Map: Where will Minneapolis streetcars stop?

Jan 30, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Star Tribune

The city released a map on Wednesday that shows, for the first time, where a proposed streetcar or enhanced bus system along Nicollet and Central Aves.

Comments
1 - 20 of 39 Comments Last updated Feb 1, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Another boondoggle to waste money on. Somthing that will never pay for itself.

We have the North Star and LRT losing money hand over fist. Let's add another non-flexible method of transit that accomplishes nothing but costs billions.

Way to go, Mayor Archie!

----------

Want a good mass transit system? Buy lots of busses. Let people ride them for free. That would be far cheaper than the rat holes we are dumping money down currently.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Which bushwhacker wars...PAID FOR THEMSELVES ???

Gee, a situation, where proof is available, a novel concept to Corvair Queen ??? LMAOROTFU~!
Ronald

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Smart Liberal wrote:
We have the North Star and LRT losing money hand over fist. Let's add another non-flexible method of transit that accomplishes nothing but costs billions.
Way to go, Mayor Archie!
----------
Want a good mass transit system? Buy lots of busses. Let people ride them for free. That would be far cheaper than the rat holes we are dumping money down currently.
Agreed, Government can't keep their hands off fees associated with motor vehicles. Interesting when LRT fails they bring in flexible busses to haul the load.

Rail suppliers love Libertard infatuation with expensive rail junk.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

SO, you agree there's a "load"/need being met, but you had some rhetoric you wanted to spew ???
Awful Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Smart Liberal wrote:
Way to go, Mayor Archie!
----------
What city do you actually live in?

Do you actually use mass transit?

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Smart Liberal wrote:
Way to go, Mayor Archie!
----------
Met Council = Money Pit
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Cantgetitup=cheap old bi-curious "man"...
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

What brand knee-pads are you bois using ? Will they last in garden usage ? LMAOROTFU!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Oh God, Oh God...I am now so wounded and broken. What shall I do? What shall I do?
Awful Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Met Council = Money Pit
Most of us disagree with you.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Spew ???

LMAOROTFU ~!??

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

So, what kinda "man" spends nights as my gay stalker ?? Your "kind"....

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

cantmakeitup wrote:
Oh God, Oh God...I am now so wounded and broken. What shall I do? What shall I do?
Relax my son, for it too shall pass!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Smart Liberal wrote:
Way to go, Mayor Archie!
----------
We add this to the Free Car rental program and we have almost total control of the transportation economy!!
Awful Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>We add this to the Free Car rental program and we have almost total control of the transportation economy!!
YOU are the people that thinks that all American workers should make under $10 per hour with no benefits.

How do you expect them to support a family, pay for health care, AND own a car?

Next question: have you ever tried to live, particularly in the suburbs, without a car? What do you do - rent a packmule to haul you groceries home?

I'd like to encourage you to volunteer at a food shelf once in a while - it would be an eye-opening experience for you. You might begin to understand how the poor think and what they go through.

You could actually be part of the solution instead of part of the problem! I know it is much easier to sit in your nice suburban home and hurl insults at those less fortunate than yourself, because we all know that the poor are just worthless bums that don't want to work, right.

PAthetic.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Brought to you, by DELICIOUS PhillipKs VodKa, BREAKFAST OF Cons.... LMAOROTFU~!

Served with the usual side of SPAM ~!

Of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't like some con "accomplishments" too......

AH.... maybe later.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Awful Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are the people that thinks that all American workers should make under $10 per hour with no benefits.
How do you expect them to support a family, pay for health care, AND own a car?
Next question: have you ever tried to live, particularly in the suburbs, without a car? What do you do - rent a packmule to haul you groceries home?
I'd like to encourage you to volunteer at a food shelf once in a while - it would be an eye-opening experience for you. You might begin to understand how the poor think and what they go through.
You could actually be part of the solution instead of part of the problem! I know it is much easier to sit in your nice suburban home and hurl insults at those less fortunate than yourself, because we all know that the poor are just worthless bums that don't want to work, right.
PAthetic.
One question at a time 1. Yes I lived in the suburbs for over 5 years and commuted, via MTC bus, everyday, both ways! I was one of 5 who actually paid for my ride, most of the rest just jumped on or gave some lame excuse they thought it only cost $1.00.
Now the issue of food shelves, I volunteer, every year, at Cathoic Charities in DT St Paul to help serve Thanksgiving dinners! I have worked packing up food packages for the poor, the real poor, at a food shelf in the Northern Suburbs in 3 of the lat 5 years at Christmas time. I donate money, to Sharing and Caring hands every year via a pledge.
The solution here isn't more charity, it is economic growth, jobs, to help these people build a sustainable life style.
I have been blessed in my life and I have seen what hard work and a good attitude can accomplish. I have shared my good fortune with many whom I, at one time, employed. I don't sit in my suburban home, because I now live in the country, in Sconnieville, and toss insults, I practice what I preach. Now how about you Awful Truth or Bob Or Lawton or whatever moniker your preaching under today, what do you do, you pompus Arse
Ronald

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

<quoted text>One question at a time 1. Yes I lived in the suburbs for over 5 years and commuted, via MTC bus, everyday, both ways! I was one of 5 who actually paid for my ride, most of the rest just jumped on or gave some lame excuse they thought it only cost $1.00.
Now the issue of food shelves, I volunteer, every year, at Cathoic Charities in DT St Paul to help serve Thanksgiving dinners! I have worked packing up food packages for the poor, the real poor, at a food shelf in the Northern Suburbs in 3 of the lat 5 years at Christmas time. I donate money, to Sharing and Caring hands every year via a pledge.
The solution here isn't more charity, it is economic growth, jobs, to help these people build a sustainable life style.
I have been blessed in my life and I have seen what hard work and a good attitude can accomplish. I have shared my good fortune with many whom I, at one time, employed. I don't sit in my suburban home, because I now live in the country, in Sconnieville, and toss insults, I practice what I preach. Now how about you Awful Truth or Bob Or Lawton or whatever moniker your preaching under today, what do you do, you pompus Arse
Ronald today.

My favorite bumper sticker:

"Work Hard, Work Overtime, Work Long Hours, Contribute To Charities Because Those On Welfare Depend On YOU".
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Ding, ding...here comes the Shitmobiles.
Awful Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

<quoted text>One question at a time 1. Yes I lived in the suburbs for over 5 years and commuted, via MTC bus, everyday, both ways! I was one of 5 who actually paid for my ride, most of the rest just jumped on or gave some lame excuse they thought it only cost $1.00.
So go out and help people learn to become economically independent. Go out and actually do something where you can personally meet the disadvantaged and help them. It's great that you mail checks to support charities, that certainly helps - but it more to ease your conscience than to actually help the poor. I volunteer year around, and it is amazing what a great influx of volunteers we get at Christmas and Thanksgiving, and equally amazing how the volunteers all go away by January 1st.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••