Do food trucks hurt skyway restaurants? Downtown Food Committee to address the issue

Jan 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: City Pages

Are the food trucks that Minneapolis diners seem to love so much causing undo harm to existing businesses? Are they given an unfair competitive advantage by the state that traditional brick-and-mortars can't compete against? A group referring to itself as the Downtown Food Committee seems to think so.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Miss Piggy

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Minneapolis is so provincial! This question would never even be asked in New York City, or any other place that wants to be 'One Of The Big Boys!'
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Poor moron, business is grown by tax payers, not fly by night wannabees...
Robert Kincaid

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

The food trucks certainly are not hurting business to skyway food establishments this week. I understand the position of the 'brick-and-mortars'. However, there is a simple solution for them to be able to better compete with the food trucks, put out better food.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Robert Kincaid wrote:
The food trucks certainly are not hurting business to skyway food establishments this week. I understand the position of the 'brick-and-mortars'. However, there is a simple solution for them to be able to better compete with the food trucks, put out better food.
part of the reason the skyway food establishments are not hurting.
is that many folks do not like going outside in foul weather. some folks have not left the indoors for weeks. since they dont like being outside in the cold.
and in the summer. it is cooler in those skyways than it is on the street on some days. even when the ac is not working very well.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Nothing wrong with a little healthy competition. The so called "brick and mortars" need to create incentives for their customers to come in and sit down, instead of stand and wolf down.
pffollar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Brick n mortar shops need to step up their game. Serv better food n more choices. With less vow me. I want to have an experience when I eat. Not I'm doing them a favor by eating at their shop. Step it up! Stop saying vow me
Miss Piggy

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
Poor moron, business is grown by tax payers, not fly by night wannabees...
I'm sure you know all there is about running a business from a dank basement. But, business is grown by the clients, and what makes you think the food trucks, and their employees don't pay taxes?
Taxes, another subject you know NOTHING about. LMFAO at ignorant trolls!!!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Try again, that was especially stupid, even for a farm animal....

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Miss Piggy wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you know all there is about running a business from a dank basement. But, business is grown by the clients, and what makes you think the food trucks, and their employees don't pay taxes?
Taxes, another subject you know NOTHING about. LMFAO at ignorant trolls!!!
you think that they just pop out of the blue into a store area.
it first takes a idea. or a suggestion to the person to create a business. be it a service, or a item. then research on how to make it possible. as well as where to try selling the service/item first. after looking at the home in where can this first be done.
many business at first are either done as a home business. be it in the basement, kitchen, or garage.
like the TMNT franchise. it started as a idea at a kitchen table. and the first issue sold at garage sales.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr litesong 31,805
Get away from the cities and all the crime 2 hr This is GOOD 3
Obama demands 3.7 billion dollars for border cr... 3 hr Bellweather 41
Obama seeks brisk passage of border children fu... 6 hr Schmahl 4
The Impeachment Delusion 6 hr Schmahl 8
The truth about arab aggression against israel 6 hr Schmahl 12
What Is Causing the Kidney Stone Epidemic? 10 hr Gen DeShawn Pedro Patton 9
•••
•••