interesting that filling the GM role for the Wild was easy while the same cannot be said of the T-Wolves. The Wild are a class act as an organization and the new owner just might pump renewal into the team.
umm

Minneapolis, MN

#7 May 21, 2009
Looks like a good hire. Pens' assistant coach to be Wild head coach? Wouldn't be a bad idea...

What a contrast - pick of the litter for the Wild.
Bottom of the barrel for the wolves.

Now, sign Gabby, pick up free agent S. Koivu, and a goal scorer (you know Gabs will get hurt again).
umm

Minneapolis, MN

#8 May 21, 2009
Jesse Ventura wrote:
Wild sucks just like the North Stars
Thanks for your priceless input. You thoughtful contribution is appreciated. Really.
Jesse Ventura

Stillwater, MN

#9 May 21, 2009
umm wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your priceless input. You thoughtful contribution is appreciated. Really.
Shut up Jack. The Timberwolves are way better than the Wild. Xcel Energy Center is a dump. Target Center is a best Jack.
DD Austin

Ridgeland, MS

#10 May 21, 2009
Fletcher will do a great job with the Wild, but Khan will find out he got CONNED! Ya gotta feel for the guy!
bcw352019

Minneapolis, MN

#11 May 21, 2009
Thank God Tom Lynn and Regis "Pierre" McGuire did not get the job. Chuck Fletcher is/was far and away the best candidate for GM of the Wild. There might be an initial down period to get every piece in place, but I'm sure every Wild fan like myself is willing to wait so long as there was a change in team philosophy. Hopefully he knows what he's doing and can deliver a championship quality team to a city and state that so surely deserves it.
Grant

Saint Paul, MN

#12 May 21, 2009
umm wrote:
Looks like a good hire. Pens' assistant coach to be Wild head coach? Wouldn't be a bad idea...
What a contrast - pick of the litter for the Wild.
Bottom of the barrel for the wolves.
Now, sign Gabby, pick up free agent S. Koivu, and a goal scorer (you know Gabs will get hurt again).
I wish we could grab Saku but he hates playing with his brother. He wouldnt ever sign here, he said that. But how bout the Sedin twins?
Jimmy

United States

#13 May 21, 2009
A few years back, T. Denny Sanford wanted to give $35 million AND have the new stadium named after him, among other things. The university declined. Now he has agreed to give $6 million and have the athletics hall of fame named after him. Hmmmm, what's the opposite of an anonymous donor?
Danko

Orlando, FL

#14 May 22, 2009
Grant wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish we could grab Saku but he hates playing with his brother. He wouldnt ever sign here, he said that. But how bout the Sedin twins?
He said that huh? Care to share where you heard that false rumor?
Hockey Bob

Minneapolis, MN

#15 May 22, 2009
"But how bout the Sedin twins?"

You mean the Sedin sisters? They couldn't throw a check if it was taped to a golf ball; nothing but a couple of little wimps.
Friend of Sid

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#16 May 22, 2009
Where's Joe Lein when you need him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 3 hr _Zoey_ 321
Judge orders Kentucky clerk jailed 6 hr Ozzy 8
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 6 hr Into The Night 34,489
Congressman John Kline runs away and hides 7 hr Little Boy Blue 3
Did you hear the one about ... 7 hr Little Boy Blue 3
clinton probe extends to key aides 7 hr Phineas 69
Another Government FAILURE Vet benifits (Mar '13) 8 hr LIbErals 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages