NEW CNN poll - Majority do not want R...

NEW CNN poll - Majority do not want Republicans in control of House

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Schmahl Spew

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Oct 21, 2013
...more than half the public says that it's bad for the country that the GOP controls the House of Representatives, according to a new national poll conducted after the end of the partial government shutdown.

...The poll was conducted Friday through Sunday, just after the end of the 16-day partial federal government shutdown that was caused in part by a push by House conservatives to try and dismantle the health care law, which is President Barack Obama's signature domestic achievement.

According to the survey, 54% say it's a bad thing that the GOP controls the House, up 11 points from last December, soon after the 2012 elections when the Republicans kept control of the chamber. Only 38% say it's a good thing the GOP controls the House, a 13-point dive from the end of last year.
GOP Gloom

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Oct 22, 2013
Those are some pretty dismal numbers.
Arch on Larch

Detroit, MI

#3 Oct 24, 2013
If I was a Republican politician I'd be looking for a new career.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for President, He will win. watch 55 min LIbEralS 4
Review: MXT Associates (Aug '11) 19 hr Sarah 10
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Thu Serratus Anterior 35,569
the NON affordable care act (Oct '13) Aug 23 Obama the best 279
Can't manage the gov & NOT honest or trustworthy (Nov '13) Aug 20 Phineas 523
Welcome To Minnesota Mr. Trump Aug 20 LIbEralS 3
News Prison sentence for notable defense attorney Sa... (May '11) Aug 19 Post them 19

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages