Minimum wage gap grows wider between ...

Minimum wage gap grows wider between states

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Smart Liberal

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jan 1, 2013

Source: Associated Press

By MIKE BAKER, Associated Press | December 31, 2012 | Updated: December 31, 2012 5:06pm

OLYMPIA, Wash.(AP)— With a bump in the Washington state minimum wage to $9.19 an hour, high school student Miranda Olson will edge closer to her goal of buying the black Volkswagen Beetle she's been researching online.

Olson is only able to pick up part-time hours working at a cafe after classes and on weekends. But the extra pennies she'll earn in 2013 will add up over the coming weeks and months.

"It's not much, but it's something," said Olson, 16, who works at Wagner's European Bakery and Cafe in Olympia. "Every bit helps."

Many workers around the country won't be as lucky as residents of Washington state, which is raising its minimum wage Tuesday by 15 cents an hour even though it already has the highest state baseline in the country.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/news/us/article/Minimum-...
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jan 1, 2013
Slewsie just got a $.15/hour raise.
Smart Liberal

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jan 1, 2013
Le Dumbo is hitting all the Right Wingers today with his name jacking and lying.

Congrats to the Slewster. You're in the big money now.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#4 Jan 1, 2013
non-starter wrote:
Made 8k on a 10k 2 year hold.... Of course, your post is your typical lie... Poor loser guy. LMAOROTFU~!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jan 1, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Made 8k on a 10k 2 year hold.... Of course, your post is your typical lie... Poor loser guy. LMAOROTFU~!
But that money was already all spent on your alimony payments. It't that Walmart greeter job that pays all your bills.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#6 Jan 1, 2013
Why bother with the truth, when you're a proven loser/liar... Poor child, I get free rent and your head is actually being USED ~! LMAOROFU~!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#7 Jan 2, 2013
non-starter wrote:
Would that be another trollish lie...of course, unmanly guy...
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jan 2, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Would that be another trollish lie...of course, unmanly guy...
It isn't really a lie, it's a deliberately ridiculous statement made about a low integrity ridiculous poster. You really can't get a raise if you don't have a job to begin with.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#9 Jan 2, 2013
People with character call THIS a lie, stupid guy...

non-honest guy wrote-Slewsie just got a $.15/hour raise.

It isn't really a lie, it's a deliberately ridiculous statement ....
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#10 Jan 2, 2013
Yeah, it's A LIE, but you'll never get that.... It's a matter of character and you're a POS...
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#11 Jan 2, 2013
Another lying con....

You'd "think" the election, would have taught you morons SOMETHING !!!! LMAOROTFu~!
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jan 2, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Yeah, it's A LIE, but you'll never get that.... It's a matter of character and you're a POS...
Mr low integrity poster calling people liars again. You have made multiple lies and character assassinations against other posters, but yet, you think you are a truthful well balanced individual. I hope that psych grad student studying your posts gets a judge to issue a bench order for an intervention soon before you hurt yourself.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#13 Jan 2, 2013
You posted I got a 15 cent raise, PROVE IT, lying PUTZ ! LMAOROTFU~!

YOU OWE ME PROOF POS LIAR !!!
Demokrat Rules

Grantsburg, WI

#14 Jan 2, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Dangerous Sociopath,

As a poster that is either intoxicated or under medicated, why does it not bother you to come on here and post nothing but your "Projections" to other posters?

Everybody here knows how fauched up you are as a Defective Human Being. How come you and your Multiple Personalities are the only ones that consistently avoid ANY conversation that Threads are based on, and simply "work out your Mommy and Daddy issues" with strangers by "Projecting" yourself onto them with the variety of abuses you employ like a child on the Playground?

Do you "Feel" that nobody really knows what you are?

Your dangerous nature as a Psychopath needs to be addressed by Law Enforcement Professionals before you hurt others that may have the displeasure of contact with you outside your Fantasy World on Topix!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#16 Jan 2, 2013

redeemer

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Jan 2, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Another lying con....
You'd "think" the election, would have taught you morons SOMETHING !!!! LMAOROTFu~!
You can't teach an old dog like non-starter new tricks champ!
Amused at Slew

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Jan 2, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
That's funny. He owes you nothing. Get a life Slewsie!

“Liberty and Justice for ALL!”

Since: Jun 10

Bloomington, MN

#20 Jan 2, 2013
Demokrat Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Dangerous Sociopath,
As a poster that is either intoxicated or under medicated, why does it not bother you to come on here and post nothing but your "Projections" to other posters?
Everybody here knows how fauched up you are as a Defective Human Being. How come you and your Multiple Personalities are the only ones that consistently avoid ANY conversation that Threads are based on, and simply "work out your Mommy and Daddy issues" with strangers by "Projecting" yourself onto them with the variety of abuses you employ like a child on the Playground?
Do you "Feel" that nobody really knows what you are?
Your dangerous nature as a Psychopath needs to be addressed by Law Enforcement Professionals before you hurt others that may have the displeasure of contact with you outside your Fantasy World on Topix!
Funny how everyone but you is a "Dangerous Sociopath", "fauched up", has a "small dyck" and "Mommy and Daddy issues".

Given howe out of touch you were in November with American publican, I'd say it is YOU that is "Dangerous Sociopath", "fauched up", has a "small dyck" and "Mommy and Daddy issues".
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#21 Jan 2, 2013
He "owes" his family name character, you wouldn't understand, loser.... Funny, you joke about money, like the broke losers thou are....
non-starter

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Jan 2, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
It is just inductive reasoning, although it was possibly wrong.

Were anyone to employ you in Seattle, it would probably be someone deparate for help, seeing as how your sunny disposition precludes contact with the public. Most of those jobs pay minimum wage. Washington State just passed a $.15 per hour raise of the minimum wage effective January 1st, 2013. If you were employed, you would have just gotten a $.15/hour raise. I realize the fallacy of my reasoning now, as you are likely not employed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
republican forum disaster 27 min space ace 1
Trump continues rise 40 min space ace 3
Trump's endorses Palin? 1 hr FOVR 16
Trump on fire 2 hr FOVR 15
News Chemical-free swimming pool to open in North Mi... 8 hr Tellitlikeitis 61
Sanctuary Cities 8 hr Tellitlikeitis 96
News 7 Minnesota basketball players accused of assau... 8 hr gimme 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages