It's here: The scummy anti-gay ad we all saw coming

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 49 Comments Last updated Mar 11, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Consistent on Welfare

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Oct 26, 2012
In practically every state where equal marriage has been on the ballot, marriage opponents have made a similar argument: If we don't outlaw equal marriage in the Constitution, schools will teach our children that gay people can get married! It's untrue, but more importantly, it's a deeply homophobic argument that would rightly horrify us if it were applied to any other minority group. Can you imagine the backlash we'd see if an organized group loudly protested that they didn't want their kids to learn that it's okay to marry a Jew?

But as I said, the ad has been run in just about every state where equal marriage was put to a vote. I'd been expecting the same here in Minnesota, and I was surprised I hadn't seen it yet. Well, the long wait is over: Minnesotans for Government-Mandated Discrimination have finally run the scummy ad I've been expecting:

The ad features David and Tonia Parker, Massachusetts parents, who say they didn't want their young son learning about same-sex relationships in school.

"After Massachusetts redefined marriage, local schools taught it to children in second grade, including the school our son attended," David Parker says in the ad....

"If marriage is redefined in Minnesota, same-sex marriage could be taught in public schools, just as it was in Massachusetts," Tonia Parker says in the ad. "Don't make the same mistake and think gay marriage won't affect you."

Where to even start with this trash? Let's start with this: MGMD is purposefully trying to distract from the issue at hand: Do we really want to write discrimination into our constitution? Should we permanently deny our citizens the right to marry whoever they love?

Because some people apparently think this would be a big problem, let me also stress that this ad is misleading. As I mentioned above, it is legal to marry a Jew (for now, at least -- who knows where this slippery slope will lead us). Is that taught in our schools? Not that I'm aware of. And why would it be? Our schools don't teach kids about marriage, and even if they did, it would be odd in the extreme to then go through a litany of people you're allowed to get married to.

I'd be remiss if I didn't also address the rampant bigotry and homophobia underlying this argument. The inescapable assumption behind the ad is that homosexuality is somehow an evil thing that our children must somehow be sheltered from. Equal marriage opponents claim they don't have a problem with gays and lesbians; this argument shows their true colors.

While there's no reason for our schools to teach children about marriage, why shouldn't our children to respect others, including gays and lesbians? Our children will grow up in a multicultural, pluralistic society. Of course they need to learn to to get along with others, regardless of race, color, creed, sexual orientation, and so on. Do we want our schools teaching our children that gays, African Americans, Jews, and other groups are "others" to be hated and feared?

This ad neatly sums up the differences between the two sides of this argument. They're as stark as love and hate. What's most important? Protecting the right of people who love each other to marry the person they choose? Or giving in to fear and hatred of people who in reality are just like us?
very concerned

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Oct 26, 2012
People could see this coming since the 70s. They could forecast the liberal gay agenda and tried to pass the Briggs Initiative to stop the promotion of the gay lifestyle in our public schools. Now they promote the gay agenda by calling it social diversity in the classrooms.

Robb and Robin Wirthlin's Story


Here's the public schools future.

High School Lesson Plans -

Identity/Diversity ... Hunting for Diversity. Advocates for ... Students gain an understanding of a different experience among gays.
http://mazzonicenter.org/sites/default/files/...

Will there be enoough time in the school day for students to learn the 3 Rs and also be brainwashed about the diversity of problems a minority has with their choice of behavior?
very concerned

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Oct 26, 2012
Consistent on Welfare wrote:
They're as stark as love and hate. What's most important? Protecting the right of people who love each other to marry the person they choose? Or giving in to fear and hatred of people who in reality are just like us?
If what you say is true should these two brothers be allowed to marry if they want to?

"Twincest" is pushing limits in an industry known for extremes. What is it, and why are so many people watching?

By Thomas Rogers

Elijah and Milo Peters

“My brother is my boyfriend, and I am his boyfriend,” says one of the twins during a phone call from Prague (Elijah and Milo sound so much alike on the phone it is impossible to tell which one is speaking).“He is my lifeblood, and he is my only love.”

While the concept of twin performers is not new to the gay porn world, the Peters twins are notable both because of the extent of their popularity and the things they are willing to do with each other on camera. They French kiss; they perform oral sex on each other; they have anal sex; and most shockingly of all, they do it in a tender and romantic way.

http://www.salon.com/2010/05/21/twincest/
Herb Dolan

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Oct 26, 2012
very concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you say is true should these two brothers be allowed to marry if they want to?
"Twincest" is pushing limits in an industry known for extremes. What is it, and why are so many people watching?
By Thomas Rogers
Elijah and Milo Peters
“My brother is my boyfriend, and I am his boyfriend,” says one of the twins during a phone call from Prague (Elijah and Milo sound so much alike on the phone it is impossible to tell which one is speaking).“He is my lifeblood, and he is my only love.”
While the concept of twin performers is not new to the gay porn world, the Peters twins are notable both because of the extent of their popularity and the things they are willing to do with each other on camera. They French kiss; they perform oral sex on each other; they have anal sex; and most shockingly of all, they do it in a tender and romantic way.
http://www.salon.com/2010/05/21/twincest/
The proponents of homosexual marriage in their TV ads say the freedom to marry should not be limited and government should not interfere and judge morality. They say everyone should have the freedom to marry if they love each other. So if that is true they should allow brothers and others to marry. Why would they want to restrict redefining marriage to just certain homosexuals? What would be the reason as to why brothers can't marry. They can't have biological children together. They could always adopt or have a woman carry their sperm!

If they don't allow brothers to marry then they are bigots like they accuse others of being. These pro-gay marriage folks are not very smart.
LeJumbo

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Oct 27, 2012
very concerned wrote:
People could see this coming since the 70s. They could forecast the liberal gay agenda and tried to pass the Briggs Initiative to stop the promotion of the gay lifestyle in our public schools. Now they promote the gay agenda by calling it social diversity in the classrooms.
Robb and Robin Wirthlin's Story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WLHWBWSaW-4XX
Here's the public schools future.
High School Lesson Plans -
Identity/Diversity ... Hunting for Diversity. Advocates for ... Students gain an understanding of a different experience among gays.
http://mazzonicenter.org/sites/default/files/...
Will there be enoough time in the school day for students to learn the 3 Rs and also be brainwashed about the diversity of problems a minority has with their choice of behavior?
This is very troubling. This will be a fundamental change to our society. It is not the hope and change we want or need. This Country has larger issues to confront as a society than to pander to a deviant minority group.

Vote YES for the marriage amendment to limit mariage between a man and a woman.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#6 Oct 27, 2012
Consistent on Welfare wrote:
Where to even start with this trash? Let's start with this: MGMD is purposefully trying to distract from the issue at hand: Do we really want to write discrimination into our constitution? Should we permanently deny our citizens the right to marry whoever they love?
Simple answer is YES, marriage is an exclusive group, not to be tampered with.
Marry whoever they love is a very broad inclusion, talk about a slippery slope!
Vote YES
Obviously it is NEEDED
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#7 Oct 27, 2012
Love in marriage SCARES YOU ???? LMAOROTFU~!
Dontgiveacrap

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Oct 27, 2012
It looks like no one is falling for a cut and paste by a troll who has the username Consistent on Welfare!
Big surprise: Vote YES!!!!!!!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#9 Oct 27, 2012
Poor child, we all read it and agree, you're a mindless drunk...
Harvey Milk

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Oct 27, 2012
Coming to a school near you. Get used to it bigots. We are going to force this on you whether you like it or not.

**********

*** LOVE ***

**********

California Brings Gay History Into The Classroom

by Ana Tintocalis July 22, 2011

Gay history is now a requirement in California public schools because of a new state law that says the contributions of gays and lesbians must be included in social studies instruction. Now teachers are figuring out how to incorporate the new material into their classes.

Teachers Take Lessons On New Lessons

Even though the first day of school is a long way off, teacher Eleanor Pracht-Smith is getting her lesson plans together. She's from a small district near Sacramento, but she and other educators traveled to San Francisco to learn about how they can address gay and lesbian issues in the classroom.

The law adds lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Americans to a long list of groups that should be represented in social studies classes, such as African-Americans or Mexican-Americans. Pracht-Smith says she's a bit conflicted about how she'll put the law into practice.

"I feel like we're labeling if we're saying that, this person contributed to history and by the way, they are such and such," she says. "It seems like we're meeting a quota, and that I don't like," she says.

Not everyone is supportive. Randy Thomasson is with the nonprofit group Save California, and he says teaching gay history will simply distract students and teachers.

