Bachmann, Clark trade shots over ... just about everything

Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann, left, and DFL challenger Tarryl Clark agreed jobs are the No. Read more
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Bill

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Oct 26, 2010
Bachman mopped her up. Plain and simple.

Judged:

21

16

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Shank

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Oct 26, 2010
"Clark also criticized Bachmann, a conservative populist, for not working harder to build a record of accomplishment instead of being a voice of opposition.

"It's not enough to be loud. You have to work with people on the other side of the aisle to actually find solutions," Clark said. "

This is the most ludicrous, insane statement of this whole article. We as the citizens of Minnesota want someone who will fight tooth and nail to oppose and shut down just about everything the Obama administration wants to impose. The absolute LAST thing we want is any politician who will actually work to implement the Obama agenda.

Judged:

22

18

17

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Shank

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Oct 26, 2010
Bill wrote:
Bachman mopped her up. Plain and simple.
We missed out on this. There must be another story that came out a few minutes earlier or later than this one. This topic would be filled with hundreds of anti-Bachmann posts by now unless there is a similar story already out there.
Truth test for Ads

Savage, MN

#4 Oct 26, 2010
I wonder how many campaign ads would be allowed to run if they were subjected to a truth test? The fact that there are so many blatant lies, half-truths, and distortions in these ads is a testament to the stupidity of the average American voter. If we had an electorate who were more informed on the issues, they would recognize the misrepresentations by these candidates and hold them to account. Because most Americans know more about what's happening with "Dancing with the Stars" and "Fantasy Football", we'll all continue to be subjected to rubbish instead of intelligent ads that truthfully state a candidate's position on the issues. We have made our problems more difficult to solve at a state and national level because we have voted in politicians who swayed us through fear and lies. We get the government that we deserve.
think about it

United States

#5 Oct 26, 2010
Michelle supports her corporate clan who sent our jobs to other countries with NAFTA. She is giddy in her support of the fatcats who contribute to her campaign.

However, she has the nerve to blame Obama for the loss of jobs in this country.

Really???

Judged:

25

19

17

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
OH YES ITS TRUE ITS TRUE

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Oct 27, 2010
I love it how Bachmann slams president George Bush but when Bush was around, she held onto him like a drunken obsessed prom date never once opposing him.

See Video Here for yourself. Bachmann, biggest hypocrite, idiot, fake, person in all of MN. VOTE HER OUT COME NOV

Judged:

19

17

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
breathe

Burlingame, CA

#8 Oct 27, 2010
Bachmann for senate 2012. Why is this race even getting coverage? Cover the cravaack/oberstar race, where oberstar just got 750k from the dccc because he is in such dire straits. Bachmann is going to win by 12+ points. Oberstar on the other hand is going to be another democrat going down the drain, like the rats they are, one day at a time

Judged:

14

10

6

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new 3 stooges

Ridgecrest, CA

#9 Oct 27, 2010
new 3 stooges - bachman, palin, and the witchlady all 3 will be unemployed soon because their message is so warped

Judged:

15

13

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
FilmAtTen

AOL

#11 Oct 27, 2010
amanda1776 wrote:
Everyone left and right is full of words on how to fix our problems. But it seems we all agree on one issue - we have stopped making goods in America. We just keep buying stuff made abroad.
So ***DO SOMETHING*** besides voting. Buy something truly made in the good old USA. Let me give you an example - I am a small business owner who makes family/casual "thinking" computer games. Our titles are good, but we cannot get past the big publishers owned by the French/Germans/Japanese.
You say you care about where our country is heading? Alright - prove it! Go and see our games for yourself (on ThePlayChannel,com). If you end up spending a dollar on them, your dollar will not cross our borders.
And if you can't spend but still want to help a small US business - just cut, paste and re-distribute with a reference to www.theplaychannel.com A dollar that stays in America is good for America.
As for***DO SOMETHING***,

The next armed American revolution gets closer by the day. The current political races for office proves it, along with the typical "one issue" voter, with the ring in their nose.
Government out of control

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Oct 27, 2010
It is time we the American voters pull our heads out of you know where and start paying attention and doing something about this rag tag laughable government we have elected, there is no politician worth their weight in votes and the only reason they spend millions of dollars getting elected is for the fact they will become a member of the elite society and will be rewarded ten fold, as us moronic tax payers keep treating them as royalty and do anything just to polish their boots. JUST HOW INSANE ARE WE!!
SLJ

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Oct 27, 2010
Bachman is just a loser! She has done nothing! Please vote her out!

Judged:

12

12

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Outsidelookingin

Grantsburg, WI

#17 Oct 27, 2010
new 3 stooges wrote:
new 3 stooges - bachman, palin, and the witchlady all 3 will be unemployed soon because their message is so warped
So, you're saying you favor a message of higher taxes, more regulations, government takeover of private business, a ponzi scheme broken Social Security program, more social programs, more people on the public dole, bigger government, takeover of health care which hikes taxes, fees, and provides lesseer and slower medical services, higher taxes on business and fewer jobs, more companies moving out of Minnesota, and all of the other things the Libs favor? Wow! Hard to imagine there are people out there who like all that.
Sam Curitiba

Beijing, China

#19 Oct 27, 2010
Together, Bachmann and Clark have spent IN EXCESS of 15 MILLION dollars in their dirt-slinging quest for political office? Imagine the good that could be done with that much money to help the downtrodden in these tough economic times. One has to wonder when our priorities became so skewed that the truly needy were ignored in favor of "donating" to power-obsessed megalomaniacs.
Tim

Mankato, MN

#20 Oct 27, 2010
It's hillarious listening to a Democrat tell us how she's going to "create jobs". They've fully exposed their marxist agenda, and it's failed miserably at the state (CA) and federal level, and added another 3.5 trillion to our children's dept burden. The Demonrats have owned Congress since 2006, and destroyed the economy. Their failed "new deal" programs such as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have destroyed the nation's solvency. This woman blames Bachman for "outsourcing jobs", which is hilarious. Apparently, she doesn't understand that her beloved Democrat Party has so destroyed the business environment with punitive taxation, regulation, ObamaCare, and litigation that companies will do anything not to hire, and it's much cheaper to outsource work. I wonder how this brilliant woman's going to turn that around? Let me guess - raise taxes, increase regulation, impose ridiculous EPA standards on manufacturing, etc, etc. The Democrat Party is nothing but the Party of union greed, and greed by the parasites who elect politicians who will steal from the producers and redistribute it to the bottom feeders. It's quite simple. GO BACHMAN!!

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#22 Oct 27, 2010
Ms. Clark exposed all of the lies of MB and the voters of the 6th District are wise enough to know that MB is not the candidate of choice any more.

Ms. Clark will triumph and all of Minnesota will be proud again of their elected Representative in Congress from the 6th District.
Remington

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Oct 27, 2010
IrishMN wrote:
Ms. Clark exposed all of the lies of MB and the voters of the 6th District are wise enough to know that MB is not the candidate of choice any more.
Ms. Clark will triumph and all of Minnesota will be proud again of their elected Representative in Congress from the 6th District.
Spoken like a true die hard liberal, no wit nor wisdom just a set of loose lips and weak mind.
Patricia

New Richmond, WI

#24 Oct 27, 2010
I check out the ads to see what is true or not. Actually, Clark's ads are worse than Bachmann's.
Clark's ad regarding Bachmann's stance on Social Security is misleading; it falsely characterizes Bachmann's position.
I believe it is appropriate to relate national politician's names with Clark because she is a Democrat and will vote for the Democratic agenda if in Congress. Interestingly, I checked out Tarryl Clark's tie-breaking vote that Bachmann's ad talks about. Clark cast the tie-breaking vote only after Senate President Jim Metzen held the voting open for another twenty minutes while they found Clark to come to the floor to vote and break the 33-33 tie. And where was she while everyone else was in the Senate Chamber voting on this most important budget bill? Clark was "Tweeting!" A snarky tweet against Michelle Bachmann was recorded at 3:14pm-while they were looking for her!
Patricia

New Richmond, WI

#25 Oct 27, 2010
Transportation projects? Really? We're going to have to start chartering a helicopter to get anywhere if there are any more road projects! I agree with a young lady (who was laid off from her union machinist job at the time) that said, "The only thing the stimulus package did was buy every da*n orange road cone in the state!"
RoxBoy

Minneapolis, MN

#27 Oct 27, 2010
Clark clearly had the better of Bachmann in this debate - Bachmann was on the defensive the entire time, as it's hard to say what you've done for the district when you haven't done much except go on TV and complain about the current administration. And agreeing with Obama? Please - didn't she famously say he was "anti-American" during the presidential campaign? And that she disagreed with Bush? Please - after she famously groped him for 10 minutes, beaming the entire time, after his State of the Union address?

Bachmann has finally come across a candidate that has called her out and she has nothing to offer in return.

Surprisingly, and to her credit, she agreed with her bad advertising against Clark. Let's see if she'll pull the ads.
Obviously

Minneapolis, MN

#28 Oct 27, 2010
gdpcon wrote:
<quoted text>I will ask you again - aren't you tired of being stupid?
Obviously you are not tired of being stupid by supporting Bachmann who has done nothing her whole political career except kiss and hug George Bush as the highlight. She does not have the time to pass legislation with that busy T.V. tour promoting herself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman, 22, missing after leaving Dinkytown bar 12 hr Billionaire Dayton 3
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 12 hr _Zoey_ 214
Spring Break Fun 13 hr FOVR 1
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) 20 hr FOVR 336
Hillary Camp Threatens Journalists 20 hr FOVR 8
Somali elders learn mediation to integrate comm... 20 hr FOVR 4
Iran Nuke Deal 22 hr Crassus 1
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]