Ex-Bears QB Miller: Religion a barrie...

Ex-Bears QB Miller: Religion a barrier for gays in locker room

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

CRASSUS

Neenah, WI

#1 Feb 26, 2013
"Teams want to know if Manti Te'o is gay," Florio said. "They just want to know. They want to know because in an NFL locker room, it's a different world.... It's been described to me as the proverbial elephant in the room and I don't think anyone knows how to solve this dilemma yet."

Former Chicago Bears quarterback Jim Miller cited religion Tuesday in arguing that an openly gay player would not be welcomed in NFL locker rooms.

“There are some religions that are just not going to accept a gay individual in the locker room,” Miller told "The McNeil and Spiegel Show" on WSCR-AM 670.“So now, are you as an organization going to bring that element into your locker room and think everything is going to be OK?- See more at: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 1 hr Mutant-cucumber 690
CNN = Fake News 2 hr Davycrockett 20
Liberals caught planning violence for inauguration 5 hr Space ace 23
Wikileaks: dossier "bogus" 6 hr Space ace 19
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 8 hr Speaking For daOt... 35,847
Flaming Liberal on ACA healthcare 14 hr Merry Moosmas 1
John Lewis is NOT a civil rights hero! He's a c... 14 hr Zephyrus 3

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages