CISCO laying off to hire Illegals?

CISCO laying off to hire Illegals?

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Aug 15, 2014
In 2013, Cisco, along with other big-business interests, wrote to Congress that "failure to act is not an option" on amnesty legislation even though the Congressional Budget Office determined that the bill in question would lower the wages of American workers. In addition, numerous scholars and studies have debunked the notion that there is a shortage of American high-tech workers, but high-tech companies like Microsoft, Cisco, and Facebook want more guest-worker visas to import more foreign workers.

NOW - A year after insisting that Congress must pass comprehensive amnesty legislation, Cisco announced Wednesday that it would lay off another 6,000 workers, about 8% of its workforce.
According to BizJournals, Cisco has previously announced that "it would lay off 4,000 workers in 2013; 1,300 in 2012; 6,500 in 2011; and 2,000 in 2009." The new layoffs will occur in 2015.
Of Course

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Aug 17, 2014
And one of these companies corporate office is already located in India, like so many are doing now. How about this, They can pay for all the illegals Airline fares and move all the illegals to India and give them a job there.
John gotti

United States

#3 Aug 20, 2014
Good I worked there for 12 years nothing but complaining miserable white people back then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I am a man NOT 4 hr Honor Student 1
minorities 4 hr Honor Student 4
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 12 hr Earthling-1 35,588
Sick hillary Sat LIbEralS 27
Definition of Liberal Fri Family 2
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) Oct 20 LIbEralS 560
Wikileaks highlights Oct 19 LIbEralS 35

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages