Land of Liberty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Funny stories to be had, go ahead and share them. Win, lose, traffic school, so forth
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Some folks respect & obey laws, some folks make jokes about being a burden to society.

“GiveMe Liberty or GiveMe Death”

Since: Jun 13

Land of Liberty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Here's a good one:

-You: Did you file a valid cause of action against me?
--Officer: Yes

-You: How many elements are in a valid cause of action?
--Officer:/// Prosecutor objects: Objection calls for a legal conclusion the witness is not able/outside scope/incompetent/etc.
-Magistrate: Sustained

-You: Motion to dismiss
-Judge: Sustained you b stard

---The worst thing that can happen is the officer answers it correctly or the judge denies the motion, in which case you move on.

Land of Liberty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Some folks respect & obey laws, some folks make jokes about being a burden to society.
9th Amendment right to Travel

Also did you know when the speed limit in Montana was ruled unconstitutional in 1999 it was their safest year ever on the roads? The United States needs flow management (like Germany) not legislative speed limits.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Spirit of 1776 wrote:
<quoted text>
9th Amendment right to Travel
Also did you know when the speed limit in Montana was ruled unconstitutional in 1999 it was their safest year ever on the roads? The United States needs flow management (like Germany) not legislative speed limits.
DO better research, your biased BS is another lie.

Land of Liberty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

I was doing 140 on I-235 northbound on the far left lane and their was traffic in the 2 right lanes and a state trooper parked on the right shoulder lane....... He turned his lights on & then off... I hit the gas up to 160 and got off at the next exit and went home for a while..... Didn't get a dime off me!
1776 Defender

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Montana: No Speed Limit Safety Paradox
Here is what the Montana data shows.(chart below) After all the politically correct safety programs were in place and fully operational, complete with federal safety funds, more laws and citations being issued. Here are the results.

1. After the new Speed Limits were established, interstates fatal accidents went up 111%. From a modern low of 27 with no daytime limits, to a new high of 56 fatal accidents with speed limits.

2. On interstates and federal primary highways combined, Montana went from a modern low of 101 with no daytime limits, to a new high of 143 fatal accidents with speed limits.

3. After a 6 year downward trend in the percentage of multiple vehicle accidents on its 2 lane primary highways, multiple vehicle accident rates increased again.

4. With the expectation of higher speed when there was no daytime limit, Montana’s seat belt usage was well above the national average on its highways without a primary law, lane and road courtesy increased, speeds remained relatively stable and fatal accidents dropped to a modern low. After the new limits, fatal accidents climbed to a modern high on these classifications of highway, road courtesy decreased and flow conflict accidents rose again.

All the important observations made in original research paper remain very germane in regards to this doubling of fatal accidents on Montana’s highways.(February 2000, Montana: No Speed Limit Safety Paradox) The following excerpts tell the story.

“Research scientists and engineers have long known that there are sometimes unexpected results from changes in public policies. Ironically, the paradox of no posted speed limits and low fatal accidents rates is no surprise to the traffic safety engineering community.“

For years, motorists’ advocates have used engineering-based facts against artificially low speed limits. They have claimed that by raising speed limits to reasonable levels, accident and fatality rates will actually be reduced. This seemingly wild assertion has been documented by the traffic engineering profession for 50 plus years. This fact–based position has again been proven to be true by the repeal of the National Speed Limit. The nation has recorded the lowest highway fatality rate since such records have been kept.

What about the extreme of No Speed Limits on 4 lane Interstate and rural federal–aid primary two lane highways? These same fact–based engineers point to the German Autobahn, where with no speed limits, authorities are consistently reporting lower fatality rates than comparable US highways.

For the last 5 months of no daytime limits in Montana, the period after its Supreme Court had ruled that the Reasonable and Prudent law was unconstitutional, reported fatal accident rate declined to a record low. Fixed speed limits were reinstated on Memorial Day weekend 1999. Since then, fatal accidents have begun to rise again.

http://www.motorists.org/press/montana-no-spe...
Flush the IRS

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Avoiding a ticket.

