Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

http://smallcraftadvisorychronicles.blogspot....

I am not in favor of abbreviations or acronyms playing a prominent role in our daily communications with each other. In fact, I despise such practices as causing the age of the great illiteracy. The dawn of the texting generation has especially been responsible for making abbreviated communications ubiquitous. For the most part I am not even in favor of contractions, I consider them tools of literary sloth.
The danger incurred to society with the increase of abbreviated communications is that as goes our written communications so goes our cognitive abilities. One who writes in abbreviations is only training his mind to think in abbreviations. And the abbreviated mind is less capable of critical thinking and rational thought and more susceptible to being lead by emotion. This is the reason that politicians like Barack Obama are able to get elected speaking complete nonsense. To the weak and abbreviated mind, the nonsensical ramblings sound worthy and true. So when the President says "No one succeeds until we all succeed", the abbreviated mind does not grasp the full implications of that statement, it responds completely with emotion.
A perfect example of the deterioration of the language that is a symptom of abbreviated communication is the expressions "may as well" and "for all intents and purposes", which have respectively become "misewell" and "for all intensive purposes." This combining of words has been encouraged instead of discouraged in our schools and has only accelerated with the modern age of text and email communications. I recently saw a sign in front of a school, advertising some function at the school, and it was replete with abbreviations. I would have hoped that a school, of all places in our society, would have some dedication to literacy.
My rant is not only about preserving the language, but the effect literacy has on civility. I contend that the level of rancor and anti-social behavior rampant in our culture, in some sense can be attributed to the loss of civility that comes as a result of abbreviated communications. "Pardon me" has been transformed into "Huh", which is a digression to our ancestors who lived in caves. How can there be respect between people when they use a bastardized version of the language to communicate with each other? The mitigation of the mind in the process of human communication results in all humanity being removed from our daily interactions with each other. This regression of the species threatens to destroy the advances in the human condition which have grown symbiotically with the development of language and literacy.
Posted by Damon Koch at 5:10 AM

(Just Let Me Say; ROLLMAOJYXDE~Fu!)
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

A Particularly Poignant Point.

"One who writes in abbreviations is only training his mind to think in abbreviations. And the abbreviated mind is less capable of critical thinking and rational thought and more susceptible to being lead by emotion. This is the reason that politicians like Barack Obama are able to get elected speaking complete nonsense. To the weak and abbreviated mind, the nonsensical ramblings sound worthy and true. So when the President says "No one succeeds until we all succeed", the abbreviated mind does not grasp the full implications of that statement, it responds completely with emotion."
Huh

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

An illiterate poster like Consistent posting about "losing our literacy"???
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
An illiterate poster like Consistent posting about "losing our literacy"???
No Integrity Poster of Many Names,

Irony;

You, one of Top 3 stupidest people to ever Post your One-Liner Non-Replies on a Thread, calling ANY other Poster "Illiterate".

What makes you really "Special" is, you lament a cut/paste Article, that was posted to invoke thought.

Have you ever met Sewblomkin or Red Reamer?
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
AN EXPERT !!!! LMAOROTFu ~! Of course, the implication he was ever literate is coffee SPITTING MATERIAL !!!
Funny, he found another dinosaur nut-so to quote, which in teabagger means THAT moron's definitely right ...
this is Definitely not my room.
it's just for tonight.
Have to go back to Wallbrook for dinner, con.
Of course, ANY INSTITUTION can treat you.
Who is this hard Fighting DOJO Master, Slewblomkin?

Our Slewblomkin is a lonely little Pasty Gray Fellow, Un Married, probably a Homosexual that Hates himself, sitting in the Basement of his Home with 2-3 computer screens in front of him.

One Screen has the "Day Traders Ticker" on it, one screen is dedicated to one of the Low Cost Stock Trading Sites on the Web, the last screen has Topix, where he comes on and abuses strangers from his Darkened World in his Basement.

He is a Degenerate Gambler doing Day Trading like a Junkie!

He loses more that he wins, and that is when he really goes off on strangers here who have lives that remind him of his miserable existence in the Basement.

He HATES!, and he tosses out an occasional Leftist Political Perspective, but he is here for the HATE, and he could just as easily toss out Right Wing Perspectives to draw attention to himself.

He needs the stimulation.

Negative or Positive is not important to him. He is a Junkie that just needs Stimulation, and Topix is a readily available source of stimulation for him

I am not being mean when I call him a Sociopath. He has his own little prison in front of those screens, feeding his "Habit".

Thus IMMR, and his other posts about "MONEY". As a dedicated Collectivist, he would not brag about his "MONEY". He is no more a Leftist than a Rightist. He is an Addict.

IMMR is his way of connecting to someone, ANYONE.

He hit the Jackpot on the Slot Machine with IMMR, and he needs to brag about it, but there is nobody in his darkened Basement to Brag too. Topix Victims take the place of living humans, who he cannot interact with because he is feeding his habit all day.

If he made money on paper with IMMR, he will gamble it away, as all Day Traders do.....Then "WE" will really PAY for his pain.

This is one sick Addict that does not leave his basement except for food which he eats at his Screens. I bet he defecates in a Bucket, and keeps Pajama's on all day so that it is easy to slip um down at toilet/bucket time.

The Sociopath may well receive compensation from Topix for posts. He is sitting in front of the screens 16/7, why not make a buck or two off Web Providers.....Topix is probably not the only site that he gets paid for.

You will note that Slewblomkin does his Psycho Rabid Fast Posts at certain times of the day.

Always before 8:00 AM, after 9:30 AM until 10:30 AM, or after 4:00 Pm when the Market is closed and his Ticker is not Current.

This cycle is repeated EVERY day and it is tied to his Addiction as a Degenerate Gambler doing Day Trading in his Jammies, down in the Basement.
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

The Article I cut/paste/attributed did not mention;

The more randomly "Capped" characters that an Dumb'ed Down Citizen uses in the Abbreviations, the Dumber the Citizen.

This phenomena is multiplied if the Dumb'ed Down Citizen uses the Abbreviation multiple times per day.

"LMAOROFU~!"
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Random caps, from a nut-so name calling teabagger...???? SWEET !!!! That's impotent.

LMAOROFU~!
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

I have several Fav's from the Collectivist Newspeakers of the Victim Left in Amerika today.

"Everybody"

(Everybody Knows, Everybody Agrees, Everybody Thinks, Everybody Feels)

"Of Course"

Of course it is George Bushes Fault, Everybody Knows, Everybody Agrees, Everybody Thinks, Everybody Feels.

"Obviously"

Obviously it is Congress's Fault, Obviously what the President meant was that Obviously Everybody Knows, Everybody Agrees, Everybody Thinks, Everybody Feels.

"Clearly"

Clearly you did not hear what he was saying, Clearly what the President meant was, Clearly He/She was not speaking for the President, Clearly the correct context of the quote is that Everybody Knows, Everybody Agrees, Everybody Thinks, Everybody Feels.

Everybody Knows that what was Clearly stated was Obviously a Mis statment by the Enemies of Progress.

And the Sheeple say....

"yup, yup, uh huh, uh huh, yup"...."Wheres my EBT Card?"
Consistent

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

The Truth wrote:
And the drunken right wing extremists rant on...
Ouch!

It Wreally, Wreally, Wreaelly hurts my feelings when you use that "Standard Response" of "The Drunk" all the time just because the "Grand Truth" I expose you too, hurts your frail ego!

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Consistent wrote:
http://smallcraftadvisorychron icles.blogspot.com/
I am not in favor of abbreviations or acronyms playing a prominent role in our daily communications with each other. In fact, I despise such practices as causing the age of the great illiteracy. The dawn of the texting generation has especially been responsible for making abbreviated communications ubiquitous. For the most part I am not even in favor of contractions, I consider them tools of literary sloth.
The danger incurred to society with the increase of abbreviated communications is that as goes our written communications so goes our cognitive abilities. One who writes in abbreviations is only training his mind to think in abbreviations. And the abbreviated mind is less capable of critical thinking and rational thought and more susceptible to being lead by emotion. This is the reason that politicians like Barack Obama are able to get elected speaking complete nonsense. To the weak and abbreviated mind, the nonsensical ramblings sound worthy and true. So when the President says "No one succeeds until we all succeed", the abbreviated mind does not grasp the full implications of that statement, it responds completely with emotion.
A perfect example of the deterioration of the language that is a symptom of abbreviated communication is the expressions "may as well" and "for all intents and purposes", which have respectively become "misewell" and "for all intensive purposes." This combining of words has been encouraged instead of discouraged in our schools and has only accelerated with the modern age of text and email communications. I recently saw a sign in front of a school, advertising some function at the school, and it was replete with abbreviations. I would have hoped that a school, of all places in our society, would have some dedication to literacy.
My rant is not only about preserving the language, but the effect literacy has on civility. I contend that the level of rancor and anti-social behavior rampant in our culture, in some sense can be attributed to the loss of civility that comes as a result of abbreviated communications. "Pardon me" has been transformed into "Huh", which is a digression to our ancestors who lived in caves. How can there be respect between people when they use a bastardized version of the language to communicate with each other? The mitigation of the mind in the process of human communication results in all humanity being removed from our daily interactions with each other. This regression of the species threatens to destroy the advances in the human condition which have grown symbiotically with the development of language and literacy.
Posted by Damon Koch at 5:10 AM
(Just Let Me Say; ROLLMAOJYXDE~Fu!)
shorthand has been a part of life ever since the first secretary started to use it in order to save time and effort of writing. especially when the person had to take dictation from their boss.
back then, recording dictation was done by hand. and with some words being longer in writing than pronouncing. it made sense to use shorthand.
shorthand easily made the leap from being a vital requirement of secretaries to being on the computer. and part of that shorthand is the use of acronyms.
even our military uses acronyms as well. heck the word acronym itself is a acronym. one of the oldest I've known is SNAFU - situation normal all f****d up
The Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Hey, Mr. Grandiosity, you are just a fun diversion to toy with. America doesn't take your crap seriously, and only among the handful of right wing extremists on Topix that all post under multiple names are you even accepted.

You lost. America doesn't buy into your crap. They didn't last November and they won't in November 2014 either.

So rant on, oh deranged drunken one. Your extremist message falls on deaf ears.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE