Map: Where will Minneapolis streetcars stop?

Jan 30, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Star Tribune

The city released a map on Wednesday that shows, for the first time, where a proposed streetcar or enhanced bus system along Nicollet and Central Aves.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are the people that thinks that all American workers should make under $10 per hour with no benefits.
You are an ignorant person. Most Conservatives believe that the government should not dictate what a private corporation will pay its employees. It is none of the governmentís business what I choose to pay any of my employees. If the employee believes he or she an make more money elsewhere, they are welcome to leave at any time.

If you have no marketable skills, then you should only make whatever someone is willing to pay you for your labor. That is your problem, not mine. Go improve yourself and improve your pay.

If you have marketable skills that are valuable to an employer, you are able to dictate what your pay will be. Congratulations to you.

NowÖLetís say you are one of the many unskilled people that are out of work at this time. I need my warehouse floor swept daily. Would you rather I pay you $7.75 per hour to sweep the floor of my warehouse? Or, should I buy an automatic sweeper for $8,000 and not hire you at all?
Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you expect them to support a family, pay for health care, AND own a car?
This is their problem, not mine.
Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Next question: have you ever tried to live, particularly in the suburbs, without a car? What do you do - rent a packmule to haul you groceries home?
Again, this is their problem, not mine.
Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to encourage you to volunteer at a food shelf once in a while - it would be an eye-opening experience for you. You might begin to understand how the poor think and what they go through.
I donít volunteer at a food shelf. Perhaps I should add that to the list of volunteer duties that I do perform. I am a regular down at Sharing and Caring Hands. I read to special needs children at a local elementary school. And I spend time helping a number of senior citizens that are incapable of performing household chores and/or yard work any more.

My partners and I have for years have encouraged all of our employees to participate with local charities. In fact, we allow one paid afternoon off each month for those doing volunteer work.

In other words, not only do I donate my time to a number of charities, I pay others to allow them to go during the work day and contribute their time.

Now, do you want to match monetary and in-kind donations made to charities too?
Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You could actually be part of the solution instead of part of the problem! I know it is much easier to sit in your nice suburban home and hurl insults at those less fortunate than yourself, because we all know that the poor are just worthless bums that don't want to work, right.
PAthetic.
You are right. I do sit in a nice suburban home and hurl insults at ignorant people such as you.

Let me go one step further. I sit in my gated community on my private road and hurl insults at jackasses like yourself. I earned every damned thing I have, and no problems with saying that.

No, you did not build it for me, nor did your Marxist President. I built the whole god damned thing myself.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So go out and help people learn to become economically independent. Go out and actually do something where you can personally meet the disadvantaged and help them. It's great that you mail checks to support charities, that certainly helps - but it more to ease your conscience than to actually help the poor. I volunteer year around, and it is amazing what a great influx of volunteers we get at Christmas and Thanksgiving, and equally amazing how the volunteers all go away by January 1st.
Dude, I am now 11 months from complete retirment. I have been advising people my entire life on how to become productive citizens and take care of themselves. I grew a company from nothing to a major player in the field it competes in. I served my country in SE Asia. Don't dare talk to me about easing my conscience, I have paid my dues to this country and to those who needed me most. You reach a point in your life where you look around at those who are healthy, semi-educated, but don't work because, the government pays them more to be on welfare than they can make working. I was as poor as a church mouse growing up in St Paul's Midway. But I worked 3 sometime 4 jobs a day, every single day from the time 16 to pay for my schooling, both HS and College. Dude, do not preach to me about helping the disadvantaged, I was one!
Awful Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

I must have touched a nerve. All your personnas are busy posting the same thing.

A conscience is a funny thing, isn't it?
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, I am now 11 months from complete retirment. I have been advising people my entire life on how to become productive citizens and take care of themselves. I grew a company from nothing to a major player in the field it competes in. I served my country in SE Asia. Don't dare talk to me about easing my conscience, I have paid my dues to this country and to those who needed me most. You reach a point in your life where you look around at those who are healthy, semi-educated, but don't work because, the government pays them more to be on welfare than they can make working. I was as poor as a church mouse growing up in St Paul's Midway. But I worked 3 sometime 4 jobs a day, every single day from the time 16 to pay for my schooling, both HS and College. Dude, do not preach to me about helping the disadvantaged, I was one!
Yeah, but you had "White Privilege" on your side. The poor don't look at your struggles and then accomplishments, instead they are racist and basis success on color.

