Anger prevails at Southwest light rai...

Anger prevails at Southwest light rail gathering

There are 3 comments on the Star Tribune story from Jan 8, 2014, titled Anger prevails at Southwest light rail gathering. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

A consultant tried to sell skeptics on the stalled Southwest line at a public session in the Kenwood neighborhood of Minneapolis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#1 Jan 8, 2014
This is fun to watch. The Libs beating themselves bloody. The price has gone up by tens of millions of dollars because of these fools, and will continue to go up again and again.

$1 Billion will look cheap for this choo-choo train by the time they are done.
Bleeding edge

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jan 9, 2014
Once complete the SW LRT will move 20K commuters at the cost of $2,000,000,000 +$30,000,000 a year from the taxes paid by ROAD users.

A 20K reduction in commuters from a total of 500,000(?) what a waste.

MnDOT builds highways on a 1/4 mile wide swath of realestate, 4 lanes on 1/4 mile wide swath, time to hurl.

It's time to ADD LANES to all metro highways, actually now goat trails.
Tru Dat

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jan 9, 2014
I doubt there will be anywhere near 20K commuters from that neighborhood. They over estimated the ridership for the Northstar, and it would actually make sense for those folks to use the train. The people in SW love their cars, and will not leave the Prius in the garage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minneapolis Anti Trump Hotline 5 min London hit again 2
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 36,927
Democrats lose once again 12 hr Space ace 13
Shooter is Psychotic bernie bro Tue silly rabbit 27
Admit they are evil Tue silly rabbit 33
Jon ossoff Tue London hit again 3
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) Tue LIbEralS 591

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages