Neighbors happy to see West St. Paul tenant go after drive-by s...

Full story: TwinCities.com

A West St. Paul woman whose house was the scene of a May 7 drive-by shooting said this week she is moving because she doesn't feel comfortable in her neighborhood.
Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Aug 20, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Doubting Thomas

South Saint Paul, MN

#1 May 15, 2009
"Speaking through her shot-out window, she said the shooter was looking for someone other than her or her four teenage children and others who were at her house May 7"

Ummm, yeah
Get Ready

Saint Paul, MN

#2 May 15, 2009
This woman and her lovely brood are coming to a neighborhood near you! No doubt as a kinder, gentler, smarter bunch. Get the bulletproof glass installed as soon as you can.
Mort

Saint Paul, MN

#3 May 15, 2009
Any chance this wonderful human being could be denied welfare or section 8 benefits. Maybe she'd shuffle along to some other wonderful state.

“SAY WHAT ???????????????”

Since: Mar 09

BULLRUSH

#4 May 15, 2009
a madnet,where's the steel
IGH Mom

United States

#5 May 15, 2009
This ia how we take back our neighborhoods! If you can't get them to leave...start going after the landlords that rent to them. They will get out eventually! She feels threatened living there - I would guess her neighbors are the ones who would not feel safe when drive-bys are happening next door and of course they were not looking for any of her 4 teenagers. Give me a break, get out, your not wanted in the neighborhood anyways.
Mike

Saint Paul, MN

#6 May 15, 2009
Another fine upstanding welfare case we all pay for. Please leave our state.
callie

Tampa, FL

#7 May 15, 2009
She doesn't feel safe around all that crime? Lady, I have news for you...you ARE the crime! You are a crime against honest, hardworking people who just want to have a peaceful neighborhood. You allow your children run wild and then have the nerve to say the police lie and make up stories about them. Well, I can assure you this neighborhood and the police will have a huge celebration once you and your horrible children have left. I just feel sorry for the next neighborhood you are about to ruin.

“Love requires sacrifice”

Since: Jan 09

South Saint Paul

#8 May 15, 2009
Good for residents for taking their neighborhood back.
MNnative

Rochester, MN

#9 May 15, 2009
oh God, please don't let her move in by me! We just worked 2 years on getting a family like this out and now that house is vacant, please God I beg you don't let her move in there!
mary

Minneapolis, MN

#10 May 15, 2009
IGH Mom wrote:
This ia how we take back our neighborhoods! If you can't get them to leave...start going after the landlords that rent to them. They will get out eventually! She feels threatened living there - I would guess her neighbors are the ones who would not feel safe when drive-bys are happening next door and of course they were not looking for any of her 4 teenagers. Give me a break, get out, your not wanted in the neighborhood anyways.
This is what ruined the East side. Landlords renting to scumbags. The homeowners are afraid to come out in their yards in nice weather. Bravo to the neighborhood for speaking up.
Mr Rogers

United States

#11 May 15, 2009
mary wrote:
<quoted text>This is what ruined the East side. Landlords renting to ****. The homeowners are afraid to come out in their yards in nice weather. Bravo to the neighborhood for speaking up.
There's going to be much more renters soon as the slumlords snatch up all the forclosures. The city of SSP just changed rules regarding rental properties making it harder to rent and not give a crap.
Eastsider

United States

#14 May 15, 2009
mary wrote:
<quoted text>This is what ruined the East side. Landlords renting to ****. The homeowners are afraid to come out in their yards in nice weather. Bravo to the neighborhood for speaking up.
I live on the east side, and all it takes is ONE family or problem residence to ruin a whole neighborhood.(Believe me I know)

Was I the only one imagining the neighbors with torches and pitchforks?
Cash

Minneapolis, MN

#15 May 15, 2009
Oh that poor woman - her kids can't get a fair deal!(eyes rolling). This is the exact same type of person who would threaten to sue is her kid got hurt on a neighbor's property.
East Side

Minneapolis, MN

#16 May 15, 2009
mary wrote:
I am NOT afraid....I own my home on the Eastside, it homeowner's (I would assume you are one per your reference) with your attitude that "allow" this type of behavior, pick up the phone and call the PD...I will look away and pretend this is not happening in my front yard. Stand up and defend what is yours!
MnNative

Thibodaux, LA

#17 May 15, 2009
Eastsider wrote:
<quoted text>
I live on the east side, and all it takes is ONE family or problem residence to ruin a whole neighborhood.(Believe me I know)
Was I the only one imagining the neighbors with torches and pitchforks?
You don't have to convince me, I know exactly what you are saying. Took us 2 years to get rid of the thieving, pot smoking screeching section 8 renters in our neighborhood
mary

Atkinson, NH

#18 May 15, 2009
East Side wrote:
<quoted text>
I am NOT afraid....I own my home on the Eastside, it homeowner's (I would assume you are one per your reference) with your attitude that "allow" this type of behavior, pick up the phone and call the PD...I will look away and pretend this is not happening in my front yard. Stand up and defend what is yours!
We tried. we got tired of broken windows, our kids being threatened,etc. the last straw was me being shoved into the wall by some thugs tring to rob my neighbor. 6 months later the guy who pushed me down was in jail for murder.My house was nice and affordable, but I moved. went by my old neighborhood last week and it has only gotten worse. We had to call the cops all the time and they were great.
Mike

Saint Paul, MN

#19 May 15, 2009
East Side wrote:
<quoted text>
SOO ahh, its the homeowners fault that the thugs are there? HMMMM Don't think so
The Big Bopper

Saint Paul, MN

#20 May 15, 2009
Sounds like a lovely lady. Sounds like a trip to Minneapolis housing for her to give that area a try, eh?
West Side 30 years

Minneapolis, MN

#21 May 15, 2009
To the comment from West Sider. Not all mexicans are bad renters and gang bangers. Those people come in all colors and race!! That is very racist!! The majority of the West Side is Hispanic veterans who have lived here years and made the West Side what it is, full of life and a wonderful place to live, so don't let a few idiots let you judge the whole world!!!!
I am glad they got the bad ones out of the neighborhood, I feel for her little kids who have to keep moving around because of the parents that don't know how to control the rest of the kids. Just hope they don't come over here and corrupt my block.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Jun 6, 2009
The whole west side is corrupt

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cambridge Mace's Lane Middle School Teacher on ... 40 min Cheryl 18
DHS considering new security measures to interc... 48 min TSA Employee 22865 4
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 6 hr Brian_G 32,475
Henry Kissinger "assembly of a new world order" 9 hr Space ace 1
Obama: "no strategy" on Isis. 9 hr Space ace 3
Drop one word....add one word game 10 hr _Zoey_ 84
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 14 hr Advertisment 26,226
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 16 hr Einer Joe Hansen ... 63
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••