"This is not tolerant, it's promoting something," Thomasson says. "If you go into a classroom with second graders and say,'Let me tell you about a man who was really attracted to other men.' Those kids will squirm, they'll bust up laughing. Why? They're not even sexually developed."

The new law means California will begin buying new textbooks that include gay and lesbian history once the state budget improves. California is one of the biggest buyers of teaching materials in the U.S. That means these textbooks will most likely be offered to other states as well.

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/22/138504488/calif...
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#12 Oct 27, 2012
Poor old man, it's amusing you're "saving" children progress, because ANYONE not YOU, must be wrong, right ???

So, how is Ron Paul, your candidate doing ???

Sorry pal, just like divorces in the 70s, families structures change...
Wayne

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Oct 27, 2012
Consistent on Welfare wrote:
<quoted text>
It's about time that gays are not ignored in schools.
Wake up America.

A perverted lifestyle should not be promoted above the breadth requirements required to have the skills neccessary to function productively in an adult working enviornment. There are kids that graduate that can barely read and write let alone do math skills. The education focus needs to be on those core subjects and not social engineering experimentation. It's impossible to make all minority groups happy and there is not the time nor the money in a public school setting to promote alternative lifestyles. My God people the country is over 16 trillion in debt and climbing. We can't afford all of these liberal ideas and crusades.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#14 Oct 27, 2012
Actually, having kids understand different lifestyles will be EXTREMELY valuable in the modern world, unless of course you're a retired moron, who cannot get laid....

See child, knowing how to behave around different types of people lets you work with them, rather than spout asininities on the web, from your mommies basement...
Wayne

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Oct 27, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
Actually, having kids understand different lifestyles will be EXTREMELY valuable in the modern world, unless of course you're a retired moron, who cannot get laid....
See child, knowing how to behave around different types of people lets you work with them, rather than spout asininities on the web, from your mommies basement...
Please tell us who would want to work with you?
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#16 Oct 27, 2012
The post wasn't to a lazy guy who considers dumb comments here, YOUR JOB....
scummy gay teaching

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Oct 28, 2012
very concerned wrote:
People could see this coming since the 70s. They could forecast the liberal gay agenda and tried to pass the Briggs Initiative to stop the promotion of the gay lifestyle in our public schools. Now they promote the gay agenda by calling it social diversity in the classrooms.
Robb and Robin Wirthlin's Story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WLHWBWSaW-4XX
Here's the public schools future.
High School Lesson Plans -
Identity/Diversity ... Hunting for Diversity. Advocates for ... Students gain an understanding of a different experience among gays.
http://mazzonicenter.org/sites/default/files/...
Will there be enoough time in the school day for students to learn the 3 Rs and also be brainwashed about the diversity of problems a minority has with their choice of behavior?
Briggs Initiative

California Proposition 6 was an initiative on the California State ballot on November 7, 1978, and was more commonly known as The Briggs Initiative. Sponsored by John Briggs, a conservative state legislator from Orange County, the failed initiative would have banned gays and lesbians, and possibly anyone who supported gay rights, from working in California's public schools. The Briggs Initiative was the first failure in a movement that started with the successful campaign headed by Anita Bryant and her organization Save Our Children in Dade County, Florida to repeal a local gay rights ordinance.

Openly gay San Francisco native and politician Harvey Milk was instrumental in fighting the measure, and opposition from a variety of public figures from California Governor Ronald Reagan to President Jimmy Carter helped to defeat it. Public opinion swung fairly quickly from general support of Proposition 6 to what became overwhelming opposition.

Text

The initiative provided that a public school teacher, teacher's aide, administrator, or counselor could be fired if the employee was found to have engaged in either "public homosexual activity," which the initiative defined as an act of homosexual sex which was "not discreet and not practiced in private, whether or not such act, at the time of its commission, constituted a crime," or "public homosexual conduct," which the initiative defined as "the advocating, soliciting, imposing, encouraging or promoting of private or public homosexual activity directed at, or likely to come to the attention of, schoolchildren and/or other employees."

The employee would be terminated if the school board, after a hearing, determined by a preponderance of the evidence that the employee had engaged in "public homosexual activity" or "public homosexual conduct" and "that said activity or conduct render[ed] the employee unfit for service." The factors that the board would consider in the determination of "unfitness for service" would "include, but not be limited to: the likelihood that the activity or conduct may adversely affect students or other employees; the proximity or remoteness in time or location of the conduct to the employee's responsibilities; the extenuating or aggravating circumstances which, in the judgment of the board, must be examined in weighing the evidence; and whether the conduct included acts, words or deeds, of a continuing or comprehensive nature which would tend to encourage, promote or dispose schoolchildren toward private or public homosexual activity or private or public homosexual conduct."

The initiative further provided that a person could not be hired as a public school teacher, teacher's aide, administrator, or counselor if the person had "engaged in public homosexual activity or public homosexual conduct should the board determine that said activity or conduct render[ed] the person unfit for service.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briggs_Initiativ...
scummy gay teaching

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Oct 28, 2012
Angry radical 'Loving and tolerant' homosexual activist throws a pie in Anita Bryant's face.

Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Oct 28, 2012
Gays exist, they've always existed, they exist in every culture, no amount of praying or treatment takes the gay away (just look at how many religious leaders are later busted for having gay sex). Sexuality is a innate drive, not a behavior and cannot be changed. You can not deny the existence of homosexuality and your children will hear about it at some point in their life. People can be responsible parents and tell the truth about sexuality of all kinds with age appropriate talks. The alternative is to lie to children, even if that lie is based on religion, it is still a lie.

Our country is based on "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness", "Liberty and justice for all" and "Equal protection under the law" for all its citizens, you can not push your discriminatory religious teachings down other peoples throats and be aligned with the ideals of the United States of America.
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Oct 28, 2012
scummy gay teaching wrote:
Angry radical 'Loving and tolerant' homosexual activist throws a pie in Anita Bryant's face.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dS91gT3XT_AXX
The bigoted b*tch deserved it.
The Real Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Oct 28, 2012
Truth wrote:
Gays exist, they've always existed, they exist in every culture, no amount of praying or treatment takes the gay away (just look at how many religious leaders are later busted for having gay sex). Sexuality is a innate drive, not a behavior and cannot be changed. You can not deny the existence of homosexuality and your children will hear about it at some point in their life. People can be responsible parents and tell the truth about sexuality of all kinds with age appropriate talks. The alternative is to lie to children, even if that lie is based on religion, it is still a lie.
Our country is based on "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness", "Liberty and justice for all" and "Equal protection under the law" for all its citizens, you can not push your discriminatory religious teachings down other peoples throats and be aligned with the ideals of the United States of America.
If what you say is true should these two brothers be allowed to marry if they want to?

"Twincest" is pushing limits in an industry known for extremes. What is it, and why are so many people watching?

By Thomas Rogers

Elijah and Milo Peters

“My brother is my boyfriend, and I am his boyfriend,” says one of the twins during a phone call from Prague (Elijah and Milo sound so much alike on the phone it is impossible to tell which one is speaking).“He is my lifeblood, and he is my only love.”

While the concept of twin performers is not new to the gay porn world, the Peters twins are notable both because of the extent of their popularity and the things they are willing to do with each other on camera. They French kiss; they perform oral sex on each other; they have anal sex; and most shockingly of all, they do it in a tender and romantic way.

http://www.salon.com/2010/05/21/twincest/

The proponents of homosexual marriage in their TV ads say the freedom to marry should not be limited and government should not interfere and judge morality. They say everyone should have the freedom to marry if they love each other. So if that is true they should allow brothers and others to marry. Why would they want to restrict redefining marriage to just certain homosexuals? What would be the reason as to why brothers can't marry. They can't have biological children together. They could always adopt or have a woman carry their sperm!

If they don't allow brothers to marry then they are bigots like they accuse others of being. The Homosexual Agenda has been exposed for what it is and that is a perverted devient lifestyle with diseased minds. The Country has become more perverted because more and more Americans have perverted minds.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abbott Northwestern Hospital any good? 41 min Hybrid 15
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 1 hr Martha 39
Drop one word....add one word game 4 hr Silly times 83
Minnesota’s Martyrs: The Path to Paradise 10 hr Capt Crunch 4
Cambridge Mace's Lane Middle School Teacher on ... 10 hr Capt Crunch 10
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 10 hr SpaceBlues 32,447
Dem senator claims male colleague told her: Don... 10 hr Think about it 5
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••