GOP strategist slams 'the stupid wing...

GOP strategist slams 'the stupid wing of the Republican Party'

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

Tea Party People

Buffalo, NY

#1 Oct 19, 2013
Good times for the GOP:

Republican strategist Mike Murphy chided what he called "the stupid wing of the Republican Party."

"There's tension and there ought to be a questioning of whether we ought to listen to such bad advice," Murphy said when asked about the influence of conservative groups. "We took a huge brand hit. It's self-inflicted.... I'm glad there are no elections tomorrow."

(snip) "I don't want to go down this road again," [Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H.] said in an interview with The Associated Press, noting that she disagreed with congressional conservatives' tactics during the budget fight. "What we take from this experience is that there are obviously common-sense problem solvers, and that's where the party needs to be."

Nicer than Murphy, Ayotte only implied that Tea Party Republicans lack common sense. I guess that's a little less harsh than calling them stupid.

Wait, there's more. Senator Orrin Hatch strongly criticized groups on the right that “aren’t even Republicans but who think they can control the Republican Party."

Hatch then spoke about the "radicalness" of some of these groups, and when Chuck Todd asked if he was referring to the Heritage Foundation, led by former Senator Jim DeMint, Hatch said "well, yeah." He added that he and many other Republicans are asking whether Heritage has become "so political" that it’s "in danger of losing it’s clout and its power."
goose

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 20, 2013
The Republicans would be so much better off if they would send the tea party extremists packing.
Seattles Finest

Seattle, WA

#3 Oct 21, 2013
Which wing of the Republican party would the stupid wing be?
Awful Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Oct 22, 2013
BOTH wings!
goose

Lombard, IL

#5 Oct 24, 2013
Even the Republicans now acknowledge that the tea party people are stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama & BLM mourn monstor Fidel Castro 49 min Trump worst presi... 71
Child sex ring>Pizzagate>Clinton's>Obama's>FBI ... 2 hr Trump worst presi... 2
BLM urge rioting over OSU SHOOTING 2 hr Drumpf 36
California Dems Block Gang Member Database Tue TAAM 1
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) Dec 4 texas pete 628
Get Over It! Dec 3 Evil Roy Slade 10
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) Dec 2 Squirtzzz3971 35,607

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages