What sucks about the affordable care ...

What sucks about the affordable care act?

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
minuteman

Somerset, KY

#1 Oct 19, 2013
Did you sign up?
goose

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 19, 2013
I did and saved a bundle.
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Apr 28, 2014
Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini told reporters that his company prefers to stay at its current level of Obamacare participation in just 17 states and said customers can expect health insurance premiums to climb, despite the Affordable Care Act. Specifically, Bertolini said that, depending on a customer's state and the mix of sick versus healthy patients, customers should be prepared for insurance hikes ranging from "the very low single digits" to "some that will be over double digits."

Aetna says the Obama administration caused so much uncertainty with its myriad regulatory changes that half of Aetna's premium increases are due to President Barack Obama's administration's constant shifts in decisions, rules, deadlines, and regulations.
Con Dumbs

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Apr 28, 2014
Seems a con dumb's "life" is just one long rant against liberals.
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#6 May 14, 2014
ohn and Dawn DiMarco signed up for an Affordable Care Act plan through the state health insurance exchange during open enrollment. They received their insurance card and were covered but their bill was thousands of dollars more than advertised.
They spent weeks going back and forth with various state agencies and the insurance company to try and get answers. Then, this month, their carrier, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, sent them a cancellation notice.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Shar...
goose

Saint Paul, MN

#7 May 14, 2014
goose wrote:
IF that is true it tells me you have very little income, or no income.
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#8 May 27, 2014
The Affordable Care Act - "Doesn’t Even Work"

The Robinson family of Dallas, Texas started out pretty excited about their new insurance plan under the Affordable Care Act.
"I was like,'Oh, here's the answer! This is simple!' " Nick says. " 'It's a cheaper insurance plan, there's no pre-existing condition stuff.' "

Rachel was skeptical, but Nick went online and started shopping. He had trouble getting through the glitchy website at first, but eventually he picked a plan just for his wife. It was a gold plan HMO through Blue Cross Blue Shield for about $375 a month.

In January, as soon as the plan began, Nick printed out a list of obstetricians from the plan's website. "I handed it over to Rachel, fully confident, fully feeling like I had accomplished something for her, I had come through for my wife," he says. "This whole Obamacare thing was going to work!"

The OTHER shoe drops:

Rachel recalls two days in January when she sat down and called every doctor on the list of 28. According to her, most of the practices told her, in one way or another, that they didn't take the plan.

"Some would just come right out and say,'We don't take Obamacare,' " she says.
"Or the best one was,'The doctor takes it here at the actual practice, but whatever hospital you use ... does not take that insurance.' "

She says there were other issues too. Some of the doctors said they wouldn't see her because she was too far along in her pregnancy — about 30 weeks. A few practices did take the HMO insurance, but they operated as a rotating clinic, and couldn't guarantee she would see the same doctor every time. Rachel wanted to establish a relationship with her obstetrician.

"It was mind numbing," she says, "because I was just sitting there thinking,'I'm paying close to $400 a month just for me to have insurance that doesn't even work. So what am I paying for?' "

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/05/27/31...

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#9 May 27, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
The Affordable Care Act - "Doesn’t Even Work"
The Robinson family of Dallas, Texas started out pretty excited about their new insurance plan under the Affordable Care Act.
"I was like,'Oh, here's the answer! This is simple!' " Nick says. " 'It's a cheaper insurance plan, there's no pre-existing condition stuff.' "
Rachel was skeptical, but Nick went online and started shopping. He had trouble getting through the glitchy website at first, but eventually he picked a plan just for his wife. It was a gold plan HMO through Blue Cross Blue Shield for about $375 a month.
In January, as soon as the plan began, Nick printed out a list of obstetricians from the plan's website. "I handed it over to Rachel, fully confident, fully feeling like I had accomplished something for her, I had come through for my wife," he says. "This whole Obamacare thing was going to work!"
The OTHER shoe drops:
Rachel recalls two days in January when she sat down and called every doctor on the list of 28. According to her, most of the practices told her, in one way or another, that they didn't take the plan.
"Some would just come right out and say,'We don't take Obamacare,' " she says.
"Or the best one was,'The doctor takes it here at the actual practice, but whatever hospital you use ... does not take that insurance.' "
She says there were other issues too. Some of the doctors said they wouldn't see her because she was too far along in her pregnancy — about 30 weeks. A few practices did take the HMO insurance, but they operated as a rotating clinic, and couldn't guarantee she would see the same doctor every time. Rachel wanted to establish a relationship with her obstetrician.
"It was mind numbing," she says, "because I was just sitting there thinking,'I'm paying close to $400 a month just for me to have insurance that doesn't even work. So what am I paying for?' "
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/05/27/31...
Whew!! Good thing Obamacare fixed all of those issues with insurance companies.

"But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it"

"Prevention, prevention, prevention—it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting."

Why yes, it's all about diet. You can prevent anything with the right diet. Cure cancer, prevent gun shot wounds, fend off raging pit bulls, save us from falling off a cliff or protect us from the vacuum of space.
Good thing we have Dr. Pelosi, MD in charge of things.
snake

Minneapolis, MN

#10 May 28, 2014
goose wrote:
it is great, I like not having to pay for my healthcare.

Let someone else foot the bill

Thanks President Obama !!
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#11 May 29, 2014
Though the Obama administration tried to cover up the full extent of the website failure in the days following its launch, the lengthy HHS document tells a tale of complete collapse. It was forced out of this secretive administration by our November 25, 2013, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit. Judicial Watch filed suit after HHS refused to respond to our October 7, 2013, FOIA request seeking the following information:

Any and all records concerning, regarding, or related to the number of individuals that purchased health insurance through Healthcare.gov between October 1, 2013, and October 4, 2013.

A simple request – that was stonewalled for over six months. Now we know why. This document shows that, on its first full day of operation, October 1, 2013, Obamacare’s Healthcare.gov received only one enrollment! That’s one – out of 334 million Americans. On the second day, 48% of registrations failed to process.
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Jun 4, 2014
Joining Virginia, Washington, Indiana and Ohio, where state officials have admitted that Obamacare customers in their states will be hit with cost increases in order to maintain their now-mandatory health coverag are: Vermont, Connecticut and Arizona - Double-Digit Premium Hikes

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/03/obamacare-u...
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Jun 4, 2014
The middle class takes it in the shorts again while Obama's 1%ers get paid:

UnitedHealth is once again hiking the quarterly dividend it gives shareholders by more than 30 percent, with the latest increase tripling the initial value of a payout the nation's largest health insurer debuted in 2010.
Deemer

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jun 24, 2014
You mean that it isn't FREE?

Hundreds of thousands of people with subsidized health insurance to resolve questions about their eligibility, as consumer advocates express concern that many will be required to repay some or all of the subsidies.

Two million reported personal information that "differed" from data in government records,

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/16/us/thousand ...
affordable yes

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jun 24, 2014
goose wrote:
it is great, I like when others pay 90 % of my health care cost, I can afford 10 %, thanks again President Obama.
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Jun 30, 2014
Obamacare can't make employers cover contraception;

The Supreme Court says corporations can hold religious objections that allow them to opt out of the new health law requirement that they cover contraceptives for women.

The justices' 5-4 decision Monday is the first time that the high court has ruled that profit-seeking businesses can hold religious views under federal law. And it means the Obama administration must search for a different way of providing free contraception to women who are covered under objecting companies' health insurance plans.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SUP...
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Aug 22, 2014
Thanks a lot, Obama.

Cubs cut grounds crew’s hours to avoid paying health benefits :

http://www.suntimes.com/m/29402267-773/cubs-c...
LIbEralS

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Feb 26, 2015
Too funny:

The Obama administration in recent weeks has been trumpeting the number of signups for health insurance through the Obamacare marketplaces for 2015, but at least 90,000 consumers who had coverage last year are losing it.

We have now completed processing the information submitted by most of those with citizenship and immigration data matching issues described in last week’s snapshot. As a result, approximately 90,000 consumers who had 2014 coverage were not able to continue their Marketplace coverage in 2015 because they did not provide the necessary documentation of their citizenship or immigration status (the previous estimate was 200,000). Their coverage has been terminated and these individuals are no longer included in the cumulative total. As such, the change in the weekly and cumulative total reflects both the increased number of sign-ups due to the special enrollment period and the reduced number of re-enrollees due to this action.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/hhs-termi...
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Mar 27, 2015
Obamacare flying machine begins a death spiral
Premiums are rising rapidly and the young and healthy are bailing out

According to the Manhattan Institute, premiums climbed by 41 percent on average from 2013 to 2014, and premiums are likely to rise sharply again after two insurance company bailout programs included in Obamacare expire in 2017.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#25 Mar 28, 2015
goose wrote:
And I am OK taking other peoples money (OPM) to finance my cost of living expenses. I think laws forcing other people to give up their hard earned income to pay my way is GREAT !!!

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#26 Mar 28, 2015
All of it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump does it again 28 min Pop the Weasel 37
no more browns 10 hr space ace 1
knock fovr out Wed space ace 3
News Authorities Identify Suspect In Pine City Playg... Wed anarchist 4
more syrians Wed anarchist 5
BLM lies on a 0-4 losing streak May 24 anarchist 14
dead boys May 24 anarchist 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages