It's here: The scummy anti-gay ad we ...
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#22 Oct 28, 2012
Poor space case, you just HAVE to be a drama queen and pretend the exception is the norm, when you're ANYTHING but normal.
Vote YES

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Oct 28, 2012
Obama on MTV: Gay Marriage Is States' Decision

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/obama-mtv...
Vote YES

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Oct 28, 2012
Chick-fil-A Benefited from Summer's Gay Marriage Flap With More Customer Visits

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/chick-fil-bene...

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#25 Oct 28, 2012
Vote Yes on the Marriage Amendment.
It Is Needed!
CRASSUS

Neenah, WI

#26 Oct 28, 2012
40for60 wrote:
Vote Yes on the Marriage Amendment.
It Is Needed!
Does a yas vote mean you're for gay marriage?
goose

Carol Stream, IL

#27 Oct 28, 2012
Vote YES Crassus ... make my day.
Seattle Slew

Neenah, WI

#28 Oct 28, 2012
goose wrote:
Vote YES Crassus ... make my day.
Will you work the soap for me?
http://www.leistergame.com/product_details.as...
Consistent on Welfare

Minneapolis, MN

#29 Oct 28, 2012
A father was reading Bible stories to his young son. He read, "The man named Lot was warned to take his wife and flee out of the city, but his wife looked back and was turned into a pillar of salt."

His son asked, "What happened to the flea?"
Consistent on Welfare

Minneapolis, MN

#30 Oct 28, 2012
40for60 wrote:
Vote Yes on the Marriage Amendment.
It Is Needed!
Why are you such a hate filled bigot?

Why do you have to try to force your views on others?

You don't believe in freedom, do you.
No Klugie

United States

#31 Oct 28, 2012
The origin of homosexuality is Satanic.
brenda35692

Dane, WI

#32 Oct 28, 2012
if you think that is bad check this out... absolutely sickening http://youtu.be/Q8dvgqAMXWY
Consistent on Welfare

Minneapolis, MN

#33 Oct 28, 2012
Why are you such a hate filled bigot?

Why do you have to try to force your views on others?

You don't believe in freedom, do you.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#34 Oct 28, 2012
Vote 'YES' on the Marriage Amendment

It IS needed!!!!
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#35 Oct 28, 2012
Why are you such a hate filled bigot?

Why do you have to try to force your views on others?

You don't believe in freedom, do you.
anal slew

Saint Paul, MN

#36 Oct 29, 2012
very concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you say is true should these two brothers be allowed to marry if they want to?
"Twincest" is pushing limits in an industry known for extremes. What is it, and why are so many people watching?
By Thomas Rogers
Elijah and Milo Peters
“My brother is my boyfriend, and I am his boyfriend,” says one of the twins during a phone call from Prague (Elijah and Milo sound so much alike on the phone it is impossible to tell which one is speaking).“He is my lifeblood, and he is my only love.”
While the concept of twin performers is not new to the gay porn world, the Peters twins are notable both because of the extent of their popularity and the things they are willing to do with each other on camera. They French kiss; they perform oral sex on each other; they have anal sex; and most shockingly of all, they do it in a tender and romantic way.
http://www.salon.com/2010/05/21/twincest/
Folks that are pro-gay marriage and then won't allow brothers to marry are bigots.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#37 Oct 29, 2012
Marry your brother, Mary....
Renee

Saint Paul, MN

#38 Oct 29, 2012
Max von Essen does not want to be friends with Mitt Romney supporters. The gay actor wrote a letter on Facebook and told people to "unfriend" him if they support the Republican presidential candidate.

The actor, who is currently appearing in the Broadway revival of "Evita," is ironically being what he states to loathe. His anger is so unfounded and so representative of the polarized state of America, that without even considering his friends' feelings, he is willing to give them up over politics.

It is sad.

Max writes in part, "Listen, I know you didn't mean any harm commenting on this post and I like you, we had some great times growing up. But Romney and Ryan believe that I am less than you." One wonders if Mr. von Essen voted in the last election, before President Obama's position on gay marriage "evolved."

Max's heartfelt message is understandable, as the mainstream media and polarizing figures like President Obama have made it clear that a belief in traditional marriage somehow equates to "anti-gay."

It is a lie.

Just like the nation has become so polarized over race, this idea that those on the right have hatred for homosexuals is simply not true. Anyone who dares to support conservative values is demonized.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#39 Oct 29, 2012
Funny, you say Obama "evolved", which must mean Raw Money is wrong... As for who to support, the FACT Obama was willing to keep an open mind and support ALL AMERICANS ...SPEAKS VOLUMES... Mitt head "supports" 53%....
Avon Barksdale

Saint Paul, MN

#43 Nov 3, 2012
very concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you say is true should these two brothers be allowed to marry if they want to?
"Twincest" is pushing limits in an industry known for extremes. What is it, and why are so many people watching?
By Thomas Rogers
Elijah and Milo Peters
“My brother is my boyfriend, and I am his boyfriend,” says one of the twins during a phone call from Prague (Elijah and Milo sound so much alike on the phone it is impossible to tell which one is speaking).“He is my lifeblood, and he is my only love.”
While the concept of twin performers is not new to the gay porn world, the Peters twins are notable both because of the extent of their popularity and the things they are willing to do with each other on camera. They French kiss; they perform oral sex on each other; they have anal sex; and most shockingly of all, they do it in a tender and romantic way.
http://www.salon.com/2010/05/21/twincest/
Wadup width dees whity bro gay MFers?
Unfit Mitt

Minneapolis, MN

#44 Nov 3, 2012
In practically every state where equal marriage has been on the ballot, marriage opponents have made a similar argument: If we don't outlaw equal marriage in the Constitution, schools will teach our children that gay people can get married! It's untrue, but more importantly, it's a deeply homophobic argument that would rightly horrify us if it were applied to any other minority group. Can you imagine the backlash we'd see if an organized group loudly protested that they didn't want their kids to learn that it's okay to marry a Jew?

But as I said, the ad has been run in just about every state where equal marriage was put to a vote. I'd been expecting the same here in Minnesota, and I was surprised I hadn't seen it yet. Well, the long wait is over: Minnesotans for Government-Mandated Discrimination have finally run the scummy ad I've been expecting:

The ad features David and Tonia Parker, Massachusetts parents, who say they didn't want their young son learning about same-sex relationships in school.

"After Massachusetts redefined marriage, local schools taught it to children in second grade, including the school our son attended," David Parker says in the ad....

"If marriage is redefined in Minnesota, same-sex marriage could be taught in public schools, just as it was in Massachusetts," Tonia Parker says in the ad. "Don't make the same mistake and think gay marriage won't affect you."

Where to even start with this trash? Let's start with this: MGMD is purposefully trying to distract from the issue at hand: Do we really want to write discrimination into our constitution? Should we permanently deny our citizens the right to marry whoever they love?

Because some people apparently think this would be a big problem, let me also stress that this ad is misleading. As I mentioned above, it is legal to marry a Jew (for now, at least -- who knows where this slippery slope will lead us). Is that taught in our schools? Not that I'm aware of. And why would it be? Our schools don't teach kids about marriage, and even if they did, it would be odd in the extreme to then go through a litany of people you're allowed to get married to.

I'd be remiss if I didn't also address the rampant bigotry and homophobia underlying this argument. The inescapable assumption behind the ad is that homosexuality is somehow an evil thing that our children must somehow be sheltered from. Equal marriage opponents claim they don't have a problem with gays and lesbians; this argument shows their true colors.

While there's no reason for our schools to teach children about marriage, why shouldn't our children to respect others, including gays and lesbians? Our children will grow up in a multicultural, pluralistic society. Of course they need to learn to to get along with others, regardless of race, color, creed, sexual orientation, and so on. Do we want our schools teaching our children that gays, African Americans, Jews, and other groups are "others" to be hated and feared?

This ad neatly sums up the differences between the two sides of this argument. They're as stark as love and hate. What's most important? Protecting the right of people who love each other to marry the person they choose? Or giving in to fear and hatred of people who in reality are just like us?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mohamed Noor, Somali American cop who allegedly... 8 min They cannot kill ... 49
White Lives Matter 26 min Billie jean 5
Affirmative Action/Somalis 35 min Genl Forrest 25
News Australian 'healer' mourned after shooting by M... 54 min 16 TEEN SHOTS chi... 27
uss liberty, lavon affair (Jun '16) 1 hr LAVON AFFAIR 4
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr WHAT 37,113
Teach our kids to hate them 2 hr Cat Man 7

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages