Poll: Dayton leads Emmer by 12 points

A new poll shows Democratic candidate Mark Dayton with a 12-point lead over Republican candidate Tom Emmer in the Minnesota governor's race. Full Story
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Since: Jan 09

Dugway, UT

#1 Oct 28, 2010
Leave it to Minnesotans to vote for another joke of a candidate. Dayton is a drunken buffoon.
Protect the Quarterback

Hopkins, MN

#2 Oct 28, 2010
I dont know about drunken - but it shows the stupidity of Minnesotans to even think of electing a person who was deemed the 'worst Senator' in Washington DC or a person who has no income from working behind a desk or on a line meaning a 'sugarbaby' and is outspending at an exhaborant rate to 'buy' his way into office. The monies he is spending could be sent to school districts or to homeless shelters to actually help people. This man has in my opinion no right to run for office, let alone lead the state of Minnesota.
Jerry

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Oct 28, 2010
What do you expect. Government is the largest employer in the state. Add to that those who are dependant on government and you get Dayton. What will they do when they tap those of us who actually pay taxes, dry?
SSP

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Oct 28, 2010
This is amazing. After WCCO did a profile on each of these 3, Dayton would be the last one I'd vote for. I'd rather have Jesse than Dayton and i can't stand Jesse. Datyton is a drunk quitter and has givin up at everything he has done. If this poll proves true, this state if fuc'd. There's a reason why we continue to buck the national trend when it comes to jobs and it ain't because of people like Dayton.
griddy

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Oct 28, 2010
"The poll by Minnesota Public Radio News and the Humphrey Institute." That's all you need to know about the accuracy of this poll.
wow

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Oct 28, 2010
Speaking of drunks, Emmer has 2 DWI's. Dayton? Zero. Who is the bigger drunk. Emmer!! He will kill your kids in a car wreck.
Skippy

Eau Claire, WI

#9 Oct 28, 2010
wow wrote:
Speaking of drunks, Emmer has 2 DWI's. Dayton? Zero. Who is the bigger drunk. Emmer!! He will kill your kids in a car wreck.
Hard to get DWI's when you are being chauffeured everywhere.

Senator "F" will be the new governor of MN. Congrats, and enjoy the much higher taxes!

Since: Jun 10

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Oct 28, 2010
First does that mean 19% are still undecided? 41+29+11 = 81. If true then this race is still in play.

Second haven't we learned from our past yet!?!?!? One party in charge of all of government isn't a good thing. It didn't work to well for Bush and it's not working to well for Obama either. Are we Minnesotan's so arrogant that we think it will work at the state level or so dense that we can't learn from experience?
Balance

Torrance, CA

#11 Oct 28, 2010
That's a big margin of error.

There is no question that Dayton is leading -- he has led in every poll for the past three months. But a 12 point spread is too generous.

My money is still on the Rasmussen poll: Dayton by three.
Smell the Coffee

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Oct 28, 2010
This should come as no surprise to anyone, all a person has to do is realize how many people in this state depend on a tax and spend liberal in office and it should all become clear; We have a state that is overloaded with government employees, be it; Federal, State or local, including teachers, professors and whoever or whatever I don't think anyone really knows the magnitude of tax payers dollars being wasted in the educational system alone, then take into consideration all the people that are on entitlement programs, coupled with special interest groups that need tax money to support their shallow minded agenda. It all boils down to TAX, TAX, TAX, SPEND, SPEND, SPEND. In order to keep the public money trough over flowing with hard earned tax payers cash to satisfy the needs at which the fore mention feed, and who better to do that than a A TAX AND SPEND LIBERAL. Minnesotans are not to bright.

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Oct 28, 2010
wow wrote:
Tom Emmer got his DWI's in 1981 and 1991 you think that maybe he's learned his lesson. He was 20 and 30 years old respectively. You think that maybe he's matured since then. I got a DWI in 1983 does that make me drunkered today?

How old was Dayton when he and his cowardly staff headed for the high hills in Washington because they were afraid.

I myself would take a governor with two DWI's from 20 years ago over a governor who heads to hills when things get scary.
Former MN in TX

Canyon, TX

#15 Oct 28, 2010
I'm telling you people, they are over-sampling democrat turnout and under-sampling independent and republicans. They do this every election based on past turnout. This year is different, and don't be surprised if Emmer wins this thing.

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Oct 28, 2010
Balance wrote:
That's a big margin of error.
There is no question that Dayton is leading -- he has led in every poll for the past three months. But a 12 point spread is too generous.
My money is still on the Rasmussen poll: Dayton by three.
No doubt the Rasmussan poll was from last Friday and it had them at 44 (Dayton) 41 (Emmer) and 10 (Hoerner). How does Emmer lose 12% in 5 days and the undecided gain 14%? I'd love to know what questions they asked. This doesn't sound very reliable more like wishful thinking.

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#17 Oct 28, 2010
By the time next Tuesday comes around, the lead will be 25 points and this will be one of the biggest blow outs in recent history.
gdpcon

Plymouth, MN

#18 Oct 28, 2010
wow wrote:
20 and 30 years ago d.a. and you never made a mistake in your teens or 20's, huh? I'd say why don't you look as what he's accomplished since then and then make the comparison to Dayton. Oh, that's right, you can't make the second comparison because Dayton's done nothing.....

Since: Feb 08

Big Lake, MN

#19 Oct 28, 2010
griddy wrote:
"The poll by Minnesota Public Radio News and the Humphrey Institute." That's all you need to know about the accuracy of this poll.
That's what I'm holding out my hope on. If I remember correctly, most of the polls in the last few elections have been off leading up to election day. Maybe people find religion once inside the voting booth?

Here's how I imagine it playing out:

Typical Voter on November 1: "Boy I really like that guy from the Legalize Meth Party."

Typical Voter once inside the voting booth: "Well, the guy is on Meth and his teeth are falling out. Maybe I shouldn't vote for him. Who else have I heard of? How about this guy who's been here for 22 terms? I've heard of him before."
Saul Alinsky

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Oct 28, 2010
This is fantastic...we will control every branch of Mn government, including govenors office, both houses of the legislature, Attorney General's office, Secretary of State, The MN Supreme Court...and we already own both seante seats, the majority of the congressional seats! Finally we rid the state of the "enemy" and our power will be unfettered, so watch how Minnesota leads the nation in the recovery. Our schools will be funded to the level the teachers feel is necessary to improve the experience of the students; the cities will be funded to the levels they need to run their cities...VOTE DEMOCRATIC...and even if you don't there are enough who will!
gdpcon

Plymouth, MN

#21 Oct 28, 2010
MPR and the Humphrey Institute conducted the poll. LOL. Why don't you conduct a survey on Obama's performance and only ask Obama?

Since: Jan 09

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Oct 28, 2010
Time to move if Dayton gets elected. Maybe a move to SD, where Dayton is hiding his millions.

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Oct 28, 2010
IrishMN wrote:
By the time next Tuesday comes around, the lead will be 25 points and this will be one of the biggest blow outs in recent history.
You wouldn't be able to accurately predict the results of the governor's election on November 3rd much less October 28th

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary clinton "businesses dont create jobs" 4 hr Sangelia 31
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 5 hr litesong 33,107
Franken Campaign Goes After McFadden for Sellin... 7 hr goose 1
African Aid Workers Are Not Heros 11 hr cantmakeitup 3
How the Dem intend to win this November 12 hr LIbEralS 5
The Liberal Ebola Nurse 12 hr cantmakeitup 4
Viral video documents woman's experience with s... 13 hr Liberal 3
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match

Minneapolis People Search