Never admit you know you were speeding to an officer. Just say you didn't know how fast you were going.

Never be the first speeder in a line of same, be at the back of the pack OR in the middle and watch the leaders tailights, when he hits the brakes you do as well. Of course watch your rearview mirrors for chase squads.

Don't speed on a lightly traveled highway, you are a sitting duck.

It's safer to speed in nasty weather, officers don't like to get cold or wet. Besides they are busy with wrecks in rain and ice etc.

Don't pass an officer at any cost YOU may get a ticket.

Never make any smart ass remark to an officer, some are just waiting for the opportunity to unload on YOU. And they do!!

Remember many officers persue the profession because for whatever reason have a desire to even the score. Maybe they were bullied, picked on by an older brother, abused by a pervert, lost a loved one to a DWI etc.

Never run a stop sign or red light, you might die or kill others. 5 MPH over the limit won't cause a wreck.

Texting, talking, makeup, eating, smoking, etc are taboo, they might kill you (as in DEAD).

I have always paid the fine for my 3 tickets, last one was in the 1960s. In fact I have citizen arrested a DWI who paid a fine after pleading guilty.

It's easy to just obey the law and keep your nose clean.
1776 Defender

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Flush the IRS wrote:
It's easy to just obey the law and keep your nose clean.
Next time you get a ticket, let me know. I'll help form a defense for you. If you lose you'll have to pay the same fine anyways but if you win you're free to leave!
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

If you form a stupid defense, the judge can hold you in contempt. (like anyone intelligent, now)
1776 Defender

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
If you form a stupid defense
WOW!!!!! This is very hurtful! Reported for abuse in the forums.

BTW: please explain how th ejudge can hold someone in contempt for this "stupid" defense...... Do you even realize what contempt is?

Land of Liberty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
"please explain how th ejudge"
Explain WHAT ???
Rather than play games please respond to post #8 which is a direct response to post #6
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Rather than question me, show some respect.

Land of Liberty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
Rather than question me, show some respect.
This is a putdown on another poster as if their views are somehow inferior to your own.

-Reported for abuse in the forums

Land of Liberty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
You have no business offering legal advice & strategy.
"I'll help form a defense for you."
Please cease & desist.
OVERVIEW OF THE AMERICAN LEGAL SYSTEM
http://tipmra.com/soft/Gale%20Encyclopedia%20...

-Read through it and get back to me...... You know when you understand something

Land of Liberty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
You have no business offering legal advice & strategy.
"I'll help form a defense for you."
Please cease & desist.
You're also going to want caselaw..... This site should help you in that regard.
http://caseclerk.com/

Land of Liberty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Slew let me know when you want to debate how to defend oneself in traffic court. Until then keep your childish gibberish to yourself, okay.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

one's self ????

Right... Tell you what, when you can show me you own the site, you can make the rules....but calling my posts names is sure reportable....

PS- IS slew name calling ???

TROUBLE !!
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Giving advice to ANYONE without credentials is worth what they paid for it... NOTHING.

Stroke your childish ego in private, we don't need your hypocritical BS on a family site.

Land of Liberty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Bushwhacker wrote:
one's self ????
Right... Tell you what, when you can show me you own the site, you can make the rules....but calling my posts names is sure reportable....
PS- IS slew name calling ???
TROUBLE !!
oneself
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/one...

in use since 1548

---As for Slew that is what you have went by.... Your recent usage of "Bushwhacker is a derogatory term"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Two Americans infected with deadly Ebola virus 9 min Mexican 10
Andi uses racial slur 10 min Mexican 8
Nice Ride loans out 140 bikes in low-income nei... 13 min Mexican 6
Rep. Van Hollen: Legalizing Illegals Will 'Redu... 15 min Mexican 2
Obama: Muslims Built 'The Very Fabric of Our Na... 19 min Seattle Slime 3
Global cooling 'undeniable,' scientists say 3 hr Bellweather 60
Listen to an admitted, self proclaimed RACIST w... 4 hr Bellweather 1
•••
•••