Cops: Man playing real-life 'Frogger'...

Cops: Man playing real-life 'Frogger' hit by SUV in South Carolina

There are 60 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 28, 2010, titled Cops: Man playing real-life 'Frogger' hit by SUV in South Carolina. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A man has been hospitalized after police in South Carolina say he was hit by an SUV while playing a real-life version of the video game "Frogger." Authorities said the 23-year-old man was taken to a hospital in Anderson after he was struck at around 9 p.m. Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kirbymolly

Chaska, MN

#1 Dec 29, 2010
The DFL almost lost another voter! I suspect he will try this again!
Dicky

United States

#3 Dec 29, 2010
The game was originally going to be titled "Highway Crossing Frog." Doesn't help this moron, but just a little trivia for you all.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Dec 29, 2010
I hope he has not, and will never, reproduce. We don't need his DNA in the gene pool.
KateJ

Homewood, IL

#5 Dec 29, 2010
This year's late entry for the "Darwin Awards." Moron.
Brian

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Dec 29, 2010
Does anyone else have the frogger theme song in their head right now?
Mamma

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Dec 29, 2010
Video games are the ruination of our youth. Ever since they became popular 30 years ago, quite a few kids and young "adults" waste many hours a day playing them, to the exclusion of everything else. They've been come isolated, obese, socially inept hermits sitting behind a game box or computer much of their life. And some of these idiots, such as this guy, actually try to reenact the games in real life. He could have caused someone to be killed as well as get himself killed. Hopefully he is charged with a serious crime and serves some jail time for his stupid actions instead of just a slap on the wrist. Parents need to stop this behavior from the start. Limit the game playing time to when you're home and for no more then an hour a day or don't buy them the games and the game boxes in the first place. Too many parents don't want to deny their little darlings anything and haven't for the last couple of decades. They don't seem to want to be responsible parents and tell their children "NO"! It's no wonder we have a large society of people who have the "gimmee, gimmee, gimmee" attitude so prevalent today.

Since: Jan 10

Taylor, WI

#8 Dec 29, 2010
Game Over!
Rich U

United States

#9 Dec 29, 2010
Working and playing in the shallow end of the gene pool.
Rich U

United States

#10 Dec 29, 2010
Mamma wrote:
Video games are the ruination of our youth. Ever since they became popular 30 years ago, quite a few kids and young "adults" waste many hours a day playing them, to the exclusion of everything else. They've been come isolated, obese, socially inept hermits sitting behind a game box or computer much of their life. And some of these idiots, such as this guy, actually try to reenact the games in real life. He could have caused someone to be killed as well as get himself killed. Hopefully he is charged with a serious crime and serves some jail time for his stupid actions instead of just a slap on the wrist. Parents need to stop this behavior from the start. Limit the game playing time to when you're home and for no more then an hour a day or don't buy them the games and the game boxes in the first place. Too many parents don't want to deny their little darlings anything and haven't for the last couple of decades. They don't seem to want to be responsible parents and tell their children "NO"! It's no wonder we have a large society of people who have the "gimmee, gimmee, gimmee" attitude so prevalent today.
How does that song go from The Music Man? Something like A CAPITAL P and that stands for pool. Get a grip, woman.
Vun

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Dec 29, 2010
The GOP almost lost another voter! I suspect he will try this again!
Wizconie

Amery, WI

#12 Dec 29, 2010
I guess maybe you really can fix stupid.
Archie

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Dec 29, 2010
How did IrishMN make it to South Carolina so fast???
Archie

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Dec 29, 2010
Rich U wrote:
<quoted text>
How does that song go from The Music Man? Something like A CAPITAL P and that stands for pool. Get a grip, woman.
Geez, no kidding. I ber her kids are probably fat, too.
Mamma

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Dec 29, 2010
Rich U wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ya got trouble", alright! And it ain't just in River City! Are you one of the gamers who play endlessly too? Get a job, man.
Diamond

Lake Elmo, MN

#16 Dec 29, 2010
Brian wrote:
Does anyone else have the frogger theme song in their head right now?
Not the theme song, just spllllllllllllllllllllffffffff ffftttt! noise.
hmmmm

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Dec 29, 2010
Stupid is as stupid does.
Nick

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Dec 29, 2010
Too much booze or acid?

BOTH!

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#20 Dec 29, 2010
What a dummy!
NatMc

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Dec 29, 2010
Gotta give kudos to that guy for living his dreams. I wish we were all that brave. My prayers are with you brave frogger: Get better soon and get back out there to beat that level!!!!!
games are good

Bladenboro, NC

#23 Dec 29, 2010
Mamma wrote:
Video games are the ruination of our youth..
and all this time i thought it was parents who did not give a crap.

your just making excuses for your failure as a parent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CBS, PBS star Charlie Rose suspended after sexu... 31 min USA now 3rd world 16
Will This Finish Off The NFL? 12 hr cadescove99 36
Another st.paul murder 16 hr Cat Fan 12
Trump on UCLA basketball players: 'I should hav... 22 hr Cat Fan 5
Review: Crestview Property Maintenance Tue Bobtheman 1
Cowboy Chris Turned Homosexual (Jul '15) Tue FOVR 9
Prosecutors: Boy, 11, smothered by 400-pound st... Tue CayCayCrassus 1

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance