Minnesota has low wages

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 1, 2013
 
Small employers, whose annual receipts are less than $625,000 and who do not engage in interstate commerce, can pay their employees $5.25 per hour.[33](Note: The federal minimum wage for all employers grossing more than $500,000 is $7.25 an hour as of July 24, 2009, so the Minnesota large-employer rate of $6.15 an hour is obsolete as of that date.)[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_in_...
Ralph

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 1, 2013
 
Add in taxes in Minnesota are extreamly high AND will soon be much higher when Gov Dayton gets the tax increases he wants.

Time to move out..
Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 1, 2013
 
Ralph wrote:
Add in taxes in Minnesota are extreamly high AND will soon be much higher when Gov Dayton gets the tax increases he wants.
Time to move out..
Dayton will only tax those who dont pay their fair share. Thank HIM, he gave you TARGET as well so THANK HIM
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 1, 2013
 
Iowan wrote:
<quoted text>
Dayton will only tax those who dont pay their fair share. Thank HIM, he gave you TARGET as well so THANK HIM
Dayton's dad gave us Target. Little Markie couldn't hack it in the family business. He failed as a substitute teacher in New York, then came back here and started spending his trust fund money to get elected to public offices. From Wikipedia:

While in the Senate, Dayton generally voted with his fellow Democrats.[8]

On February 9, 2005, he announced that he would not run for reelection, stating, "Everything I've worked for, and everything I believe in, depends upon this Senate seat remaining in the Democratic caucus in 2007. I do not believe that I am the best candidate to lead the DFL Party to victory next year." He also cited his dislike of fundraising for political campaigns.[9] Dayton was succeeded in the Senate by Amy Klobuchar, another DFLer.

On September 22, 2005, the 44th anniversary of the day President John F. Kennedy signed the Peace Corps into law, Dayton became the first U.S. Senator to introduce legislation creating a cabinet-level Department of Peace. At the same time, similar legislation was introduced in the House by Congressman Dennis Kucinich.[10]

In April 2006, Dayton was rated one of America's "Five Worst Senators"[11] by Time magazine, which also labeled him "The Blunderer" for such "erratic behavior" as his temporary closure of his office in 2004 because of an unspecified terrorist threat, his complaints about "limited power in a chamber where authority derives from seniority," and his comments in February 2005 that the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota was "worth a hell of a lot more than the whole state of South Dakota", a remark he later apologized for. News reports of a Dayton question-and-answer session quote the Senator giving himself a "F" grade for his time in the Senate. Largely based on his Washington behavior, The New Republic dubbed Dayton's subsequent run for state-level elected office "Eeyore For Governor.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 1, 2013
 
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>Dayton's dad gave us Target. Little Markie couldn't hack it in the family business. He failed as a substitute teacher in New York, then came back here and started spending his trust fund money to get elected to public offices. From Wikipedia:
While in the Senate, Dayton generally voted with his fellow Democrats.[8]
On February 9, 2005, he announced that he would not run for reelection, stating, "Everything I've worked for, and everything I believe in, depends upon this Senate seat remaining in the Democratic caucus in 2007. I do not believe that I am the best candidate to lead the DFL Party to victory next year." He also cited his dislike of fundraising for political campaigns.[9] Dayton was succeeded in the Senate by Amy Klobuchar, another DFLer.
On September 22, 2005, the 44th anniversary of the day President John F. Kennedy signed the Peace Corps into law, Dayton became the first U.S. Senator to introduce legislation creating a cabinet-level Department of Peace. At the same time, similar legislation was introduced in the House by Congressman Dennis Kucinich.[10]
In April 2006, Dayton was rated one of America's "Five Worst Senators"[11] by Time magazine, which also labeled him "The Blunderer" for such "erratic behavior" as his temporary closure of his office in 2004 because of an unspecified terrorist threat, his complaints about "limited power in a chamber where authority derives from seniority," and his comments in February 2005 that the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota was "worth a hell of a lot more than the whole state of South Dakota", a remark he later apologized for. News reports of a Dayton question-and-answer session quote the Senator giving himself a "F" grade for his time in the Senate. Largely based on his Washington behavior, The New Republic dubbed Dayton's subsequent run for state-level elected office "Eeyore For Governor.
Nice opinion, from a loser....

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 1, 2013
 
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>Dayton's dad gave us Target. Little Markie couldn't hack it in the family business. He failed as a substitute teacher in New York, then came back here and started spending his trust fund money to get elected to public offices. From Wikipedia:
While in the Senate, Dayton generally voted with his fellow Democrats.[8]
On February 9, 2005, he announced that he would not run for reelection, stating, "Everything I've worked for, and everything I believe in, depends upon this Senate seat remaining in the Democratic caucus in 2007. I do not believe that I am the best candidate to lead the DFL Party to victory next year." He also cited his dislike of fundraising for political campaigns.[9] Dayton was succeeded in the Senate by Amy Klobuchar, another DFLer.
On September 22, 2005, the 44th anniversary of the day President John F. Kennedy signed the Peace Corps into law, Dayton became the first U.S. Senator to introduce legislation creating a cabinet-level Department of Peace. At the same time, similar legislation was introduced in the House by Congressman Dennis Kucinich.[10]
In April 2006, Dayton was rated one of America's "Five Worst Senators"[11] by Time magazine, which also labeled him "The Blunderer" for such "erratic behavior" as his temporary closure of his office in 2004 because of an unspecified terrorist threat, his complaints about "limited power in a chamber where authority derives from seniority," and his comments in February 2005 that the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota was "worth a hell of a lot more than the whole state of South Dakota", a remark he later apologized for. News reports of a Dayton question-and-answer session quote the Senator giving himself a "F" grade for his time in the Senate. Largely based on his Washington behavior, The New Republic dubbed Dayton's subsequent run for state-level elected office "Eeyore For Governor.
This is the same poster who, in another thread, declared that republicans should all have their salaries capped at a "maximum" wage. No one else, just republicans.
Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 1, 2013
 
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the same poster who, in another thread, declared that republicans should all have their salaries capped at a "maximum" wage. No one else, just republicans.
rethuglicans have taken more than tehir fair share from the economy it's time guys like me got a slice of the pie
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 1, 2013
 
You "know" a lot of stories, but nothing taught in school. We called people like you, who make excuses for themselves, stupid..... Too bad you've never changed... Poor, old, multiple moniker, child.
Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 1, 2013
 
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>Dayton's dad gave us Target. Little Markie couldn't hack it in the family business. He failed as a substitute teacher in New York, then came back here and started spending his trust fund money to get elected to public offices. From Wikipedia:
While in the Senate, Dayton generally voted with his fellow Democrats.[8]
On February 9, 2005, he announced that he would not run for reelection, stating, "Everything I've worked for, and everything I believe in, depends upon this Senate seat remaining in the Democratic caucus in 2007. I do not believe that I am the best candidate to lead the DFL Party to victory next year." He also cited his dislike of fundraising for political campaigns.[9] Dayton was succeeded in the Senate by Amy Klobuchar, another DFLer.
On September 22, 2005, the 44th anniversary of the day President John F. Kennedy signed the Peace Corps into law, Dayton became the first U.S. Senator to introduce legislation creating a cabinet-level Department of Peace. At the same time, similar legislation was introduced in the House by Congressman Dennis Kucinich.[10]
In April 2006, Dayton was rated one of America's "Five Worst Senators"[11] by Time magazine, which also labeled him "The Blunderer" for such "erratic behavior" as his temporary closure of his office in 2004 because of an unspecified terrorist threat, his complaints about "limited power in a chamber where authority derives from seniority," and his comments in February 2005 that the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota was "worth a hell of a lot more than the whole state of South Dakota", a remark he later apologized for. News reports of a Dayton question-and-answer session quote the Senator giving himself a "F" grade for his time in the Senate. Largely based on his Washington behavior, The New Republic dubbed Dayton's subsequent run for state-level elected office "Eeyore For Governor.
After college, Dayton was a teacher in New York City for two years, and then worked as the chief financial officer of a social service agency in Boston, Massachusetts.[3] Dayton served as a legislative aide to Senator Walter Mondale.

Dayton married Alida Rockefeller Messinger, sister of U.S. Senator Jay Rockefeller, in 1978; they divorced in 1986. Dayton and his second wife, Janice Haarstick, divorced in 1999. Dayton has two sons from his first marriage. He is a recovering alcoholic and has been treated for mild depression.[4] Dayton revealed this information on his own initiative, saying he felt "people have the right to know."[4] In December 2012, Dayton underwent vertebral fusion surgery at Mayo Clinic to treat his spinal stenosis.[5]

He was elected to the Senate in 2000, defeating Republican incumbent Rod Grams

Dayton led an effort to have a new stadium constructed for the Minnesota Vikings

March 2011, Dayton signed a law increasing penalties on those who injure or kill police dogs

more and more
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 1, 2013
 
Iowan wrote:
<quoted text>
After college, Dayton was a teacher in New York City for two years, and then worked as the chief financial officer of a social service agency in Boston, Massachusetts.[3] Dayton served as a legislative aide to Senator Walter Mondale.
Dayton married Alida Rockefeller Messinger, sister of U.S. Senator Jay Rockefeller, in 1978; they divorced in 1986. Dayton and his second wife, Janice Haarstick, divorced in 1999. Dayton has two sons from his first marriage. He is a recovering alcoholic and has been treated for mild depression.[4] Dayton revealed this information on his own initiative, saying he felt "people have the right to know."[4] In December 2012, Dayton underwent vertebral fusion surgery at Mayo Clinic to treat his spinal stenosis.[5]
He was elected to the Senate in 2000, defeating Republican incumbent Rod Grams
Dayton led an effort to have a new stadium constructed for the Minnesota Vikings
March 2011, Dayton signed a law increasing penalties on those who injure or kill police dogs
more and more
Now, what about Mark Dayton whose website says he taught for "2 years" and whose official biography of the US Senate says he taught for "3 years" when there are documents from NYC Schools which prove he taught from Sept 69-Jan 70 and resigned in Jan 70 for "personal reasons"

Isn't that 16 months? Is 16 months 2 years...
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 1, 2013
 
non-starter wrote:
<quoted text>Now, what about Mark Dayton whose website says he taught for "2 years" and whose official biography of the US Senate says he taught for "3 years" when there are documents from NYC Schools which prove he taught from Sept 69-Jan 70 and resigned in Jan 70 for "personal reasons"
Isn't that 16 months? Is 16 months 2 years...
I'd explain the school year is 9 months long, but ONLY a complete idiot wouldn't know their facts, when they libel their betters....
non-starter

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 1, 2013
 
Bushwhacked wrote:
<quoted text>I'd explain the school year is 9 months long, but ONLY a complete idiot wouldn't know their facts, when they libel their betters....
Dayton? Better than who? A bi-polar alcoholic that has held one job(US Senator) for as much as 6 years? Twice divorced, stuttering, buffoon Dayton? Speak for yourself and your betters, slewchebag. Dayton might be better than you, but unlikely anyone else, Dumbo included.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 1, 2013
 
I'd explain the school year is 9 months long, but ONLY a complete idiot wouldn't know their facts, when they libel their betters....
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 1, 2013
 
Bushwhacked wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even bother Slewsie dear. The rethuglicants are unable to understand time passing. Just like they think you are still working for the USPS even though your a55 got canned years ago.
Poor troll, if I had your "life", I'd be as unhappy as you are. Fired again ??? You lost that game eons ago.... I guess, being a poor person & loser go together. In your case, I win every-time you lower yourself.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Poor troll, if I had your "life", I'd be as unhappy as you are. Fired again ??? You lost that game eons ago.... I guess, being a poor person & loser go together. In your case, I win every-time you lower yourself.

Pretty sad, rep for St Paul...
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Mar 1, 2013
 
Was I fired or are you a TrashyLiar ?? Let's see, Hertz AT Sea-Tac is the best clue, right ??? Was the photos the next "clue", you senile, lying, old man, you ???

Isn't it funny, you take no responsibility for your actions here, just like NO REAL MAN, would do.

Pretty sad, for anyone who ever sees the real you.

Stay in Mn, no one else would find you worthy....

Ps- Baron, butt kisser.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 31 min litesong 29,851
University calls the amount of white people on ... 1 hr Wade Gustafson 8
Will Michelle DUMP Barak 2 hr Stacy 11
Franken has 8 point lead in conservative KSTP poll 2 hr cantmakeitup 21
Hey What Ever Happened To Minnesota Nice ? 3 hr LIbEralS 20
Affordable Care Act (Oct '13) 4 hr redeemer 349
Sen. Reid on Cattle Battle: "It's not over" 4 hr redeemer 25
•••

Winter Storm Warning for Hennepin County was issued at April 16 at 4:52PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••