A successful black man isn't "really" black, ya know.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

AntiMelting wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but you had "White Privilege" on your side. The poor don't look at your struggles and then accomplishments, instead they are racist and basis success on color.
A successful black man isn't "really" black, ya know.
Oh, you mean like Dave Winfield? Funny, he always look black to me!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Awful Truth wrote:
I must have touched a nerve. All your personnas are busy posting the same thing.
A conscience is a funny thing, isn't it?
Don't flatter yourself, there is nothing some no-body on this forum could say to "touch a nerve" OK Bob,or Lawton, Consistent
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Poor COWARD, too old to see your own foolishness...
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of us disagree with you.
You mean most or "us", all the voices in your head. I agree that Met Council = money pit.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Well if the guy afraid of sand agrees... DONE DEAL ?? LMAOROTFU~!

Funny, you're the guy who lies, too...
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Amused Slew wrote:
Well if the guy afraid of sand agrees... DONE DEAL ?? LMAOROTFU~!
Funny, you're the guy who lies, too...
You should hurry off to the wizard, don't forget to ask for heart, brains, and testicles.
Ronald

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>You mean most or "us", all the voices in your head. I agree that Met Council = money pit.
Met Council is clearly a money pit.

Unelected duplicate functions a total waste.

It could be completely eliminated with the only result being a reduction in taxes paid and wasted by this unelected department.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Now that I have YOUR shopping list, where's the $$$?? Oh yeah, other than a mouth, you're BROKE ~! LMAOROTFU~!

Too bad, you've been measured and are such a loser !

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

16 hours, thread killer again!
Awful Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Don't flatter yourself, there is nothing some no-body on this forum could say to "touch a nerve" OK Bob,or Lawton, Consistent
I stand by my point. There are an awful lot of Minnesotans whose idea of helping the poor consists of mailing a check and showing up at a charity once a year over the holidays to "help out".

Those people are only trying to ease their conscience. Might not be true for you, but it is true for a good many Miinesotans that show up for church every Sunday and call themselves Christians.
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand by my point. There are an awful lot of Minnesotans whose idea of helping the poor consists of mailing a check and showing up at a charity once a year over the holidays to "help out".
Those people are only trying to ease their conscience. Might not be true for you, but it is true for a good many Miinesotans that show up for church every Sunday and call themselves Christians.
There are an awful lot of Minnesotans who feel their taxes used for Section 8, food stamps, welfare, Minnesota Care, and a whole lot of other programs are plenty, and yet the state wants more and more. I donate some time, and some money, but a lot more money is taken through taxes.
Awful Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>There are an awful lot of Minnesotans who feel their taxes used for Section 8, food stamps, welfare, Minnesota Care, and a whole lot of other programs are plenty, and yet the state wants more and more. I donate some time, and some money, but a lot more money is taken through taxes.
So how are helping the problem? How are you working towards a solution?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a lot of people who take advantage of the system and spoiled it for those who really need it. Don't think for one minute all of those living in Section 8 housing or collecting EBT cards are the downtrodden of society. There are too many playing the game, so to speak, and the bureaucrats, be it in DC or St Paul, seem to play along, because it justifies their job. You want to hang a guilt trip on someone, stand out side the Library in DT Minneapolis and ask those sitting around at anytime of the day why they aren't working? Hang the guilt trip on them for taking both yours and my tax money. No one minds helping the those who need it, but in the same vein, no one like to be taken advantage of either!

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Your point is nothing more than a self serving opinion where you justify your hatred of others and want the government to punish those that work harder than you do.

There are as many, if not more, lazy jackasses on the DFL side of the ledger as there are on the Conservative side.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Ahhhh !!? You contribute RHETORIC, just like Jesus did ??? LMAOROTFU~!

Too bad, you're a proven liar, huh ???

the fifth rule: Ridicule is manís most potent weapon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Proposed high-voltage power lines raise fears i... (Apr '09) 17 min witness 92
Muslim drivers refuse to work over Gay Games ad 48 min cantmakeitup 10
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 54 min LIbEralS 29,933
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr LIbEralS 25,967
Bill Bans Whole Milk For Kids At Day Care 1 hr cantmakeitup 6
Obama Victory - US freeing Iran funds as Tehran... 9 hr Capt Crunch 9
Want Affordable Care Act to work 16 hr LIbEralS 23
•••
•••