DFLers propose 7-cent tax increase on beer pints

Apr 15, 2013 Full story: City Pages 10

Today, House DFLers unveiled their proposed tax bill, and it's bad news for those of you who like to drink.

Full Story

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#1 Apr 15, 2013
Sin taxes. A Democrat's best friend.

Tell me how this is not one of the most regressive taxes around. Same with cigarettes.

The Libs say they want to only "tax the rich" and then they turn around and piss on the poor. And the low information voters are too stupidto realize how their beloved DFL is screwing them on a daily basis.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#2 Apr 15, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
Tell me how this is not one of the most regressive taxes around. Same with cigarettes.
The Libs say they want to only "tax the rich" and then they turn around and piss on the poor. And the low information voters are too stupidto realize how their beloved DFL is screwing them on a daily basis.
Two issues: One a growing Micro/Craft Beer industry in the area and two, the people who can least afford it, will be the one paying for it. Stomp on the job creators and to hell with the poor!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#3 Apr 15, 2013
It is the blind leading the blind down a path paved with broken glass and flint shards.

Any one with half a brain can see through that "tax the rich" BS. Especially since it is coming from people who, by their own definition, are rich.

How is it that they are that dumb and still living? Darwin is not working fast enough.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#4 Apr 15, 2013
Sorry cant/con,

We simply cannot afford your "care".

Of course, Irish drunks will whine....

"Clark justified increasing the state's liquor tax by pointing out a Minnesota Department of Health study from 2011 that found costs to the state associated with alcohol abuse are about 17 times greater than the money brought in from liquor taxes. During a news conference today, House Speaker Paul Thissen, D-Minneapolis, provided a similar rationale."
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#5 Apr 16, 2013
Yeah, why are you so dumb and whiny, when I told you how to make MONEY !!!

$11.54 +1.25 (+12.15%)

IMMR !!!

I mentioned this, right ???

Funny, I told you kids @$4.50, but none of you bought ??? Guess, dumb & broke suits you, huh ??? LMAOROTFU ~!

Rogers, MN

#6 Apr 16, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
All "sin" taxes are regressive. They are self defeating in that they drive business away, reduce the business ability to hire, and as mentioned, they hit the low to middle income people hardest, as usual. These idiots need to stop spending money on stupid shit. And we need to stop re-electing them,(as in republicans and democrats) over and over again.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#7 Apr 16, 2013
Sorry cant/con,

"Clark justified increasing the state's liquor tax by pointing out a Minnesota Department of Health study from 2011 that found costs to the state associated with alcohol abuse are about 17 times greater than the money brought in from liquor taxes. During a news conference today, House Speaker Paul Thissen, D-Minneapolis, provided a similar rationale."

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#8 Apr 17, 2013
So is the money to go to the General fund to be used for whatever the DFL wants or will it be designated for alcohol abuse? The study is almost 2 years old, and nowhere in the article does it indicate the additional revenue will all go to reduce or offset the alleged 17 times more deficit on the treatment of alcohol abuse. Another liberal scam!

Rogers, MN

#9 Apr 17, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
So is the money to go to the General fund to be used for whatever the DFL wants or will it be designated for alcohol abuse? The study is almost 2 years old, and nowhere in the article does it indicate the additional revenue will all go to reduce or offset the alleged 17 times more deficit on the treatment of alcohol abuse. Another liberal scam!
And once again, there is an argument to be made that if the effects are so devastating, grow a pair and try to outlaw it again.(not that that would work) Learn to do without the revenue and spend less money.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#10 Apr 17, 2013
Sorry cant/con,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Merry Christmas to all... 2 hr cantmakeitup 1
Mall of America Protest 2 hr cantmakeitup 31
The New York City Mayor 13 hr Bobert Ne Nero 7
2 cops dead THANKS LIBERALS! 13 hr CNN Reporter 21
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... 15 hr American_Sons 17
Benghazi-Gate OBAMA not allowing access to surv... (Mar '13) 18 hr LIbEralS 330
The Army's findings on Bergdahl NOT to be relea... 18 hr Icantbreathe 17
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web