Minneapolis may ax Columbus DayMinnea...

Minneapolis may ax Columbus DayMinneapolis may ax Columbus DayCity...

There are 17 comments on the St. Cloud Times story from Apr 22, 2014, titled Minneapolis may ax Columbus DayMinneapolis may ax Columbus DayCity.... In it, St. Cloud Times reports that:

Minneapolis may ax Columbus Day on sctimes.com: http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/minnesota/2014/04/22/minneapolis-may-ax-columbus-day/8016405/ The City Council is expected to vote Friday on a resolution that would rename the federal holiday "Indigenous People's Day" on all city communications.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Cloud Times.

ray

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Apr 23, 2014
how stupid
Maagabo

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Apr 23, 2014
there aint no columbus in menapls s why have a day fer her

lets hav a obama day

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#3 Apr 23, 2014
It is ridiculous when you consider that there were really no indigenous people on this continent until they migrated here from the eastern regions of Asia and Europe.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_peopl...
Jay Silverheels

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Apr 23, 2014
Minneapolis should do away with the day that celebrates the start of the destruction of an entire nation of people along with their way of life. In a civilized world, repatriation is what needs to be done. Not celebrating death and destruction.
Trigger

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Apr 23, 2014
Jay Silverheels wrote:
Minneapolis should do away with the day that celebrates the start of the destruction of an entire nation of people along with their way of life. In a civilized world, repatriation is what needs to be done. Not celebrating death and destruction.
Indian nations are thriving on casino revenue, paying NO taxes, with a monopoly on casinos.

Were the Indians living in a "civilized world" prior to Columbus sailing the ocean blue?

PLUS Indians wouldn't have access to alcohol, which they love with all of us, without the Euorpean migration. And they provided access to corn.

If Euorpean's had not found the America's te Indians would still be living like wolves in tribes/nations exposed to the elements and dieing from illness.

Indians are great people and have benefited greatly from Columbus AND the great Europeans have benefited from the Indians. Both peoples have learned to live together and enjoy the American dream.
Whats UR Point Trigger

Honolulu, HI

#6 Apr 23, 2014
Trigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Indian nations are thriving on casino revenue, paying NO taxes, with a monopoly on casinos.
Were the Indians living in a "civilized world" prior to Columbus sailing the ocean blue?
PLUS Indians wouldn't have access to alcohol, which they love with all of us, without the Euorpean migration. And they provided access to corn.
If Euorpean's had not found the America's te Indians would still be living like wolves in tribes/nations exposed to the elements and dieing from illness.
Indians are great people and have benefited greatly from Columbus AND the great Europeans have benefited from the Indians. Both peoples have learned to live together and enjoy the American dream.
You were trying not to appear a louse or a pig-headed fool. You failed. Read History books much?
Trigger

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Apr 23, 2014
Whats UR Point Trigger wrote:
<quoted text>
You were trying not to appear a louse or a pig-headed fool. You failed. Read History books much?
Any Indians in Hawaii?
Denver Nugget

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Apr 24, 2014
And while they are at it dump, MLK day!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#9 Apr 24, 2014
Trigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Any Indians in Hawaii?
There were no indigenous peoples of Hawaii until it was colonized by people from the Marquesas and later Tahiti.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Hawaiians
bigots

Bensalem, PA

#10 May 2, 2014
Minneapolis is a city of Bigots,they hate Italians! Italians did a lot of great things for this country! We have one holiday to celebrate and they take it away but give the key to their Hic city to Muslims who hate and want to kill Americans.....
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#11 May 2, 2014
bigots wrote:
Minneapolis is a city of Bigots,they hate Italians! Italians did a lot of great things for this country! We have one holiday to celebrate and they take it away but give the key to their Hic city to Muslims who hate and want to kill Americans.....
Columbus didn't dicover anything. The Vikings were here first.
Trigger

Saint Paul, MN

#12 May 2, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
Columbus didn't discover anything. The Vikings were here first.
Must be why we keep building them new stadiums.

Now wait the Vikings are owned by a Jewish fella, he isn't a Viking or even a Norwegian. Jews are all from the holy land, arn't they?

But But the Viking players are from Norway, right? Well arn't they from Minnesota?

I'm cornfused, the Indians did give us corn, right?
minneaoplis bigots

Bensalem, PA

#14 May 3, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
Columbus didn't dicover anything. The Vikings were here first.
You"re a Bigot who hates Italians, Why don't you call Columbus day "Minneapolis bigot day"
minneaoplis bigots

Bensalem, PA

#15 May 3, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
Columbus didn't dicover anything. The Vikings were here first.
Oh really, where you there to see it? You saw the Vikings cross the ocean in their little canoes or did the bigots on your city council tell you? Did a Italian steal your wife or girl friend from you? Is that why you hate Italians or are you just a first class bigot and racist!
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#16 May 3, 2014
minneaoplis bigots wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really, where you there to see it? You saw the Vikings cross the ocean in their little canoes or did the bigots on your city council tell you? Did a Italian steal your wife or girl friend from you? Is that why you hate Italians or are you just a first class bigot and racist!
Kind of a reach, don't you think?
Beth

Saint Paul, MN

#17 May 8, 2014
minneaoplis bigots wrote:
<quoted text>
You"re a Bigot who hates Italians, Why don't you call Columbus day "Minneapolis bigot day"
It's VERY CLEAR, if a black persons history holiday racism WOULD BE CITED!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#18 May 8, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of a reach, don't you think?
Kind of sounds like redeemer, don't you think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US Womens Soccer 2 hr Soccer Crassus 1
3 Mpls. shootings, 2 downtown after bars close,... 4 hr Dr Crassus Lector... 3
blasted drunk 5 hr space ace 5
For African immigrants, St. Paul starting to fe... 6 hr American Crassus 7
Police investigate 5 separate shootings in Milw... 6 hr American Crassus 2
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 15 hr Analog man 286
I'm Voting for Trump 20 hr space ace 16
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages