Charley Walters: Twins President Dave St. Peter says Minnesota planning another ambush in AL Cent...

Full story: TwinCities.com

The Twins likely won't be favored to repeat as American League Central Division champions this season.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Mar 2, 2011
Scott in Orlando

Orlando, FL

#1 Mar 2, 2011
I hope that Lehtonen does work out for the Wild. They gave up a real good goalie for these prospects. I don't think the Twins winning the AL central again would be a shock, it's just that both the Tigers and Chisox improved themselves. It could be nip n' tuck all season for these clubs. Perhaps game 163 will be necessary?
Frank

United States

#2 Mar 2, 2011
Oh thank God, I was wondering if I was going to get my weekly "former Gopher slugger Robb Quinlan" update or not! Thanks Chuck.
Waswa

San Francisco, CA

#3 Mar 2, 2011
Why is winning the AL Central all the higher the Twins ever set their goals? I can guarantee you the talk out of New York and Boston isn't about winning the AL East, it's about winning the World Series.
Huh

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Mar 2, 2011
One NHL scout not with the Wild, on why he likes the Wild's trade Monday of goaltender Anton Khudobin to Boston for two minor leaguers, one of whom is Finn Mikko Lehtonen, who is a proficient scorer in the Swedish Elite League: "He's a big guy (6 feet 3), and he can skate."

How profound.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#5 Mar 2, 2011
Can't wait until Robb Quinlan is out of baseball. The Trib and Pioneer Press are obsessed with him!

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Mar 2, 2011
can the Twins ever have any higher aspirations?..How about advancing in the playoffs?
Jon

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Mar 2, 2011
I think it is great how the Twins went from talking about the World Championship in 2010, to talking about winning the Central Division.
The Twins Management understand that with their great new facility, being somewhat competitive will be enough to keep the sell outs coming for years to come. That is most likely why they changed the parameters of what success is. I also like how they made this new mission a uphill climb. That way, as long as they are merely competitive in their division, they are not underachieving.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 hr Brian_G 32,475
Henry Kissinger "assembly of a new world order" 7 hr Space ace 1
Obama: "no strategy" on Isis. 7 hr Space ace 3
Drop one word....add one word game 8 hr _Zoey_ 84
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 12 hr Advertisment 26,226
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 14 hr Einer Joe Hansen ... 63
Cambridge Mace's Lane Middle School Teacher on ... 14 hr cantmakeitup 17
•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••