We've got a beef with fast food
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Dec 5, 2012
space ace wrote:
Any worker over the age of 18 deserves to make a living wage.
Would you rather subsidize his family, housing and health care through your taxes?
In college, I managed a couple of fast food restaurants while I worked my way through. The way they are set up for profit margin, McDonalds makes about 6 -9% net. Labor input into food is usually at 20 - 25% of the price of that food. Using that multiplier, if the cost of labor more than doubles, you can either have half the employees do the work and automate more, or you can more than double the price of the food. Either the restaurant employs fewer people, or the price of the food lowers their market share. Hmmm..........I can buy a Big Mac for $10, or I can go somewhere else to eat.

If Josh wants to make a living wage, he should improve his skill set.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Dec 5, 2012
space ace wrote:
Any worker over the age of 18 deserves to make a living wage.
Would you rather subsidize his family, housing and health care through your taxes?
What is the hourly wage that you believe is equitable?

Smart Liberal

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#25 Dec 5, 2012
space ace wrote:
<quoted text>
What if he is? He's still entitled to a living wage, a wife and kids, a home , enough to eat and economic security.
He is not entitled to a god damned thing. You really need to call yourself Space Cadet.
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Dec 5, 2012
space ace wrote:
<quoted text>
What if he is? He's still entitled to a living wage, a wife and kids, a home , enough to eat and economic security.
These are private companies or francises. He isn't "entitled" to anything. He doesn't deserve anything. He gets what the market pays for similar jobs and similar work, unless he decides to work in a different field, where the prevailing wages are different. By the way, this isn't China, India, Nepal, or Saudi Arabia. He also is not entitled to a wife.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#27 Dec 5, 2012
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. So what? Do your comments mean you think that some dufus standing at a register asking if you want fries with that Happy Meal should make $15 per hour?
Do you really think that person contributes that much per hour to the profits of the establishment?
no. not at that amount of pay.
but it is better than them getting unemployment. at least they are employed in a job. one that if they work weekends. they have at least two days somewhere M thru F to go looking for a much better paying job.
as for the retired folks. many grew up working nearly their entire lives. it helps keeps them busy and feeling needed.
I know that teens could use the experience from working such places. but if a adult is out of a job. it at least can help slightly financially. and in many ways, emotionally that they are doing something instead of being on their rump. and or being on the dole.
and in those cases, the job should at least go to a family man or woman to help eke out a bit of a living to keep going. instead of to a teen. at least till that adult finds a much better job, as in type of work and pay.
CRASSUS

Neenah, WI

#28 Dec 5, 2012
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
no. not at that amount of pay.
but it is better than them getting unemployment. at least they are employed in a job. one that if they work weekends. they have at least two days somewhere M thru F to go looking for a much better paying job.
as for the retired folks. many grew up working nearly their entire lives. it helps keeps them busy and feeling needed.
I know that teens could use the experience from working such places. but if a adult is out of a job. it at least can help slightly financially. and in many ways, emotionally that they are doing something instead of being on their rump. and or being on the dole.
and in those cases, the job should at least go to a family man or woman to help eke out a bit of a living to keep going. instead of to a teen. at least till that adult finds a much better job, as in type of work and pay.
Teens wipe their arses with the meat patties. So do Mexicans.
Jack

Saint Paul, MN

#30 Dec 5, 2012
CRASSUS wrote:
<quoted text>Teens wipe their arses with the meat patties. So do Mexicans.
They know your special order. That's called good service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Davy crockett fake news 3 hr Phineus 16
Dems lose montana special election 22 hr Davycrockett 9
Aaron- Mortalenama Fri Eat BBQ 1
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) Thu WildLifeLover 700
Democrats call for impeachment Thu okimar 61
Does anyone remember the Rendezvous in Minneapo... May 25 Curious 1
Slimeball Trump May 23 Space ace 21

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance